Couple guys and salt

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Mangina

Couple guys and salt

Post by Mangina » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:12 am

So,I got a buddy who is in the industry and an avid angler. Guy travels a ton for work doing tackle shows, seeing shops, etc. We have threatened to get together of fishing trips for about five years. He would throw an invite and I wouldn't be able to make it. I would throw an invite and he wouldn't be able to make it.

We all have- work, family, life. It is damn hard to find a convenient time within our own calendars to get away. Now when you try to arrange a group of friends, you have compounded the problem exponentially times the number of friends you are trying to gather.

Guys here are 40-50s ish and I have seen more and more young people that age get dinged with some bad shit so the time for delaying places to see and fish to throw to should be pressed. Love the guys that say, "when I retire...." Dear lord, I hope I have my life and health at that time. Congrats to you guys who do! Point is make it happen and do it quickly.

Planets lined up and dates were on the books and it looked like this was gonna happen. Three guys who have know each other for 25+years might find themselves on a deck of a boat drinking beer, enjoying life, and maybe just maybe finding a fish to throw to.

Texas coast bound.

All I need (and yes Belize will let you fly back a case of Belikin but make sure you don't have a connecting flight cause at that point it gets to be checked luggage)
ready.jpg
ready.jpg (113.53 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
Water was high, little off color, and we had some clouds here and there. Who cares? We had some beer and found each other mocking one another and laughing most of the time we were together on the boat. Off the boat was some solitary wading.

You could make out some fish here and there
crabred.jpg
crabred.jpg (98.85 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
redfishclouser.jpg
redfishclouser.jpg (100.46 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
Had one wade with my buddy and picked up one or two. He just snickered and enjoyed being involved. Rounded a corner and then it was me snickering. Saw a couple of big fresh muds on a flat and with a little looking, noticed the ball of color and body parts of the cause. Tossing a fly into a herd of mudding reds is like clubbing baby seals. Saw another one and got my bud on over. He was insistent I take the shot. I was insistent he did. We had time to get him into position as they were oblivious to us being there. There's the color. There's the body parts. Fire away bud. He hooked up and I though- a few beers in, good friends, and now a fish to hand. Life is good.

Last wade of the day I found myself all alone dumped of with a hearty, "Get the hell off." and a cold beer thrown my way. I asked my bud for a bottle of water. His response, "What's that look like?" Ha!

Found a heard of tails in the air on some hard sand and grass. Smaller fish which was the case for the day but sight casting opportunities none the less. I slid one out quickly and went back for a second as the group was still intact. The second one scattered them a bit and then it was singles and doubles here and there.
redfishtails.jpg
redfishtails.jpg (85.28 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
redfishtail.jpg
redfishtail.jpg (94.48 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
Great day with friends. Go grab some and enjoy the time.
pelican.jpg
pelican.jpg (82.69 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
Cheers fellas
TMex puts vibrio on his breakfast tacos

Glista

Re: Couple guys and salt

Post by Glista » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:23 am

Very Nice!

root wad

Post by root wad » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:51 am

A good and true reminder of what is important. Think a few of us will do just that today in Skeena Country.
P9120061.jpg
P9120061.jpg (89.16 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
"A hatchery is what you get 'when you cross a sacred cow with a military base.'" Dr. Bernard Shanks
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:35 pm

strong, to quite strong. get up and get out there. I am always confused too when people say stuff like "when I retire....blah blah blah". but I confess I sometimes fall victim to that saying as well.
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:49 pm

Texas has redfish? Well done man.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

McH

Post by McH » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:54 pm

I hear ya brother. I've got a trip in the works that is 6 years overdue.

Great looking trip and congrats on making it happen.
:cool
you know what i am a strong fan of..... fishing and not being a douche bag. - alteredstates

For fucks sake, its just fishing...it ain't that cool. - Vito

Who the fuck comes home from fishing EARLY? A guy that whipped deserves to get cheated on.- yard4sale

fatman

Post by fatman » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:26 am

yup :smile
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

augustwest

Post by augustwest » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:41 am

Mangina wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:12 am
...so the time for delaying places to see and fish to throw to should be pressed.
amen, thanks for the reminder.
good stuff.
"Enjoy every sandwich." -- W. Zevon

The Volfish

Post by The Volfish » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:28 pm

Mangina wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:12 am

crabred.jpg

redfishclouser.jpg

Best flies in the biz!
Do I pay full price for every place I get to fish? Fuck no. - nemo

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:22 pm

Almost missed this. Great stuff. Time waits for no man.

Bigguy

Post by Bigguy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:23 pm

Good stuff!

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:20 pm

saltwater is gay.
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.