Harvey and the Texicans

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
cantfishforshit.

Re: Harvey and the Texicans

Post by cantfishforshit. » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:37 pm

Junior© wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:40 pm
Difference is most folks don't try to make shitty "jokes" at the expense of people suffering the hardship. Classy guy, you.

Jr.
Fuck off pussy.
“I am a fisherman. The work is simple, as is my life. Still, I take pride in my work because on these waters, I may think, and reason not to."

-Hindu Fisherman

"Do you remember, Odin, when in bygone days we mixed our blood together? You said you would never drink ale unless it were brought to both of us?" -Njal

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:13 pm

Junior© wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:59 pm

As a Houstonian, I fail to see the humor. Own up to your tasteless, failed attempt at being witty in the face of this catastrophe.

Jr.
Junior,

I hope y'all can get things cleand up quickly, I do know it will be a long time before anything seems like normal over there. All the best to you guys.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

Junior©

Post by Junior© » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:22 pm

Thanks, Red - to be clear, me and my family were very fortunate and dodged a bullet on this storm. Others we both know weren't so lucky and have a shit-ton of work in front of them to pick up pieces.

Jr.

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:41 pm

Upon further review even lacking the warmth or depth you're indeed a cunt,D Wayne!

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:30 pm

Junior© wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:22 pm
Thanks, Red - to be clear, me and my family were very fortunate and dodged a bullet on this storm. Others we both know weren't so lucky and have a shit-ton of work in front of them to pick up pieces.

Jr.
Jr. Glad to hear you and your family stayed out of harms way, I've spoken to and heard about other friends that indeed wern't so lucky. Having been through similar with other storms, I can tell you that even though your house stayed dry, you're still going to be impacted and inconvenienced by this thing in your daily life for a very long time to come, especially considering how massive the devistation is from this one.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

RFA

Post by RFA » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:43 pm

EDIT:

You know, I originally wrote a post deriding our class dunce while trying to be empathetic. After reflecting, it is not appropriate.
Those of you who are, were in, or will be in the path of the flood zone/storm, please be safe and make sure you error on the side of caution in every circumstance. No possession, no matter how precious, will replace losing a loved one. Things are just things, they can be supplemented whereas the same can't be said for people. Possessions are never mourned, that is reserved for the dead, and the dead alone.

The feelings you are experiencing, the confusion, panic, numbness, they will come in waves, and will also be interrupted by silly, humorous moments that come out of nowhere. These happy flashes will mix with feelings of guilt, especially when the comforts you used to enjoy are reintroduced. A nice hot meal, a cold beer, and, in my case, a brief rain shower while a fire raged all around my house. Even the most cynical and jaded will smile with something more genuine that before was never thought to exist.

These events bring families together, and it is best to fight off releasing the stress that has surely reached a boiling point, with steam whistling out of the kettle. The time to air out these emotions will be when the proverbial sun comes out, in your case, when the waters recede, when you know that everyone is safe, and you can get busy with the tasks at hand while you work towards normalcy. This was, in my experience, dancing in the rain, while yours will be the exact opposite.

You'll be stronger for it, come the end.

Good luck.

Jed

Post by Jed » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:27 pm

On a more serious note, when Sandy hit up here the Red Cross came late to the party, left when another storm came up and spent big $$ on nice hotels for their staff while other grass roots organizations were much more effective and did a lot more with the money they received. For that reason I am hesitant to contribute to the Red Cross. Does anyone know of any grass roots type of organizations that we could contribute to? This is something we could promote on the Drake.

jed

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:33 pm

Samaratins purse and Salvation Army are both good about funds going to the effort.

I think the "BM" on this mound actually stands for "bowel movement"; one of Franzen's, if I'm not mistaken...

TX.

Post by TX. » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:36 pm

Jed wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:27 pm
On a more serious note, when Sandy hit up here the Red Cross came late to the party, left when another storm came up and spent big $$ on nice hotels for their staff while other grass roots organizations were much more effective and did a lot more with the money they received. For that reason I am hesitant to contribute to the Red Cross. Does anyone know of any grass roots type of organizations that we could contribute to? This is something we could promote on the Drake.

jed
JJ Watts a Houston Texan Football player.
Which one of you fuckers has a flats skiff in the NC mountains?-southernstrain
Was there also a raft,drift boat,jon boat,and a gheeno in the yard?-Kyle

TX.

Post by TX. » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:38 pm

He started it w/ a $100k donation and was shooting for $250k, he's over 12 mil. personally gonna hand out water and food.
Last edited by TX. on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

upshitscreek

Post by upshitscreek » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:49 pm

2nd for Samaritanspurse.org.

Or send all of your money to Chuck Norris.
houston-you-dont-have-a-problem-anymore.jpg
houston-you-dont-have-a-problem-anymore.jpg (49.61 KiB) Viewed 133 times
Be safe, draketards.

TX.

Post by TX. » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:05 pm

...And Duhwayne, your true colors have shone through w/ your post.
You really are a dumbass.
Do you understand supply chain?
Well have your gas prices gone up yet? Cause 50% of your gasoline comes from the pipe they turned off yesterday.
Houston is a MAJOR port. The railways are shut down. Six and a half MILLION people live in Houston.
Shitheads like you don't understand the economic impact a storm like this does to our economy as a nation.
They are talking 500 BILLION dollars in damage, yeah, BILLION. Insurance companies will be folding. People are dieing.
You're just a fucking idiot.
Call me a pussy, I don't fucking care.
You're still just a fucking idiot.
Donate, FUCKER! I did.