Luau 2019

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
fishskibum

Re: Luau 2019

Post by fishskibum » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:54 am

sarmulminnow wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:16 am
Luau tease
spoiler alert, a girl showed up

bored...
B9E29577-3183-4C33-AA37-4167D11C8896.jpeg

Til she got on the river

566757A8-1FA3-489C-94A4-717BEC7BFB66.jpeg

B0D71504-7F53-4842-B83F-C0E58CEDE571.jpeg

Thanks for taking us along in the mothership!
dude rowing abidements one of me life skills
I like to employ mur so for non financial gains
wwjjagodd

and gunwale to gunwale girls always welcome
not to sure bout the night before I think braincells got sacrificed
5 star vodka bramble and zuke boat apps
the inability to crank out 20 minute entrees or even put our order in the time a competent foodservice team should need for such and raw bugers not so much win
and i think there were mhlf's and hagen didnt git up for company that wasn't, that night
woke up to another gourgie day
the crew ran our shuttles and bucked camp so we could stick a few
moved the party to landos after they gots hungoverhagen on his jet
and well yeah there were sammies and a boat floating beverage choices
put in tailwater like with jose up front in the moship and saul and fidget god in the lando ship
endoured a bit of weather
cleared up and floated on
safty whistle blew and wando hand modeled hagens gloves
pretty sure lou dog told everyone to fuck off
and got in on the goddy mayhem
I think this one may have gotten into the safety stash
floated on down some sweet river miles

lips were ripped
comunication devices ended upon the river bottom
mur good god stuffs
floated by dwellings of og locals

not sure if he changes the name back to west camp and moves the luau to there what would happen but
i make it a point to attempt attendance where and whatevars it is
jose comtemplates redoing his back deck
poundkeyhobospicestyley
floated on in the fading light to the takeout
and back to the casadelando
and moosh friendsImage

where above average chez jose whipped up sum bluecheese burger pots pies things that were delicious and i dont even like blue cheese

and the bestest homemade midnight meatloaf ive ever had
tbc...
"To get high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else.And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe" -Jerry Garcia

Ajax

Post by Ajax » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:23 am

Average Joe wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:09 am
Nobody reads this shit anyway.
I do, religiously. And I weep bitter tears.
I believe in rules. Sure I do. If there weren't any rules, how could you break them?
-Leo Durocher

Ruddy Duck

Post by Ruddy Duck » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:37 pm

Ajax wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:23 am
Average Joe wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:09 am
Nobody reads this shit anyway.
I do, religiously. And I weep bitter tears.
X2

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:48 pm

I took but one picture:
IMG_1553_3.JPG
IMG_1553_3.JPG (229.76 KiB) Viewed 578 times
Lando kept us all very busy, "mend that shit here", "set the hook there", "unfuck your flies". Barely had time enuff to drink a beer or smoke a cigarette. There was also shuttles to run, wood to gather, beer and ice to buy....and watch melt, food to eat, camp to make and camp to clean, spey casts to cast, trailers to hook up, shits to take, playing frisbee and stick with Louie, horseshoes to play with Hagen, videos of Hagen's wife's tits, and so on. Really quite exhausting.
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:41 pm

Timber's photo brings to mind something Hagen said during this trip.

"The first time I came out here I thought, 'How could anyone live in such a desolate place?' But now that I look around, it's actually not that bad."

Anyway.

Sorry for the delay.

I've had things to deal with.

Chauncey is dead.

My wife is getting a new pup that I'll need to sort out come Labor Day weekend.

And the Old Man cracked his spine while in my care, and is undergoing surgery while I type this.

Enough of that.

Back to our story.

The next day FSB and sarmulminnow went for an early morning float while Lando, Timber and I cleaned up camp.

Lando hooked Ian’s trailer up to the back of his truck, and then someone took Hagen shopping for a hairbrush and a bottle of “No More Tangles” hair spray.

I didn’t even know such a product existed.

Afterwards Lando, Hagen, Timber and I all met back at Lando’s place.

Hagen kept complaining that his hair had turned into dreadlocks, so he used the entire bottle of detangling spray and then took a shower.

We said our good-byes, and then Timber took Hagen to a bar and burger joint before dropping him off at the airport.

Lando and I dropped the trailer off at Ian’s place and interrupted him while he was trying to teach his wife how to cast a fly rod.

