NorCal

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Da Ax

NorCal

Post by Da Ax » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:35 am

Anyone heard from Spicy or any of the other peeps in NorCal?
The difference between decency and indecency is opportunity...

One could search their entire lives for the perfect drift, and it would not be a wasted life.

"If I owned this place and Hell, I'd rent this place out and live in Hell." -Toombs

Spicytuna

Re: NorCal

Post by Spicytuna » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:17 pm

All good in my neck of the woods here.

3Jack is the only one I know that is close to a fire and he seems to be OK for now.

Hope these things get put out quick they are terrible right now.
"In truth you can throw dries and swing flies and still be a loser. That would be an elite loser though.
Rare breed." - MTgrayling

"You guys know the Magic Hour???? Yeah it just happened I was there!!!" DK

Kfoxwyo

Post by Kfoxwyo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:45 pm

NorCal- Things here are not so great. Santa Rosa took a hard hit, really hard. Mendo-North of Napa are pretty bad off as well. There is almost zero containment and tomorrows weather is shaping up to be potentially worse than when there were no fires and now there are maybe 18? "Wine Country on Fire" is a pretty sexy headline for the TV but people are suffering and displaced. I am seriously considering relocating even further South tomorrow as there are fires to the North, East and West of Napa. I drove South from Saint Helena with criteria-find diesel and fill up, get to a place where I could send text, eat a meal and then hold up at our Southern Office. "Napa Valley" did not have eletric for a few days, no real cell service, stop lights are out-everything is closed. Jump 24 hours from now and I hope that I am wrong. Spicy, let me know if you need a deck hand this winter!
Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need-a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.
-Jerome K. Jerome, 1889

Spicytuna

Post by Spicytuna » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:57 am

Just got word Old Porch is OK on his farm north of the fires.

Poor Napa like you said is getting tore up bad.

The smoke just filled the valley today and I hope and pray these things go out fast.

As for deckhand... Your hired!
"In truth you can throw dries and swing flies and still be a loser. That would be an elite loser though.
Rare breed." - MTgrayling

"You guys know the Magic Hour???? Yeah it just happened I was there!!!" DK

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:23 am

Had a ton of smoke blow into SW Montana yesterday, presumably from the Cali fires.

After 8 full weeks of smoke, this doesn’t seem so bad considering that people are losing lives and homes. Hope they go out soon, just a terrible fire season that can’t seem to fucking quit.
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream