What I did on My Summer Vacation

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
The Wandering Blues

Re: What I did on My Summer Vacation

Post by The Wandering Blues » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:29 pm

Life is ebb and flow. I've always believed that. So, after that Bull Trout, a little rain fell on our parade. Not one, but 2 flat tires, the second one caused by one of our weight distribution load bars cracking.

Shit happens, it's all in how you deal with it. Got everything fixed, enjoyed meeting KP for breakfast, and we started making our way south. We found ourselves at Dinosaur National Mounment, an amazing stop if you wanna get your geologic geek on. A 3 story cliff with over 4000 Dino bones. Amazing. And camping on the Green River did not suck.

I couldn't help but think I need to attend a certain Bake just upstream because it's an amazing place. Hopefully, I'll get my ass up there again for the festivities.

We continued into Colorado. I tried to get a meet up with CE, but after 16 weeks on the road, the wife was getting antsy about getting home. Fortunately, I was able to create a route that allowed for some fly tossing through some amazing country. We tried to save some $$ by boondocking at the Cabelas in Grand Junction (which is usually cool) but we're kicked out by the mall cop. Rather than crushing his dreams and going Old Testament on him, we elected to camp out in the Escalante wildnerness. I'm getting chill in my old age, and happy about it because I sat out for bit, savoring the night beauty.

Next day, I was chasing cutts in the morning.

And wild bows on a different system in the afternoon.

We spent our last night in CO at 10,500' elevation and watched the sun dip its head to evening on the San Juans. Back when I was on graveyards, dealing with gangsters, shootings, and all that, hoping for moments like this kept me going and I don't ever take them for granted.

We closed it out, back in Albuquerque on a Sunday. Since our trailer storage is closed on Sundays, we boon docked at our favorite 'campground.' For you guys who might be traveling in an RV or trailer, Cracker Barrel's across the US are a great place to camp out. And breakfast is guaranteed to be real fine.

And now I'm safely ensconced at my favorite walking distance craft brewery. I found my name on the 'pay it forward' board with 10 beers credited to it, courtesy of our renter over the summer. Happy to be back in the city, and already planning the next adventure. Alaska is on the table, or a Pacific/Atlantic Canada run. Half the fun is thinking about it. Until then, I'll look forward to reading the TR's here to keep me dreaming.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South

Bigguy

Post by Bigguy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:46 pm

Fine summer adventure, Curtis! Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:26 pm

never took you as a quitter, mate.

I mean, what a little meth amongst friends?

spoiler: not enough meth.
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.

fallen513

Post by fallen513 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:50 pm

This is pretty ok.
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:25 am

Thanks for that awesome trip report. It was a nice distraction from the devastation around me. The Drake is not dead!
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

McH

Post by McH » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:08 am

Definite gold star on your summer vacation essay.
:cool
you know what i am a strong fan of..... fishing and not being a douche bag. - alteredstates

For fucks sake, its just fishing...it ain't that cool. - Vito

Who the fuck comes home from fishing EARLY? A guy that whipped deserves to get cheated on.- yard4sale

FredA

Post by FredA » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:18 am

Good lord man. A fine summer indeed.

I wanna be like you when I grow up. :cool

The_Fuk

Post by The_Fuk » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:27 am

Ok, I'll say it you suk

Teh_Fuk
Guy's been here an hour and he's already bustin on the cracked cunt.... I like him.

ncguy

Post by ncguy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:27 am

Reports like this is why the Drake will never die.
I had to learn banjo. TX
Don't let your sheepfucking ruin the best imaginary relationships you're ever gonna have.-Befuddled
Red has enough good karma in storage that he could start an online business selling it to the world's assholes. Rancho Pancho
if the trip kills you, you won't live to regret it. JT

The Wandering Blues

Post by The Wandering Blues » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:19 pm

austrotard wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:26 pm
never took you as a quitter, mate.
I prefer the term "tactical retreat." Seriously, though, life's too damn short and I've got a lot of water to see.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South

Bigguy

Post by Bigguy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:31 pm

Smart man!

mrl0004

Post by mrl0004 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:01 pm

Top shelf, dude. Top shelf.

Oh, and since it's almost that time again, War Eagle!

"Don't ever underestimate the power of a good blue line session with a 1wt. Shit gets settled out on the boulders, things get prioritized. And, in the end, you put something back in the tank..." -wandering blues