Has the sport of Fly Fishing been Punk'd?

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Tojo n Tex

Has the sport of Fly Fishing been Punk'd?

Post by Tojo n Tex » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:03 pm

Every worthless douchebag on the river now. Internet hot spotting. Wicked weed being consumed at all of these Lando Luau's of the world. Boat ramps full of boat trailers. Snot nosed part time fly shop guides (most are illegally guiding) giving attitude to those who didn't need their services. Flyfishing Guru's redesigning and renaming 100 year old fly patterns. Fly slingers aiming for septic bass (carp). Internet experts. Assholes behind the counter at flyshops who really don't want to be there. Poseurs dressed head to foot in Columbia and Simms.

I miss the good ole' days when flyfishermen were real men, not these social media d-bags of today doing their tough talk on the 'net or sticking your chest out to intimidate some yellowstone tourists and trying to claim a river all for yourselves. Your time is coming. You'll soon tire of this sport and go back to golf, whiffle ball or whatever worthless organized sport that you participated in the past

We want our Fly FIshing back and we're coming to get it. We don't want you, we don't need you - we'll talk you when we want you. But don't hold your breath

sarmulminnow

Re: Has the sport of Fly Fishing been Punk'd?

Post by sarmulminnow » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:14 pm

So... you catchin any?
go fish
'are you retired?' no, I work for the county

RFA

Post by RFA » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:47 pm

Tojo n Tex wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:03 pm
Every worthless douchebag on the river now. Internet hot spotting. Wicked weed being consumed at all of these Lando Luau's of the world. Boat ramps full of boat trailers. Snot nosed part time fly shop guides (most are illegally guiding) giving attitude to those who didn't need their services. Flyfishing Guru's redesigning and renaming 100 year old fly patterns. Fly slingers aiming for septic bass (carp). Internet experts. Assholes behind the counter at flyshops who really don't want to be there. Poseurs dressed head to foot in Columbia and Simms.

I miss the good ole' days when flyfishermen were real men, not these social media d-bags of today doing their tough talk on the 'net or sticking your chest out to intimidate some yellowstone tourists and trying to claim a river all for yourselves. Your time is coming. You'll soon tire of this sport and go back to golf, whiffle ball or whatever worthless organized sport that you participated in the past

We want our Fly FIshing back and we're coming to get it. We don't want you, we don't need you - we'll talk you when we want you. But don't hold your breath
It's a shame people fly fished before you did.
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:03 pm

no. mtice talks you.

ask anyone with a box of tissues.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

Post by ... » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:08 pm

Last edited by ... on Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The rest to...do not let anyone know all your business...

fishskibum

Post by fishskibum » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:06 pm

as soon as i gets a spot on the poopfish septic bass masters tour
and win sumthin
im done
probably noodle
straightlinin will git ya
ya know i used to have a hellofa backgammon game
"To get high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else.And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe" -Jerry Garcia

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:09 pm

What’s Instagram?
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

-G-

Post by -G- » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:16 pm

Tojo n Tex wrote:
Don't we already have a river militia?
Maybe we haven't drank enough Busch- Nolan

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:37 am

Tojo n Tex wrote:

You should build a wall.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

Honyuk96

Post by Honyuk96 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:59 am

So tell me what do you think of buffs ?

stillsteamin

Post by stillsteamin » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:04 am

Tojo n Tex wrote:
Boat ramps full of boat trailers.
Sounds like you need to fish some diff rivers, brah. Or like, relax.
They all wanna be Hank Williams
They don't wanna have to die

K_P

Post by K_P » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:13 pm

Tojo n Tex wrote:
I miss the good ole' days when flyfishermen were real men, not these social media d-bags of today doing their tough talk on the 'net
Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I present to you "Exhibit A."