Bing Lempke or Charles Brooks flies

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
fly-chucker

Re: Bing Lempke or Charles Brooks flies

Post by fly-chucker » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:17 pm

Bearkodiak wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:17 pm
Wanted : Bing Lempke or Charles Brooks fly (s) for my small collection with signature card
Kodiak54@verizon.net
I'll tie some up for you, what size?
"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." -CC

"Get off the water you dumb asses…there is a shit storm coming." -Pancho Rancho

"Fucker compared my small stream trout weenie cast to an epileptic with Tourette’s Syndrome." -Carpe Tructa

stillsteamin

Post by stillsteamin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:37 am

I do a really nice married wing "sage 8wt" pattern in sartroose. The trick is a buying white pipe cleaner and coloring it with a sharpie until you get the perfect depth of color. Pre-colored pipe cleaner is for clowns and homosensuals
I still like to explore new water, but these holes and drifts and slots are like the books and records I have carried around for decades. They are not only places of affection - they are the fabric of my life. - Doug Rose

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:57 pm

"honey. I may have fucked up..." he said "start the car."
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

Glista

Post by Glista » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:30 pm

I can Make some signature cards! Who's signature do you want on them?

root wad

Post by root wad » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:30 pm

Glista wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:30 pm
I can Make some signature cards! Who's signature do you want on them?
And I actually have some of Charlie's flies given to me during a long night of Scotch consumption at his house outside of West Y in the early 80's. Stoneflies tied in the round. Perhaps we can join forces and turn a profit. Other than a great dinner first that is about all I remember except not feeling very well on the RR Ranch the next day. Charlie was a singular individual.
Life is a whole lot more simple when you plow around the stump.
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."