Iceland, with payment

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
K_P

Iceland, with payment

Post by K_P » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 pm

Seeking intel based on first-hand experience.

Would really like to learn of quality, accessible water that doesn't require a guide. However, quality guide recommendations also gratefully received.

For your troubles:

The Po Thead

Re: Iceland, with payment

Post by The Po Thead » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:49 pm

I heard there’s ice there.
"Fuck life is brutal, and the learning curve hard and unforgiving." - SLSS

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:58 am

pm bork bork, dumas.

edit: and take your wallet.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

stillsteamin

Post by stillsteamin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:36 am

K_P wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 pm
Would really like to learn of quality, accessible water that doesn't require a guide.
The icies have the pay to play system dialed in. Interested to hear if you manage to find anything
I still like to explore new water, but these holes and drifts and slots are like the books and records I have carried around for decades. They are not only places of affection - they are the fabric of my life. - Doug Rose

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:37 am

Who can think about fishing with all that sweet poon tang in the thermal pools?
sweet poon tang.jpg
sweet poon tang.jpg (163.86 KiB) Viewed 2248 times
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:52 am

If you like fishing lakes you can purchase a fishing card that gives you DIY access to 34 lakes through the country for around $80.

These lakes offer fishing for brown trout, sea trout, atlantic salmon, and/or char (both sea run and resident) depending on which you choose so you can focus on whatever you like. Some lakes require reservations, some have sign-ins with the landowner only allowing a certain number of anglers per day, and others you may just who up to fish.

Here is their site with descriptions on the lakes along with pictures and such:

http://veidikortid.is/en/

I have been meaning to go as I really enjoy fishing salmonids in still waters, but something else always comes up.

If you want to fish moving water youre fucked unless you dont mind paying.

Kfoxwyo

Post by Kfoxwyo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:07 am

One of the prettiest places I have ever been, though in winter so no fishing. It is expensive $$$ but if you do not drink you will have plenty of money for pay to play fishing. The women are not as hot as you might imagine. The touristy pools are just like pictured but the ones out of the way are remarkable.

Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need-a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.
-Jerome K. Jerome, 1889

mrl0004

Post by mrl0004 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:04 am

Hey Raz, didn't you go there not long ago?
"Don't ever underestimate the power of a good blue line session with a 1wt. Shit gets settled out on the boulders, things get prioritized. And, in the end, you put something back in the tank..." -wandering blues

RaZ

Post by RaZ » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:21 am

ya. it was cool. went in late Feb so no fishing. wasnt as expensive as everyone said. two of us did all we wanted, plus airfare, hotel, etc for well under what we budgeted for. i think the prices look high on menus etc because there's no decimal in their currently. sammich =23000 or something. when we did the conversion, everything was very reasonable.
don't eat the fermented shark. its terrible. like piss soaked sushi. seriously, dont.
beers were good. food was really good. i thought the chicks were hawt. lots of fly shops around the capital, all but one were friendly. the not friendly one was in the Laugardalur neighborhood. one by the hilton was cool. another down by the harbor was cool. i bought some cool woven nymphs which ive never fished.

sorry, i offer no info on fishing.
"Then let us know how that goes, you smug motherfucker"

RaZ

Post by RaZ » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:23 am

also if you go to blue lagoon or any of the other thermal tourist areas, expect to see lots of euro dong swinging freely in the locker rooms. no shame sort of freely.
"Then let us know how that goes, you smug motherfucker"

Transylwader

Post by Transylwader » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:42 am

KP, from what I recall its almost all syndicated or you have to pay fees etc. When I lived in Engerland, I'd boogie off to Reykjavik for extended (pun) weekends to get poon tang. Not the kind Mr BigTimber shamefully posted (to each their own, mate)
Iffn you need proper info, I can steer you in the direction of a friend who goes regularly (to fish). I am looking into hitting Greenland if you're interested.
If assholes could fly, Raleigh would be a fucking airport - my Mum

-G-

Post by -G- » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:21 am

Kfoxwyo wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:07 am
It is expensive $$$ but if you do not drink you will have plenty of money for pay to play fishing.
Brilliant idea to keep 99% of people on this board away from someplace is tell them they can’t drink there.

Duly noted
Maybe we haven't drank enough Busch- Nolan