Harvey and the Texicans

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
cantfishforshit.

Re: Harvey and the Texicans

Post by cantfishforshit. » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:17 pm

You're not a pussy, Tex. I know the impact, I've lived through it. Sorry you took it the wrong way. Hope you and yours are well.
“I am a fisherman. The work is simple, as is my life. Still, I take pride in my work because on these waters, I may think, and reason not to."

-Hindu Fisherman

"Do you remember, Odin, when in bygone days we mixed our blood together? You said you would never drink ale unless it were brought to both of us?" -Njal

Lurgee

Post by Lurgee » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:19 pm

Dwayne.

What were you thinking?

Do you not see the loss people are facing?

Can you not comprehend how this will effect ALL of the USA

Do you realize that several members of this forum have personally been impacted?

SAY YOU ARE SORRY. KEEP YOUR DUMBASS MOUTH SHUT AND MAKE A DONATION MOTHERFUCKER.
"Fried Chicken for President!" Trucha del Mar

"Sweet Jesus... untold hundreds of linear miles of pristine trout water within pissing distance, and you cocksuckers went fishing for carp?
What's next? A Wang Chung show? Ajax

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:56 am

Lurgee wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:19 pm
Dwayne.

What were you thinking?

Do you not see the loss people are facing?

Can you not comprehend how this will effect ALL of the USA

Do you realize that several members of this forum have personally been impacted?

SAY YOU ARE SORRY. KEEP YOUR DUMBASS MOUTH SHUT AND MAKE A DONATION MOTHERFUCKER.

Speaking of nationwide impact, as TX pointed out, we are down a huge amount of refining capacity. Fill your gas tanks today if you haven't already, there's likely going to be a bump in price and I wouldn't be surprised to see issues with availability, especially with this being a big travel/holiday weekend.

B.T.W. you know you've got to be a serious fucking douche when you piss Lurgee off enough to make an angry post, he's normally more about giving hugs. Lurgee, Trucha, Junior and Fishwater, if there is anything I can do for you guys please let me know, once I10 is opened back up I'm not that far away and I've got a 3 -1/2 day weekend.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:13 am

Redchaser wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:56 am
Lurgee wrote:

. Fill your gas tanks today if you haven't already, there's likely going to be a bump in price and I wouldn't be surprised to see issues with availability, especially with this being a big travel/holiday weekend.
Done. I got enough for next week!!

I think the "BM" on this mound actually stands for "bowel movement"; one of Franzen's, if I'm not mistaken...

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:28 am

B.M. Barrelcooker wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:13 am
Redchaser wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:56 am
Lurgee wrote:

. Fill your gas tanks today if you haven't already, there's likely going to be a bump in price and I wouldn't be surprised to see issues with availability, especially with this being a big travel/holiday weekend.
Done. I got enough for next week!!

If I have to resort to looting, I'm starting at your place...
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:33 am

Haha... During the ice storm of 09 we were without power for a month. I had to Buy a bunch of locks and I had to loot from myself.

It was awful but I feel like it is just a small dose of the devastation in Texas right now. Its hard to comprehend what is happening.

I think the "BM" on this mound actually stands for "bowel movement"; one of Franzen's, if I'm not mistaken...

Ruddy Duck

Post by Ruddy Duck » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:32 am

"I am funny."

That's funny.

For the record, I can destroy sheetrock pretty good but can't install it.

Hopefully I'm not being too subtle. I'd hate to go over the heads of my huge fly fishing buddies in TX.

Bigguy

Post by Bigguy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:32 am

Geeze, B.M.! Never took you to be such a hoarder/prepper!

fly-chucker

Post by fly-chucker » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:59 pm

Bigguy wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:32 am
Geeze, B.M.! Never took you to be such a hoarder/prepper!
I did, why else would anyone eat half of the things he puts in his mouth. :vomit
"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." -CC

"Get off the water you dumb asses…there is a shit storm coming." -Pancho Rancho

"Fucker compared my small stream trout weenie cast to an epileptic with Tourette’s Syndrome." -Carpe Tructa

TX.

Post by TX. » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:57 pm

Dallas completely ran out of gas yesterday I heard from two sources.
Death toll is about 40 so far w/ no evacuation orders, really pretty amazing considering the last time they had mandatory evacuations, over a hundred died from heat related issues trying to get out.I personally think the mayor made the right call.
Godspeed to you dudes down there, and hope this big bitch Irma hits Mexico, but I doubt it.
Which one of you fuckers has a flats skiff in the NC mountains?-southernstrain
Was there also a raft,drift boat,jon boat,and a gheeno in the yard?-Kyle

Bigguy

Post by Bigguy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:23 pm

:bomb It's bad enough that we are dealing with what I expect will be a record natural disaster, but now we have to deal with the fact that we have way too many people that are bat-shit crazy!

Plow

Post by Plow » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:40 pm

Just returned from the Fulton/Rockport area taking down supplies (beer, ice, charcoal, rubberize meats - the usual stuff). We went down to help friends but so many good folks from all over are showing up just to help. Can't start anything without a perfect stranger asking if he/she can help. Is this a great country or what?
Better Reds than dead...