Back home

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
striper42

Back home

Post by striper42 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:51 pm

It's a fine thing to go home and the find things that you loved about growing up just as you remember them. Maybe better
We went back to the town I grew up in for a week in August. My mom still lives there in the nearly 300-year-old house that we all grew up in. Spent time with mom, 5 siblings and a small but growing pack of nieces and nephews. Beach, ice cream, crab collecting and sand castles all day long, beers with brothers, sisters, in-laws late into the night. It was great.
"Most irish town in America"
And of course, the fish
My youngest brother, the only one of the three really interested in fishing, and I snuck out a couple mornings before the kids woke up to buzz out the estuary. It's where I caught my first striper, and then a whole bunch more through middle school, high school and when I could, through college and until I moved West.
Happy to report the same fish that used to chase the same bait under the same birds on the same beach are still there. Last 2 hours of dropping tide, like clockwork
Love that dirty water

fatman

Re: Back home

Post by fatman » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:15 pm

damn fine week :smile
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:25 pm

Really nice, those striper are pretty feesh.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:21 am

A pretty fine week. :cool

My buddy's been out at the cape this week, making me miss the stripers. And now you doubled down.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

cantfishforshit.

Post by cantfishforshit. » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:11 am

Good shit, Rick. Looks like a great place to grow up.
“I am a fisherman. The work is simple, as is my life. Still, I take pride in my work because on these waters, I may think, and reason not to."

-Hindu Fisherman

"Do you remember, Odin, when in bygone days we mixed our blood together? You said you would never drink ale unless it were brought to both of us?" -Njal

fly-chucker

Post by fly-chucker » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:14 am

I lime bean town and stripy fish :cool
"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." -CC

"Get off the water you dumb asses…there is a shit storm coming." -Pancho Rancho

"Fucker compared my small stream trout weenie cast to an epileptic with Tourette’s Syndrome." -Carpe Tructa

Spicytuna

Post by Spicytuna » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:54 pm

Right on buddy,

Hope all your travels were safe.

You need to come down here this fall and get some West Coast Stripers to add to your resume.
"In truth you can throw dries and swing flies and still be a loser. That would be an elite loser though.
Rare breed." - MTgrayling

"You guys know the Magic Hour???? Yeah it just happened I was there!!!" DK