This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Junior©
We braved wild country, homeless dudes, cops, and adults on tricycles. It was friggin' brutal - but worth it.

The hike in was a bitch.

The fish cooperated.

Biggest white amur / grass carp to date for me.

New species for the life list - buffalo, aka gaspergou. This guy got air, I shit you not.

GB starting in on a Bait Slam - needed a crab and a piggie perch to complete it.

We were stopped by three of Houston's finest aboard their mountain bikes. They didn't know quite what to make of us, and had to call into headquarters to make sure what we were doing was all legal-like and everything. We got off with having our names taken down. Sadly, they did not want their picture taken with us.

jr
By m.b.
urban angling at it's best. just looking at those pictures makes my feet and ankles hurt.

nice shirt. those fish are pretty cool too.
By No Shit
Now that's some funny stuff right there!

I'm shaking my head about the bicycle cops though--what the fuck? Like there isn't enough real crime in Houston to contend with.

Fun post.

NS
By Junior©
monkey brains wrote:nice shirt.
People kept yelling, "HEY! TOM SELLECK!" I'd look around, but figured they were talking to my buddy. I never did see Tom Selleck out there.

jr
By Junior©
No Shit wrote:I'm shaking my head about the bicycle cops though--what the fuck? Like there isn't enough real crime in Houston to contend with. NS
Hey man, you saw the shirt. Only a hardened criminal would step out in that. Or a dork.

jr
By Plow
Good thing they weren’t the fashion police.

Nice report. Is that last fish a mullet? :cool
By Bruiser
Awesome Junior. Thanks for posting. Don't drink any of that water. bruce h
By epol
Tahiti called, they want their flag back.

Sweet report, so that's what the sky looks like.
By Big Oil
Nice shots Junior...is that I-10 or Allen Parkway going overhead in the first photo? Those are some pretty sweet sewer trout!!
By truteya
Flyfishing is not a crime! nice post, you gotta do what you gotta do, don't the reds bite in winter? Guess it's still a good drive, my parents used to live in h-town.
By Junior©
Plow wrote:Is that last fish a mullet? :cool
It is.
Bruiser wrote:Don't drink any of that water. bruce h
No shit. The body "upstream" hung in the shopping cart gave it an awful smell.
Big Oil wrote:Nice shots Junior...is that I-10 or Allen Parkway going overhead in the first photo?
That would be the new and improved 1-10 East, heading into downtown. That is White Oak Bayou. Oh shit, now I've gone and hotspotted H-town's Carp Shangra La. GPS coords and red shirts to follow. :smile

Edit: Now that I look at it, I think that is the on-ramp to I-10 W from 45 S, or the HOV lane. The lower level is I-10 W.

jr
By Pat
grass carp bite flies? who knew? do you use a weed imitation fly?
Luau 2021

If I’m not on a Caribbean cruise or lake Pow[…]

2021 Smalljaw Swap

I'm sending in a piece of marabou on a toothpick[…]

https://nypost.com/2021/02/13/feds-arrest-man-du[…]

So you want to own a flyshop?

January 4th, 2017 Decided to do something diffe[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine