More than a sip

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
yard4sale

More than a sip

Post by yard4sale » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:32 pm

I’m a little uncomfortable starting this since I didn’t serve, but time is slipping and I think John McCain was both a true American hero and such a big part of our countries political history we can’t let this slide by.

I simply can’t imagine somebody doing more in service of their country. After the man spent 5 years in captivity he then decided to spend the remainder of his life serving his country. Being diagnosed with terminal cancer his reaction was to spend every last day doing what he could to serve his constituents.

While I may disagree with his policies (he was 81% conservative d spite what the trumpanzees try to call him) he acted independently for what he felt was best for the people. He championed bipartisanship on issue he knew were in all of our best interest. He was confident yet humble enough to admit his own shortfalls.

Thank you for your service to our country sir.
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

series1

Re: More than a sip

Post by series1 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:21 pm

Well said.

Juan es un pescado

Post by Juan es un pescado » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:23 pm

Sip poured. A man with principles, who never lacked conviction, but was willing to admit when he made mistakes. I also disagreed with many of his positions and decisions over the years, but I always respected him. He seldom had his finger in the air, trying to determine which way the popular opinions of the day should lead him. I always found it incredibly insulting that Mr. Bone Spurs could get away with impugning the record of true war hero, but McCain never took it that seriously. A class act.

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:03 pm

I think of him as a statesman and as someone who through himself and his life experiences, showed empathy and a bit of a soul. He had his special interests and I have mine, and while they often didn't align, I respected the way he communicated and he just seemed humane.
Best memory of him was telling nut jab at prez rally in 2008, "No mam, what you say is wrong. He's not an arab, he's a good and honorable man". Im likely paraphrasing but you can find it online easy. It was just a poignant moment in which he could have gone down the rabbithole, but didn't. Evidently had a great sense of humor as well.
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

speybait

Post by speybait » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:04 pm

All true.
""Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips!"

speybait

Post by speybait » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:08 pm

We have a local radio nutjob here who introduced McCain during a campaign stop. Radio guy kept referring to Obama as Barack "Hussein" Obama to emphasize he thought Obama was a Muslim extremist. Said some other shitty things in that regard. McCain took him to task and disowned him in front of the crowd.
I respected the shit out of that.
""Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips!"

root wad

Post by root wad » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:29 pm

I'm with you Yard. Agree with him or not he well deserves as much respect as that he held for his constituents. The initial response from our fearless leader spoke volumes about both men. It is quite obvious that the name-caller-in-chief knows very well that he will never be viewed as even half the man McCain was and it bruises his all-consuming tender ego.
Life is a whole lot more simple when you plow around the stump.
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

fatman

Post by fatman » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:45 pm

:bow
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

K_P

Post by K_P » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:47 pm

root wad wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:29 pm
I'm with you Yard. Agree with him or not he well deserves as much respect as that he held for his constituents. The initial response from our fearless leader spoke volumes about both men. It is quite obvious that the name-caller-in-chief knows very well that he will never be viewed as even half the man McCain was and it bruises his all-consuming tender ego.
This ^^^^

and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH3WqPV5Qyc

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:24 am

chadroc

Post by chadroc » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:34 am

in politics, it is near impossible to imagine any of them babysitting my kids. this guy was an exception. he was a good person, point blank. and the president's petty abuse of him for the past couple years is an embarrassment.
holding it down on the other side of the border

enjoy your catch (it died)

fishskibum

Post by fishskibum » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:03 am

we didnt really share the sames "fundemental beliefs" of the ass party he repped
buts i gots an ass load ofs

for service
fuck cancer
"To get high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else.And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe" -Jerry Garcia