Take a sip

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
yard4sale

Take a sip

Post by yard4sale » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:43 pm

Find yourself a nice shady spot with a view, crack a cold one, take a sip, and soak it all in...

Such a powerful woman in so many ways....
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

Jed

Re: Take a sip

Post by Jed » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:53 pm

She was one of the best. I still listen to Lady Soul on vinyl.

Palometa

Post by Palometa » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:10 pm

Protect WYDAHO fish & game, fence out Utah.

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:45 pm

^^^ She was a complete fucking bad ass, with soul for days...
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:18 am

"... a determined mother with two young boys at 17..."

try 14yrs. and her first at fucking 12yrs.
but sugarcoat shiny shit when it suits, sepps. wha'ev'a youse do don't let me start no stereotyping.

too soon? I give a fuck.
take out tcb.

I give it two weeks before some hokey twat comes out with a song involving aretha and elvis karking it on the same day.
fuck it. one week.
my luck it'll be keith urban.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

LA Fly Guy

Post by LA Fly Guy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:00 am

Truly one of a kind. Her power and soul was unmatched. Another legend gone.
Palometa wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:10 pm
I found it interesting in the "extras" after the Blues Brothers movie that they had trouble filming that scene because of Aretha's improvisational style. She really never sang the same song twice - and couldn't. Naturally it was hard for everyone to keep up with her and if they prerecorded her singing, Aretha's lips didn't match the words coming out of her mouth.

She was truly amazing.
... there are two kind of anglers, sight fishermen and the rest of you. If you don't see it first, it doesn't count. - Long Haired Dave

Bait fishermen and flatlanders that can't catch redfish spend more time fishing for specks - Redchaser

Ginseng Sullivan

Post by Ginseng Sullivan » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:36 am

austrotard wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:18 am
"... a determined mother with two young boys at 17..."

try 14yrs. and her first at fucking 12yrs.
but sugarcoat shiny shit when it suits, sepps. wha'ev'a youse do don't let me start no stereotyping.

too soon? I give a fuck.
take out tcb.
Thank you mister Glasshouse.

If you can't appreciate what she's done just STFU. For once.

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:57 pm

it's not her, trappy.

it's the way you fuckers deliver your flippant glasshouse news. that was the second sentence out of the twat's mouth ("after a successful recording at 14yrs...").

"ohhh... but it was a different time back then..." I hear you serve.
but I've yet to figure out what that actually excuses.
on one hand you'll make excuses that fuel a guilt ridden agenda and with the other hand you'll knock down statues (same glasshouse agenda, hey).
whatever looks good on your fucking televisions.

again, quick maths. there's 320million of you and counting.
if you wanna find another impregnated 12yr old that can sing you don't have to travel too far.
in fact, you probably don't have to go past the end of your street. which is also convenient.

and I'm pleased that she showed you how to be an independent colonial sister.
here's hoping another one of your icons dies tomorrow. maybe it'll be a founding crip. or a tribal chief.

:cool

-mtice

Bobwhite

Post by Bobwhite » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:07 pm

austrotard wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:57 pm
it's not her, trappy.

it's the way you fuckers deliver your flippant glasshouse news. that was the second sentence out of the twat's mouth ("after a successful recording at 14yrs...").

"ohhh... but it was a different time back then..." I hear you serve.
but I've yet to figure out what that actually excuses.
on one hand you'll make excuses that fuel a guilt ridden agenda and with the other hand you'll knock down statues (same glasshouse agenda, hey).
whatever looks good on your fucking televisions.

again, quick maths. there's 320million of you and counting.
if you wanna find another impregnated 12yr old that can sing you don't have to travel too far.
in fact, you probably don't have to go past the end of your street. which is also convenient.

and I'm pleased that she showed you how to be an independent colonial sister.
here's hoping another one of your icons dies tomorrow. maybe it'll be a founding crip. or a tribal chief.

:cool
Whatever...
"Why in the fuck did I miss this place? It's like missing a raging case of the clap."

"Make it matter, fuckos." jhnnythndr

" Herre jävlar vilka fiskar!!" P-A

"I'm no saint though, nor a judge. Rock that shit good and hard, and on your way out, wipe your dick on the curtains." - Kyner

root wad

Post by root wad » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:11 pm

You know Smitch, you have occasionally been a somewhat amusing little twerp but most of the time you just make me really happy I never have to fish with you again. Glad you have obviously determined (once more) that we "sepps" no longer deserve the privilege of your company. Just think, instead of spending all that money on airline tickets you can afford to smoke even more pots. Good choice.
Life is a whole lot more simple when you plow around the stump.
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:24 pm

okay. hands up everybody who knew of britney spears' sister or sarah palin's daughter before they accidentally fell pregnant on the 6 o'clock news.
there's your fucking answer.

take your double standard media, your mtv teen mom celebrations and go fuck yourselves.
I've clearly made my point. if that offends you I don't care.

it's fucked.
the last thing you wanna do is fucking try and defend it, mate. pick your fucking battles.

-mtice

Bobwhite

Post by Bobwhite » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:45 pm

austrotard wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:24 pm
okay. hands up everybody who knew of britney spears' sister or sarah palin's daughter before they accidentally fell pregnant on the 6 o'clock news.
there's your fucking answer.

take your double standard media, your mtv teen mom celebrations and go fuck yourselves.
I've clearly made my point. if that offends you I don't care.

it's fucked.
the last thing you wanna do is fucking try and defend it, mate. pick your fucking battles.
Defend what, Shawn?

Sorry, friend.

Whatever...
"Why in the fuck did I miss this place? It's like missing a raging case of the clap."

"Make it matter, fuckos." jhnnythndr

" Herre jävlar vilka fiskar!!" P-A

"I'm no saint though, nor a judge. Rock that shit good and hard, and on your way out, wipe your dick on the curtains." - Kyner