Regular Season Wrap

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Deerhawk

Regular Season Wrap

Post by Deerhawk » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:17 am

It was the last day of regular season on Tuesday. There are still opp's out there... 2 to 4 hours away, that I can access if I really get jonesed out, but the hood is essentially closed for business for the next 7 months, give or take.
I'm a Trout guy...5 WT, Dry for the most part... but I've been known to keep company with some nymphs now and again. I also don't rule out Angling below the surface. I don't bother much with the "tug of big fish"...I know, I know, I can hear the Steelies and Salmos groan and I shake my head when I see them rolling their marbles.
"What's wrong with him?"
I grew up back East, New England to be exact. I had my fill of Muskies, big Picks, Blues from the jetty in Hyannisport, Buckets that Mom would fry up, baby Tarps in Fla 40+ years ago...and all before it was the "cool thang to do"...nuff said.
I went back and forth as to the "where"... ended up on the Wilson this afternoon for a couple of hours. It was more about getting the fark outta Dodge than trying to land that last slab, it was more about remembering to breathe, to drink in the surroundings, to establish that cornerstone of connection to help get to the end of May.
Some tie to that end, I don't... it's not in my DNA... yet. There was an exceptional Caddis hatch about, but the 25,000 cfs "flood" of 8 days ago scoured everything, cut a ton of new channels, and took 90% of the residents on an all expense paid vacation to Tillamook, from which they have not returned.
Snow levels are dropping in the Cascades as we begin to build a base, I have to dig out the chain box and make room for it in the mutha shit. Clocks go back Sunday... that's all I got

more later...
Attachments
a_3.jpg
a_3.jpg (248.03 KiB) Viewed 1795 times
a_2.jpg
a_2.jpg (292.44 KiB) Viewed 1795 times
a_1.jpg
a_1.jpg (305.21 KiB) Viewed 1795 times
f_1.jpg
f_1.jpg (329.25 KiB) Viewed 1795 times
a_4.jpg
a_4.jpg (300.93 KiB) Viewed 1795 times
a_5.jpg
a_5.jpg (343.27 KiB) Viewed 1795 times
a_6.jpg
a_6.jpg (298.76 KiB) Viewed 1795 times
a_7.jpg
a_7.jpg (292.52 KiB) Viewed 1795 times

yard4sale

Re: Regular Season Wrap

Post by yard4sale » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:09 pm

Veddy nice. Gotta love this time of year.

Besides, its clamming season now! At least it is for me this weekend...
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

The Wandering Blues

Post by The Wandering Blues » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:44 pm

Mighty fine.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South

chadroc

Post by chadroc » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:36 am

i love a last day, and then the following first day when things open back up. touchstones. thanks for sharing this.
holding it down on the other side of the border

421sd

Post by 421sd » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:41 am

Hunting season?🍻

Bobwhite

Post by Bobwhite » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:12 pm

Beautiful... thanks!
"Why in the fuck did I miss this place? It's like missing a raging case of the clap."

"Make it matter, fuckos." jhnnythndr

" Herre jävlar vilka fiskar!!" P-A

"I'm no saint though, nor a judge. Rock that shit good and hard, and on your way out, wipe your dick on the curtains." - Kyner