This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Glad you survived and learned some things.

I hope Lizzie had the time of her life, as dear ol' dad did.

Is my rod still in 4 pieces?

Bon, Tres Bon.
-G- wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:18 am Heero is this your bote? :wink this pic makes me want to varnish your gunnels through my computer screen
Do you have that power? If so, will you use it?

We were approached by an aficionado of Yellowstone Drifter boats at the take out. He asked all about mine (its a 1984) and told me all about his along with who currently has the templates and how to get ahold of them if I need replacements, etc. He recommended sanding followed by boiled linseed oil for the wood. Does this sound reasonable?

PS I hate that I am a boat owner. I feel like some sort of scumbag and scoundrel. Is it wrong to feel this way?
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:31 pm
-G- wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:18 am Heero is this your bote? :wink this pic makes me want to varnish your gunnels through my computer screen

We were approached by an aficionado of Yellowstone Drifter boats at the take out. He asked all about mine (its a 1984) and told me all about his along with who currently has the templates and how to get ahold of them if I need replacements, etc. He recommended sanding followed by boiled linseed oil for the wood. Does this sound reasonable?

PS I hate that I am a boat owner. I feel like some sort of scumbag and scoundrel. Is it wrong to feel this way?
You can do varnish or oil. Varnish would look beautiful, but oil may be easier and more forgiving if you don't maintain it properly.

As for what oil, I'm not an expert. I have heard of people using boiled linseed oil on sailboats. I use "Gunwale Guard" from Harmony on my old canoe rails. They are 22 years old and in great shape. Much of that is from being garage stored and sparingly used unfortunately.

Your drifter would look awesome. Get ready to sand as your trim is in tough shape. G would probably need a paper bag to breathe into if he saw it.

On the other hand, it is a pretty cool boat as-is. Lots of personality. Something cool about old boats.

Lastly, your feelings are reasonable as boat owners are douche bags.
Ruddy Duck wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:29 am Lastly, your feelings are reasonable as boat owners are douche bags.
but you've always got "friends" who want to fish :wink
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote: ↑Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:31 pm
-G- wrote: ↑Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:18 am
Heero is this your bote? :wink this pic makes me want to varnish your gunnels through my computer screen

We were approached by an aficionado of Yellowstone Drifter boats at the take out. He asked all about mine (its a 1984) and told me all about his along with who currently has the templates and how to get ahold of them if I need replacements, etc. He recommended sanding followed by boiled linseed oil for the wood Does this sound reasonable?

Best thing to use is Bob White’s boat butter. The stuff works great!
WTF, Hieronymus

He’s too busy on the run from Sasquatch afte[…]

A Confession

okay, I got a good one. jose, mars and kyle get o[…]

Does anyone want to do a Pike/Muskie swap?

sorry. I thought we were playing nazi tennis.

Friday Cheer Through Pics

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49215484541_[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine