This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
real nice. I've got to try that water with some 'glass....
Excellent work Bob. Thanks for once again giving us a peak over your shoulder through the process.

How often do you try and make the painting like a photograph vs adding artistic license to add or remove rocks, bushes, trees, etc?
K_P wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:23 pm
Da Ax wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:05 pm Question: did he make any coffee?
I thought the same thing.

Thanks Bob. Pastoral indeed.
No coffee made on stream, fellas.

Our buddy, Mike provided each of us with a Klean Kanteen, which we filled to the brim after breakfast it the local cafe... and of course we refilled after lunch.
Fishwater wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:21 pm Bob + plein air = awesome
Thank you for this.

Question, are you priming those canvases on site?
The masonite panels are pre-primed in the shop below the studio... I make dozens at a time.
LA Fly Guy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:59 am Excellent work Bob. Thanks for once again giving us a peak over your shoulder through the process.

How often do you try and make the painting like a photograph vs adding artistic license to add or remove rocks, bushes, trees, etc?
I kind of just paint what I'm looking at... that said, I'm not a slave to what I'm looking at, be it photographs or the landscape. If something doesn't work, I won't include it just because it's there.
Cows make me happy for some reason.

So does this report. Thanks!
Unfortunately, what's left of my artistic talents have been reduced to moving electrons around in computers the last decade or so. This is inspiring me to accelerate the restoration of an old drafting table I've acquired, so I can start working in tactile media again.

:cool Very nice.

There's fish tautology afoot... Same fish, two nam[…]

ARGENTINA 2020 PART IV

This is the Star Wars of TRs. so look at pa[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Carnage Pink Pookie Mayfly https://live.stat[…]

Looks like you are having good days on the water m[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine