This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By -G-
Yes.

Every time I see the general discussion light up for the next several months I’m going to be hoping it’s this thread that’s updated. Can’t wait for what’s to come. Bet your dreaming of getting it wet already.
By fatman
pretty sweet, croaker

lookin' forward to this one, Ruddy :smile
By Bobwhite
croaker wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:01 pm Looks good so far!
Every time I think about making one, This pops into my head:

http://www.folkstreams.net/film-detail.php?id=188
Love that video, Croaker... a favorite.

Way to go, RD!
By Trucha Del Mar
What HP will this thing be rated for? Top speed?
By Lurgee
Oooooo, this will be so much nicer to fall out of than those other boats I frequent.
By Ruddy Duck
Time for a bump. The next step in the canoe build is to plank the hull.

This step was enjoyable as it went relatively fast and provided instant gratification on a daily basis. The boat took shape rapidly.

The first pair of strips took more time than the others. Screw them up, and the boat will look like crap for eternity.

Once the first pair was in place, the next section wasn't difficult.

As I approached the "bottom" of the hull, things became a little more difficult. Each strip was required to bend and twist dramatically. In a few places, staples wouldn't hold so screws were used. I suspect this is a symptom of the design method I used where the first strip follows the entire contour of the top of the hull. It's personal preference, but I like this look best.

As you transition from vertical to horizontal, the cuts become a bit more complex. Corey came over to lend a hand. I figured being an engineer, he could overthink everything for me for a few hours.

We consumed extremely manly beers as we worked. Beers that would give the Barrelcooker nightmares.

Progress was made.

People are generally fascinated by the build process, with the exception of my family. This is the only family member that will willingly hang out with me in a hot garage in Lowsyanna in August.

As I got closer, two things put the brakes on my build. A hurricane/tropical storm threatened our area. My garage became packed with all of our belongings that did not reside in the home. Additionally, I got busy at work. I was three cedar strips out, and made no progress for a couple weeks.

I purchased this little plane to help shape the stem forms. It didn't really shine in that application. But it was awesome in shaping the last cuts that were at challenging angles.

As with most things in life, the things I believe will be the most difficult turn out manageable.

Fully planked.

Gotta go pull out a thousand staples now......
By Adams
Damn - missed the first installment of this. Coming along nicely. ..
Is the Mad River in the background an explorer? (those are my favorite spork of a canoe hull design).
Winter steelhead fly swap 2019

Bump FFS

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Red Headed Kate McLaren Muddler https://liv[…]

A Confession

That is so funny......his suits are more offensive[…]

whatcha tying?

Fokker...rooibaard

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine