This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Its kind've a nice place. The people are nice -- they are basically just unarmed Americans with healthcare.

Here are some things that is has which are nice:

Camps.

IMG_2449.jpg
IMG_2449.jpg (169.61 KiB) Viewed 892 times

Scenes and stuff.

IMG_2450.jpg
IMG_2450.jpg (197.46 KiB) Viewed 892 times
IMG_2451.jpg
IMG_2451.jpg (302.27 KiB) Viewed 892 times
IMG_2460.jpg
IMG_2460.jpg (334.51 KiB) Viewed 892 times

Fishes.

IMG_2452.jpg
IMG_2452.jpg (238.8 KiB) Viewed 892 times
IMG_2453.jpg
IMG_2453.jpg (120.09 KiB) Viewed 892 times
IMG_2454.jpg
IMG_2454.jpg (293.84 KiB) Viewed 892 times

Large rodents (what is the Canadian word for beaver?).

IMG_2455.jpg
IMG_2455.jpg (291.42 KiB) Viewed 892 times

Big Macs (I ate both and felt double horribler than usual).

IMG_2456.jpg
IMG_2456.jpg (176.29 KiB) Viewed 892 times

Billy Corgan.

IMG_2458.jpg
IMG_2458.jpg (115.27 KiB) Viewed 892 times
IMG_2457.jpg
IMG_2457.jpg (197.91 KiB) Viewed 892 times

And Jimmy Chamberline and James Iha. Plus some other stuff (probably, I'm not sure).

The Pumpkins, my favorite band, 'reunited' (minus D'arcy). I had planned to go to the Boise show then spend a few days fishing with a friend person who tolerates my precense there, but they canceled it. The next closest show I could make was in Calgary, so I went there.

A (different) friend person who tolerates my presence was interested in going, as well, so we drove up early Friday morning, set up camp on the Curmudgeon, fished Friday late afternoon and Saturday morning/early afternoon, drove to Calgary for the show, drove back to camp after the show, then drove home this morning. A lot of driving for about 10 hours of fishing time - four hours Friday and six Saturday - and a concert, but totally worth it. Caught a few bull trout (none big), a bunch of cutthroat (some pretty big), and saw a great show.
Last edited by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] on Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
austrotard wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:36 pm they play any zwan?

and have a look at d'arcy now. le barf.
No Zwan. Songs from Gish, Siamese Dream, Mellon Collie, Adore, and Machina, plus some others from those eras and a couple covers. The good stuff, basically. They played 3 hours. Corgan is a total weirdo. Que awkward. Etc. etc. Loved it, tho. Really good show, good energy for a bunch of elderlys.

The other guy, whatever his name is (it's Jeff Shroeder, I looked it up), that wasn't part of the original band has basically been playing with the 'Smashing Pumpkins' and putting up with Corgan's bullshit longer than D'arcy was part of the band at this point.

Chamberline is still a beast on drums. Corgan can still shred.
stillsteamin wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:40 pm Fuck, i love that place. I think they feed those cutts mcstanks. Highest rate of diabeetus of all trout populations.
And yet the bull trout all have giant heads and skinny bodies. Not all, I guess, but a much higher proportion than some other places. Have caught more with huge heads and fat bodies elsewhere. It’s been 10 years or so since I last fished there so was good to go back.
Also, there were WAY more people there fishing than I remember. It is close to major metropolitan area, but the traffic on the river this time was exponentially higher than I remember. Didn’t affect the fishing much, just increased the number of pools had to leap frog before getting to next open spot.
For instance, there is that waterfall pool as you get into the mountains I’m sure you know if you’ve spent time there. Last time I was there, I fished that pool 2 days, one a weekday and one a weekend, and was the first vehicle in the pull out at a not-so-early hour and the only one fishing it all day. This time, there were 3 vehicles in the pull out as I drive by first thing and 6 there on my way back out in the afternoon to go to the concert.
Hitting water near there end of this week (a little further South). We rarely catch as many big Cutties as you, but we do catch a enough decent sized ones and also rarely see any people. Reasonable trade off, me thinks.
markl wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:15 pm Hitting water near there end of this week (a little further South). We rarely catch as many big Cutties as you, but we do catch a enough decent sized ones and also rarely see any people. Reasonable trade off, me thinks.
I really like that one, as well. I would’ve camped there, but it was further drive to the concert so less fishing time.
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:00 pm Also, there were WAY more people there fishing than I remember. It is close to major metropolitan area, but the traffic on the river this time was exponentially higher than I remember. Didn’t affect the fishing much, just increased the number of pools had to leap frog before getting to next open spot.
Just like everywhere else, the innernets have shined a light on the good places and solitude is becoming harder and harder to come by. In my experience the fishing there goes from "good" to "unbelievable" when you get away from the road. Podcasts, IG pics, and destination articles may tell the crowds where to go, but luckily they don't teach anyone how to be a good fisherman, or give them enough of a work ethic to hike a little bit. The number of hosers around the road accesses whipping san juan worms was a little off putting at first, but once I had a beer I noticed all the fish were still there, and eating on top, for the folks who know a little more than just what they've read online.
A Confession

you know as well as I do it'll be a woman. most li[…]

Winter steelhead fly swap 2019

Bump FFS

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Red Headed Kate McLaren Muddler https://liv[…]

whatcha tying?

Fokker...rooibaard

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine