Adios HW

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
trouthound

Re: Adios HW

Post by trouthound » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:15 am

He was president when I was young and dumb and had zero perspective. I thought he was an “eh” president. But as I grew up I learned how he was truly a servant of the people and country. I voted for him both times, 2nd time cause I felt icky about Clinton. Seemed like very decent guy. I knew about his WW2 story from typical media coverage but really appreaciate his life time of service after I’ve seen some of the coverage this past week.
The lord chooses the good ones...the bad ones choose the lord

Finn Maccumhail

Post by Finn Maccumhail » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:00 am

Very cool story Fishwater.

I had the privilege of meeting President Bush once. I was fly fishing the pond at the Bush Presidential Library and he was walking their dog (not Millie). He stopped to make sure I was using barbless hooks, asked what fly I was throwing, and then made some fly recs and gave me some tips on where to fish the pond, said "good luck" and went on his way.

A very cool experience.

ironman

Post by ironman » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:34 pm

SOBF wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:27 am
28 years and 28 pounds ago I fished with HW.It is a cherished memory.Image
An early MAGA hat. Man, you guys really are ahead of the times up there in no fish land. Decades, really.

Aretha fishes?!?!
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin

ironman

Post by ironman » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:42 pm

Finn Maccumhail wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:00 am
Very cool story Fishwater.

I had the privilege of meeting President Bush once. I was fly fishing the pond at the Bush Presidential Library and he was walking their dog (not Millie). He stopped to make sure I was using barbless hooks, asked what fly I was throwing, and then made some fly recs and gave me some tips on where to fish the pond, said "good luck" and went on his way.

A very cool experience.
Cool encounter.

However, Timber ain’t your neighbor anymore, and nobody gives a Fuk.
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin

mitch aka 2 fish
Location: a big sincere thank you to all of you who still participate, I'm still here, every single day.

Post by mitch aka 2 fish » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:06 pm

ironman wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:34 pm

Aretha fishes?!?!
I reckon she could bring in a few crabs nowadays.
hey! everyone entitled owns a right opinion, buddy.

K_P

Post by K_P » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:50 pm

A buddy of mine was fishing a stream near Kennebunkport some years ago (despite the fact that there are no fish in Maine) when some secret service guys approached him and told him he would have to leave.

My friend works for a living, and his time on the water was too rare as it was. He argued, telling them that he was licensed, was abiding by the law, and that they had no business telling him where he could and could not fish.

About that time, a boat that included GHWB among the occupants came round the bend. Seeing and correctly assessing the situation, Mr. Bush told the secret servicemen "Leave him alone! Anybody can see the man is fishing and isn't a threat to national security!"

The security detail headed downstream. As he passed my friend, Mr. Bush asked if he was having any luck and what they might be biting on. Classy move.

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:46 am

SOBF wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:27 am
28 years and 28 pounds ago I fished with HW.It is a cherished memory.Image
And that picture is ever so slightly in SOBF mode....
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:47 am

dude, easy there ironman. shack nasties already?

back on topic.....RIP HW.
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

woolly bugger

Post by woolly bugger » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:43 am

respect
Buy Mexico Returns

ex "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"
me "There's a season???"

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan