Coming Soon - Flyfishing Cody Country

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
BigTimber

Re: Coming Soon - Flyfishing Cody Country

Post by BigTimber » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:41 am

LTFI wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:22 pm
Coming spring '18

I haven't settled on a title yet its between "half ass guide to fishing not cody" or "slumming for steel"
Includes
-fly ties that don't work
-roads you won't find
-planning camp meals around fried chicken including various dipping sauces
-breweries that allow you to sleep one off in their parking lot
with many other details omitted! Only for the hugest of fly fishermen.
then at the end, this:
rickroll.jpg
rickroll.jpg (74.16 KiB) Viewed 559 times
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

Lando

Post by Lando » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:34 am

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:06 am

Betting my 11 wt wouldn't do me much good there.
We just had some tiger muskie planted in the local pond....maybe in four years you can break out the 11 wt.
If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:06 pm

LTFI wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:22 pm
Coming spring '18

I haven't settled on a title yet its between "half ass guide to fishing not cody" or "slumming for steel"
Includes
-fly ties that don't work
-roads you won't find
-planning camp meals around fried chicken including various dipping sauces
-breweries that allow you to sleep one off in their parking lot
with many other details omitted! Only for the hugest of fly fishermen.
Can we get an illustrated glossary of the local “fauna” too?
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

Honyuk96

Post by Honyuk96 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:30 pm

Interested. Is this book still available ?

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:42 am

last time a so called good book came out it closed a salmon tying forum.

blacker's life didn't matter.
I can freely burn a bible in the street but watch what happens with this koran...

now someone fucking explain that to me.

parrish2

Post by parrish2 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm

Well, where do I begin? First, I check this thread and my original post is gone. The following responses are full of juvenile anger and profanity. Then I try to login, system has no recollection of my username or password.

So, I had to go to the trouble of creating a new username to post here. Gents, I'm crestfallen here. All I'm trying to do is compile a complete guide to flyfishing the Cody area, instead of a welcome and maybe some encouragement, I'm met with hostility.

So now what do I do? Hunt down some of you internet bullies and give a free life lesson? Send a complaint email to the owners of Drake Magazine? I'm sure that other than the pleasure of blooding the faces of a few keyboard punks, it would remain the same. So, what I'm going to do is: keep working on the book and looking very forward to the opportunity to say fuck you to ya'll when I'm cashing major change at the bank.

Your loss, amigos!

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:24 pm

parrish2 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm
Well, where do I begin? First, I check this thread and my original post is gone. The following responses are full of juvenile anger and profanity. Then I try to login, system has no recollection of my username or password.

So, I had to go to the trouble of creating a new username to post here. Gents, I'm crestfallen here. All I'm trying to do is compile a complete guide to flyfishing the Cody area, instead of a welcome and maybe some encouragement, I'm met with hostility.

So now what do I do? Hunt down some of you internet bullies and give a free life lesson? Send a complaint email to the owners of Drake Magazine? I'm sure that other than the pleasure of blooding the faces of a few keyboard punks, it would remain the same. So, what I'm going to do is: keep working on the book and looking very forward to the opportunity to say fuck you to ya'll when I'm cashing major change at the bank.

Your loss, amigos!

PastorBen

Post by PastorBen » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:59 pm

parrish2 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm

Your loss, amigos!
Hey there

I can understand your concern as to the reception you have received here.
But you are overlooking some seriously egregious errors on your part.

You did not follow proper protocols that are spelled out on the General Discussion page, under the announcement banner, for folks posting for first time. So when you come into our house and ask us to put our hard earned money into your pocket, without a proper intro….we tend to get a little pissy….

You make a veiled threat to contact the owners( plural ) of the “Drake” and seek retribution for your bruised ego. Please look at the Table of Contents page and you will find that individual(single) listed there….

Now if these two errors are an example of your “Due diligence”, then I would find your interviews and research of the Cody area, suspect, at best.

Now if you had stated that you had spent many years( more than 10) fishing and guiding in the Cody area it may have peaked my interest, though I doubt I would purchase said Guide, only because for me “Corp of Discovery” is one of the things I like about fly fishing….I prefer to ask my own questions, and do my own exploring…
I do not, “Skulk”, around the country side when I’m fishin’. That would imply I am trespassing or doing something illegal. If this is how you do business then I find your Ethics gravely lacking…..

Now as to your original post I could see nothing that was offensive in its content other than the Faux Pas listed above, so the Moderators would not have cause to make it disappear. Sooo that only leaves the individual, who posted it, the ability to remove it. If indeed that was you, and now you have returned because you have grown a pair or are bolstered by some liquid courage, You have had your say. If you are just one of those individuals who drifts through here to “kick” the Hornet’s nest, to see what happens, you have had your fun…. In either case please move along.

Grace and peace

Ben
Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.

~ Robert Frost ~

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:59 pm

you just got pwnd by a vicar that now owes $5.

disclaimer: pastor, cardinal, el presidente, whatevs.
I can freely burn a bible in the street but watch what happens with this koran...

now someone fucking explain that to me.

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:10 pm

Dillon has better fishing than Cody. You should write a book about Dillon.
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:35 pm

Clergy vs clergy on the Drake

I have seen it all. And it is Awesome!

Now we just need some Nuns titties.
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

Lando

Post by Lando » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:58 pm

It was 40 on the drink today.....

(No stone left unturned)
313683B2-42AE-4C3E-B795-624DF06E46FB.jpeg
313683B2-42AE-4C3E-B795-624DF06E46FB.jpeg (467.88 KiB) Viewed 125 times
If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe