Connecticut Wilde - The TR

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Transylwader

Connecticut Wilde - The TR

Post by Transylwader » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:51 pm

Work has been a right pain in the dick as of late, so I reached out to Chadroc who had inquired with me a few days ago about possibly visiting him soon.
Last Wednesday, as I am gazing out of my window at the orifice, listening to that irritating alert when emails come through, wondering why the fuck I am not waist deep in a river seeking my quarry, I made an impromptu purchase and declared I would be in RI early Friday morning. Fucking Drakians... :smile

I pulled an all nighter Thursday and was surprised I didn't need any of that magic shit retrads take to stay up. Here goes...
Went out to dinner Thursday night, hit the local arcade. Played this thang till 2AM, got home at 3, packed, in the Lyft by 4, at RDU by 4:30AM, flying by 5...
East coast sunrise
Baltimora
Was greeted by Chadroc at Providence at 9AM with this rank AF cooler. Apparently it was beer o'clock. I guess he remembered my memo on the equally rank AF PBR.
Swung through Providence to scope out ye olde Chadroc stomping grounds. The bloke is savage. Bought like 20 calzones and didn't offer this poor saffa one. :wink
Swung by his place to meet this lil menace.
Hit the local fly shop to get a license, ferloatant and scope out bessie. I would get deported for layeth of the fly line in this petting zoo. It did make my plums get a bluish hue.
And get a good lay of the land for my debaucherous Connecticut tomfoolery the following night.
Pretty sure that ^ killed
^
Already sent back to the Texans to fix.
This little gem was a delight to fish.
It also happens to be the little crick that Chad is trying desperately to draw attention to and prevent those fucking assholes at Loves from building another Interstate gas station. Check out the thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65800
Felt very humbled to get to fish her. Ima do my part to continue to help prevent that bullshit from happening.
It is the second time this year I have wrangled on a stream under a few feet wide. Put's things in perspective. Scab picked and the wound is festering. I'll see more punes leading up to fall, no doubt. :cheer
ImageStarted getting dark in that little holler rather quick, and we made plans to head over to the local drive-in.
Alas, I promptly passed TFO and the rest is history, under that beanie, blanket, jacket and jeans.
The next morning I awoke to find myself in unfamiliar surroundings. I briefly recall where things were and heard a tapping noise. Come to find, it was the intrepid Ms. Mischief spying out some oversized forest rats foraging her humans yard. Her tail was coiled ready to attack. Gotto love the killer instinct of felines. Always ready to pounce shit. Went back to bed.
Then was awoken for good by this.
Was requested to fry em aigs, to which Chad's delightful daughter proclaimed "That's disgusting!" Apparently some kids never grew up in the sand stealing ostrich eggs and getting kicked by Rhino's. Fucking American kids.
Praise be Jah, had that brekkie with a nice cup of hot tea.
Chad likes turtles. Kyner likes dead ones.
Headed deep into the woods to scope out the headwaters of said trickle. It's truly magical, all aspects of it.
Fall showing it's early presence.
Chad was kind enough to take me onto his mates private property deep in the woods.
Reminds me of the Carpathian Montane coniferous forests found in real Transylvania in Romania.
Managed my eleventh state native brook trout in US.
Not impressed
SOBF approved.
Went to try coax one from the local...
Managed a celebratory beer and got lost...
Helped with dinner
Bummed everyone's cigs
And went to the fire accordingly
Next day...
Stopped over at Chad's Ice fishing buddy's awesome ranch. Man, I miss #donkeylife sometimes. Went to bed early and was whisked to the airport at 5AM. Another great trek to a new corner of North America. Fucking Drakians. This place may be dead but the friendships forged over the past several years are not. I always look forward to fishing with y'all. Till the next time.
Chad, thank you for the hospitality. Once again, that fuggin 12 year old managed to have a blast and at the same time, not burn your house to the ground or end up in jail.
Cheers mate! :cool
Next stop? Surf Donkeys!
If assholes could fly, Raleigh would be a fucking airport - my Mum

Bobwhite

Re: Connecticut Wilde - The TR

Post by Bobwhite » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:56 pm

And, goodness abounds!

Too deep to completely fathom or appreciate... thank you.
"Why in the fuck did I miss this place? It's like missing a raging case of the clap."

"Make it matter, fuckos." jhnnythndr

" Herre jävlar vilka fiskar!!" P-A

"I'm no saint though, nor a judge. Rock that shit good and hard, and on your way out, wipe your dick on the curtains." - Kyner

Honyuk96

Post by Honyuk96 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:43 pm

Sweet report, thanks for taking the time

mrl0004

Post by mrl0004 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:48 pm

Man, that Saffa has been getting around lately.

Good stuff, Mike. :cool
"Don't ever underestimate the power of a good blue line session with a 1wt. Shit gets settled out on the boulders, things get prioritized. And, in the end, you put something back in the tank..." -wandering blues

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:01 pm

dude looks like a lady.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

FredA

Post by FredA » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:13 pm

Tranny... makin family everywhere he goes... good stuff guys.

Somma them calzones better make their way back over here some day.

fatman

Post by fatman » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:27 pm

fukkin' Drake :smile
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

Da Ax

Post by Da Ax » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:15 am

Jeebus Tranny, that was epic.
The difference between decency and indecency is opportunity...

One could search their entire lives for the perfect drift, and it would not be a wasted life.

"If I owned this place and Hell, I'd rent this place out and live in Hell." -Toombs

Ruddy Duck

Post by Ruddy Duck » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:05 am

Great stuff Tranny.

And good on ya Chad for playing good host.

LA Fly Guy

Post by LA Fly Guy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:27 am

Good Stuff. All of it. Both of you.

Tranny, that place I told you about still has one blank left if the original Transylwader Special can't be resurrected.

Apparently some kids never grew up in the sand stealing ostrich eggs and getting kicked by Rhino's. Fucking American kids.
^ That explains everything.
... there are two kind of anglers, sight fishermen and the rest of you. If you don't see it first, it doesn't count. - Long Haired Dave

Bait fishermen and flatlanders that can't catch redfish spend more time fishing for specks - Redchaser

chadroc

Post by chadroc » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:15 am

i was gonna name it "watch out, here comes mike" but he beat me to it.

tranny is sorta like a force of nature, and where he goes there is a certain excitement. i was super glad to play host to the man himself. my kids were fired up and my wife was super glad to finally meet him in person. after a few years of 'chortle chortle guffaw guffaw' and then:

what? says she.

you gotta hear what tranny said/did/is gonna do here on (insert social media).

she chortles and guffaws, as well.....says, those online boyfriends of yours.........

so mike blew into town, i scooped him up, we bought a shitload of calzones, we jetted home to my neck of the woods and we went down on my local. the objective was to have fun, with a 2nd prong objective to get a native brook trout. i knew we could get some fish, both wild and holdover, in my local but if they were "true natives" would be indeterminable. as such, i linked up the night before with my boy glen and scoped out the woods adjacent to his incredible land. the brook trout that swim there are nothing but hundred percent pure punes. we drank in glen's driveway through dark. talked about how we were intent on fucking up pikefish together come hardlife season. glen is the ultimate grinder, out on ice every single chance he gets and good hearted as can be. i love this kid, just a super good shit.

glen is a 4th generation farmer, working the same land as his great grandfather, raising beef cattle and the occasional swine. he also works a full time job. i respect glen tremendously, and his wife jenna is just a wonderful person as well.

glen's barn and one of the biggest maple trees you will ever see:

setting in his driveway, with a disgusting bottle of boone's farm that GLEN requested (which i had to go to 3 liquor stores to get):

through darkthirty, as you do. near full moonlight.

back to the next day, after picking up tranny in providence. we decompressed by swilling down some beer and then hit up my local for a bit. i have a lot of fun showing folks around the ruins of an old mill site from colonial days. first he needed a fishing license, and the local flea shop pets were down to play, but we had other plans.......

so we made tracks to the cooler water.

mike instantly busted the transylwader special on the walk down. so i dumped him in an old foundation of a turbine pit with directions to sit and relax and listen to the sound of the brook. i jetted home for his #4 and was back in ten minutes. its nice to live so close to this beautiful brook. i am very lucky and grateful.

properly armed, we got back to the sampling.

if theres a kid better at blue lining than mike, i don't wanna watch them work. he's just a fine stick, even with his backup stick. i learned several tricks watching mike. he fished a brand new to him stream better than i do and i've fished it for 35+ years.

it is more fun for me to watch a friend fish my water than to fish my water myself. i really enjoyed playing the back and watching. we put a dent (hole) in the eighteen pack of modelo before dinner.

we ate some pizza at the local joint, and hit up the drive in. but not before.........

some hick - wouldjalookatthat? who cud be the good man knowin me so well? i LOVE nickleback!

the drive in is really fun, really kitschy, and really deeply ingrained in my memories of the place i live. mike badly needed a nap, the film "christopher robin" provided him a perfect two hour window. matter of fact, everyone but me fell asleep. guess they all needed some z's. since it is august, and only in the mid eighties with only like 90% humidity, his saffa ass felt obligated to wear a seattle supersonics winter hat.

they've gotta nice troth for pissing in. and a wicked floor in the snack bar.

nobody but me was down for the ass end of the double feature (the meg - which would have been sick). we all went home and everybody kept sleeping. i had some giggle twigs and took a hot tub. i had high hopes for glen's woods the next morning.
holding it down on the other side of the border

enjoy your catch (it died)

chadroc

Post by chadroc » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:57 am

day two and three sorta blended into one funky haze. so here they are.

we woke up well rested and immediately fried a shitload of glen's disgustingly good thick cut bacon. we ate like bastards, got on the road for some exploring. there ain't never enough time......

this shit's so god damn good.

looked around on the headwaters of my local. we never made the terminus. we quit at some swampish place and went to a place i figured he could maybe catcha decent brown i have been stalking unsuccessfully. he got bit, but didn't connect.

fuck it, put a bass bug over there. it was a turtle we saw, i think. i hope.

this fucking fish lives behind that fucking rock.

mike gotta few in the local, but more importantly he got some delicious pike baits for me.

since it just wasn't happening.......fuck this place, let's get over glens.

ace ride, company car, doing work.

it didn't take super long until he was on the board with a native fish. it was fitting, and to me a blessing, to see a yearling. naturally, this means there is another generation growing in these waters as has always been and hopefully always will be.

all tomorrows spawning gravel.

all today's mushrooms.

couple steps up he gotta upgrade.

with that accomplished, we had some beer and hit up a grocery store to get food to cook.

we ate like fat men. we had a campfire and some of my local friends came by. it was a nice fun, wayyyyyyy too late night.

woke up sunday morning hurting. wife went to work. that meant tranny and i had to amuse the kids. conveniently, we're kids too so we know whats good.

breakfast, again.

good night. plenty of coals to start that shit up in the morning and burn the dregs.

bowling. laser tag. etc. i beat his ass by 1 pin.

we linked up with my wife and went back over glen's for shits and giggles.

glen picked up one of his own fish. they are lovely.

and we woke up at like 4 somehow on monday morning to get him back to the airport. there ain't never enough time. and the house went quiet again. and the summer is leaving quickly, suck it up while you can. for soon you'll be out on the ice with glen, and wishing for greener grass......perhaps.

thank you for coming up mike, i had so much fun and i can't wait to get back up on some surf donkeys, muskies, or punes. if mike don't want that blank (COREY) i know a guy who could possibly take it off whoever hands its in.

all the best fellas.
holding it down on the other side of the border

enjoy your catch (it died)