It's Called a Peduncle or Wrist, You Dumb F#*K

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
fallen513

Re: It's Called a Peduncle or Wrist, You Dumb F#*K

Post by fallen513 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:00 pm

Is that a statue of an Indian jerking off a pilgrim?
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?

-G-

Post by -G- » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:59 pm

What's that deer hair, squirrel tail and hackle thingy I thought you said you only fished clousers.

Awesome TR, thanks for typing this one up :cool
Maybe we haven't drank enough Busch- Nolan

Da Ax

Post by Da Ax » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:35 am

fallen513 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:00 pm
Is that a statue of an Indian jerking off a pilgrim?
This is precisely what I thought when I looked at this. Seems like something Raffa would do....
The difference between decency and indecency is opportunity...

One could search their entire lives for the perfect drift, and it would not be a wasted life.

"If I owned this place and Hell, I'd rent this place out and live in Hell." -Toombs

RFA

Post by RFA » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:23 am

-G- wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:59 pm
What's that deer hair, squirrel tail and hackle thingy I thought you said you only fished clousers.

Awesome TR, thanks for typing this one up :cool
The two unique things about this fishery I noticed, is the use of the upside down periscope for spotting salmon subsurface, and the Buzzer BOMBER fly.

The periscope is self explanatory, but the concept of the buzzer BOMBER is interesting. The technique for a visible salmon is to drop the fly on the fish's tail, 3-4 second drift, pick it up, drop it on the fishes dorsal, 3-4 second drift, then drop it on it's nose, 3-4 second drift, then repeat. I had a fish come out of the water as I pulled the fly up to recast once on this trip. If I had let the fly drift for another second, it wold have eaten it, it was both frustrating and exhilarating at the same time. Dry fly fishing for 20+ pound fish.

This may be true in other anadromous species, but this was my first time experiencing it with Atlantic salmon (I caught a steelhead swinging an intruder fly).

To the point about the Indians, look at the little one behind the center subject....it seems to be some sort of colonial bachannal...

Speaking of anadromous, there were streams where sea trout were stacked up by the hundreds. These were closed (Sept 1), but it was amazing seeing 3-4 pound sea run brook trout in a stream no larger than the Poudre. They spend half the year in the ocean, and come up the streams for the winter in August.
Poor picture, I took it using my sunglasses as a polarized filter:
20170905_122615.jpg
20170905_122615.jpg (315.26 KiB) Viewed 286 times
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

Glista

Post by Glista » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:16 am

Very cool! I recognize a lot of those places.
RFA wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:23 am
the use of the upside down periscope for spotting salmon subsurface,
You have to watch yourself with these fuckers. A friend of mine was drinking some beers and good whisky and started playing with one of those things. He was mesmerized by it. When he finally stopped using it, he stood up, got dizzy and barfed his guts out.

Did you use a guide? if so who?

RFA

Post by RFA » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:00 am

Glista wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:16 am
Very cool! I recognize a lot of those places.
RFA wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:23 am
the use of the upside down periscope for spotting salmon subsurface,
You have to watch yourself with these fuckers. A friend of mine was drinking some beers and good whisky and started playing with one of those things. He was mesmerized by it. When he finally stopped using it, he stood up, got dizzy and barfed his guts out.

Did you use a guide? if so who?
Nope, DIY. I had a guy who I work with take me out for a few hours one afternoon to show me the ropes(we both got skunked), but the full day I was out (when I had the take, fight, and a miss) I was solo.
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:10 am

Why do you keep saying buzzer instead of bomber?

It is nice up there, but I'll never go again.

[/single tear]

Did you guys go this year, Glista?

RFA

Post by RFA » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:12 am

'cause it looks like it would buzz like a cicada if it was alive.

Stop correcting me everyone. Let me steep in my ignorance.

Peduncle
Canadiens
Bomber

Christ, bunch of 4th grade teachers on this board....

EDIT:

ASLO - stop making me respond so much, I feel like catfishforshit, responding after every post and whatnot

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:29 am

You should go earlier in the year next time to swing wet flies to fresh, running fish instead of casting the same fly over-and-over at stale fish stacked in a pool.

[/unsolicited advice]

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:36 am

RFA wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:12 am
Let me steep in my ignorance.
The American dream.

Looks like a blast, Raffa.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

Glista

Post by Glista » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:10 pm

Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:10 am
Did you guys go this year, Glista?
Did not! Psycho Timmy is currently banned from Canada and my other Salmon fishing buddies were all doing something else this year. Plus most reports were that the runs were poor this year.

RFA, glad you at least hooked one. that is half the battle. Tell the Grammar Police to go to hell.

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:09 pm

gay marriage is gay.

sorry. I thought that's what youse guys was talking about.
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.