Another Sign of Troubling Times

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Bigguy

Another Sign of Troubling Times

Post by Bigguy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:45 am

I am reminded of the old man I met in the early 70's when I was briefly in the oil business in Central Texas, an unwise endeavor for sure. the road to our well ran past the old man's rundown farm house. He had to be in his 90's and one day I asked him why he didn't live in town close to stores and doctors, etc. he said no those city folks are crazy, they shits inside and cooks outside. His words ring truer every day!
http://www.statesman.com/entertainment/ ... o4jUB8QCO/

root wad

Re: Another Sign of Troubling Times

Post by root wad » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:33 am

That was an enjoyable read. Funny how the older I get the smarter my father was.
"A hatchery is what you get 'when you cross a sacred cow with a military base.'" Dr. Bernard Shanks
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

fatman

Post by fatman » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:13 pm

here's to real sausage :smile
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:22 pm

fatman wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:13 pm
here's to real sausage :smile
And 'Meat Juice"
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing