Has the sport of Fly Fishing been Punk'd?

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Glista

Re: Has the sport of Fly Fishing been Punk'd?

Post by Glista » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:52 pm

Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:08 pm
B.M. Barrelcooker wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:10 pm
Usually waits until the laua dates are announced though.
When is the Luau this year, anyway? We haven’t heard anything yet and I was definitely thinking of attending, provided of course chicken-friendly lodging is provided.
MMMMMMM!!! Chicken!

chadroc

Post by chadroc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:51 pm

"in my day i could waltz down to the river in my knickers, tweed jacket, and stupid golfer hat thing. carrying my creel basket, meerschaum pipe, and insanely expensive cane fly rod. in those days, i had the river all to myself. now, there are people there. who beat me to the spot. who see right through me to the asshole core that i have packed in my flesh. they leer at me behind the fly shop counter, and i seethe with rage while with shaky hands i extend the four solid gold pieces i've decided to pay for my hackles and bobbers with. they have the audacity to wear columbia clothing. simms? simms. once a brand i fully supported with my gold coins, besmirching their own good name making bass gear. i am creepy. i come and make a post for some weird reason. i am the new weird guy."
holding it down on the other side of the border

enjoy your catch (it died)

Post by ... » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:33 am

chadroc wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:51 pm
"in my day i could waltz down to the river in my knickers, tweed jacket, and stupid golfer hat thing. carrying my creel basket, meerschaum pipe, and insanely expensive cane fly rod. in those days, i had the river all to myself. now, there are people there. who beat me to the spot. who see right through me to the asshole core that i have packed in my flesh. they leer at me behind the fly shop counter, and i seethe with rage while with shaky hands i extend the four solid gold pieces i've decided to pay for my hackles and bobbers with. they have the audacity to wear columbia clothing. simms? simms. once a brand i fully supported with my gold coins, besmirching their own good name making bass gear. i am creepy. i come and make a post for some weird reason. i am the new weird guy."
Work of Art...
The rest to...do not let anyone know all your business...

Lando

Post by Lando » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Tojo n Tex wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:03 pm
Every worthless douchebag on the river now. Internet hot spotting. Wicked weed being consumed at all of these Lando Luau's of the world. Boat ramps full of boat trailers. Snot nosed part time fly shop guides (most are illegally guiding) giving attitude to those who didn't need their services. Flyfishing Guru's redesigning and renaming 100 year old fly patterns. Fly slingers aiming for septic bass (carp). Internet experts. Assholes behind the counter at flyshops who really don't want to be there. Poseurs dressed head to foot in Columbia and Simms.

I miss the good ole' days when flyfishermen were real men, not these social media d-bags of today doing their tough talk on the 'net or sticking your chest out to intimidate some yellowstone tourists and trying to claim a river all for yourselves. Your time is coming. You'll soon tire of this sport and go back to golf, whiffle ball or whatever worthless organized sport that you participated in the past

We want our Fly FIshing back and we're coming to get it. We don't want you, we don't need you - we'll talk you when we want you. But don't hold your breath
So true. I am going to hit the links tomorrow.
If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:50 pm

Genome wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:06 pm
Tojo n Tex wrote:
Poseurs dressed head to foot in Columbia...
Columbia! Fucking Christ, do I look 45 to you?

I wear columbia all the time.
if you can read between the lines columbia decorate their clothing with swastikas.

yeah. that's reason #786 why I'm better than you.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

fishskibum

Post by fishskibum » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:41 am

am i the only one wondering wtf the mutant ninja rainbow mothera turtle thing
this special snowflake paid someone to draw on his arm is?
and i fished in mees mj 23 jersey this weekend in protest
"To get high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else.And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe" -Jerry Garcia

badnots

Post by badnots » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:01 am

Solid 1st post brah. Really
Totally agree, 100%
The kitchen burned up long ago, so once you get all finished up arranging your faggot handle, er, Man Bun, please feel free to bring more wisdom before the group.

And of course ; tight lines !
...I gave the string a tug like I was rip-starting a lawn mower.I''m still trying to block out what happened next. ala Con

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:25 am

What's your favorite 5 weight ?

fishskibum

Post by fishskibum » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:59 am

Lando wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:35 pm
Tojo n Tex wrote:
Every worthless douchebag on the river now. Internet hot spotting. Wicked weed being consumed at all of these Lando Luau's of the world. Boat ramps full of boat trailers. Snot nosed part time fly shop guides (most are illegally guiding) giving attitude to those who didn't need their services. Flyfishing Guru's redesigning and renaming 100 year old fly patterns. Fly slingers aiming for septic bass (carp). Internet experts. Assholes behind the counter at flyshops who really don't want to be there. Poseurs dressed head to foot in Columbia and Simms.

I miss the good ole' days when flyfishermen were real men, not these social media d-bags of today doing their tough talk on the 'net or sticking your chest out to intimidate some yellowstone tourists and trying to claim a river all for yourselves. Your time is coming. You'll soon tire of this sport and go back to golf, whiffle ball or whatever worthless organized sport that you participated in the past

We want our Fly FIshing back and we're coming to get it. We don't want you, we don't need you - we'll talk you when we want you. But don't hold your breath
So true. I am going to hit the links tomorrow.
pfftttt
"To get high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else.And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe" -Jerry Garcia

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:04 pm

Flava flaaaaaaaaaaav!

Looks like Friday on Ice.
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

TX.

Post by TX. » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:32 pm

That was random.
Which one of you fuckers has a flats skiff in the NC mountains?-southernstrain
Was there also a raft,drift boat,jon boat,and a gheeno in the yard?-Kyle