Upon seeing this I had but one thought:

“If there was ever someone who needed some Average Life Coach advice right about now…”

By the time we got back to camp, FSB and sarmulminnow had finished their float and were packing up their stuff, and once camp was more or less the way we found it, we went back to Lando’s place.
1.JPG
1.JPG (211.76 KiB) Viewed 529 times
Sheldon had some trouble with Louie’s dog door.
2.JPG
2.JPG (145.23 KiB) Viewed 529 times
That afternoon we put in at a spot popular with the rafters.
3.JPG
3.JPG (191.59 KiB) Viewed 529 times
4.JPG
4.JPG (219.14 KiB) Viewed 529 times
5.JPG
5.JPG (358.76 KiB) Viewed 529 times
Lando found a local to run our shuttle for $20 and a case of beer that Hagen left behind.

Everyone was feeling festive...
6.JPG
6.JPG (238.71 KiB) Viewed 529 times
7.JPG
7.JPG (243.17 KiB) Viewed 529 times
8.JPG
8.JPG (301.32 KiB) Viewed 529 times
… but I’ll admit that at this point, I was beat. That being said, FSB had agreed to row my sorry-ass down this river, and so even though all I really wanted to do was take a nap, I rigged up and told myself to fish as hard as I could.

The USS FishSkiBum, in all of her glory.
9.JPG
9.JPG (200.69 KiB) Viewed 529 times
Our mascot, Sheldon.

Must have been 4:20 when this photo was taken.
10.JPG
10.JPG (241.66 KiB) Viewed 529 times
One of FSB’s fly boxes.
11.JPG
11.JPG (170.83 KiB) Viewed 529 times
And the captain himself.

I love this guy.

(No homo.)

He’s one of the most caring, honest, and generous souls I’ve ever met.
12.JPG
12.JPG (207 KiB) Viewed 529 times
Before we got started Lando turned to me and said, “It’s going to rain. Take this jacket.”

“I’ll be fine.”

“Take it.”

“OK.”

I soon discovered why this river is so popular with the rafters...
13.JPG
13.JPG (146.42 KiB) Viewed 529 times
14.JPG
14.JPG (166.4 KiB) Viewed 529 times
… and once it started raining I was grateful that Lando had lent me his jacket.

With the rain came the bugs, and with the bugs came rising fish.

I cut off my nymph rig and tied on two dry flies, but by the time I finished smearing them with floatant, the rain had stopped.

And then the bugs stopped popping.

And the fish stopped rising.

I was tired, and so I said to myself, “Fuck it. I’m just going to fish this until I break it off.”

At some point someone blew a saf-tee whistle, so we all pulled over for a meeting.
15.JPG
15.JPG (249.31 KiB) Viewed 529 times
FSB tried to jump from his boat to the bank, and in doing so sacrificed his phone and eyeglasses to the river gods.

He rowed his ass off until well after dark wearing his prescription sunglasses, and then found his eyeglasses at the takeout.

Unfortunately he had no such luck with the phone.

He was bummed about it, but put it into perspective by saying, “I’d rather lose a phone than my dog.”

Then he grabbed his rod, swung a streamer, and stuck a fish.
16.JPG
16.JPG (198.88 KiB) Viewed 529 times
We floated some more and then stopped for another meeting, at which point Lando turned to me and said, “Are you happy with what you’ve got on, or do you want to catch fish?”

“I’m OK.”

He said, “Give me that rod,” re-rigged it, and made a cast.

Boom

Fish on.

He handed me the rod and said, “There should be one right there.”

I made the cast.

Nothing.

It’s not the arrow.

We continued our float, and I managed to hook a small brown not much bigger than this one.
17.JPG
17.JPG (234.18 KiB) Viewed 529 times
It was the only fish I landed that afternoon, but it made FSB happy, and that made me happy.

We passed a fair amount of desolation on our way to the take out.
18.JPG
18.JPG (194.21 KiB) Viewed 529 times
Afterwards we stopped for groceries.

And drive-in margaritas.
19.JPG
19.JPG (161.88 KiB) Viewed 529 times
That night I made blue cheese hamburger muffins, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and gravy.

The previous evening I’d discovered that sarmulminnow had worked for years as a chef, and I was somewhat concerned that he’d find my culinary skills lacking. If that was the case he proved himself to be a true gentleman and kept it to himself.

I hope to wrap this up by the end of the week.

mitch aka 2 fish
Location: a big sincere thank you to all of you who still participate, I'm still here, every single day.

Post by mitch aka 2 fish » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:13 am

sorry to hear about maggio, mate.
if there's a dog heaven (which there isn't) he's driving someone around the bend (which he isn't).
hopefully this little bit of innernet horseshit makes you feel better (which it won't).

and stop making out youse all went away for like three fucking weeks or some shit.
hey! everyone entitled owns a right opinion, buddy.

fishskibum

Post by fishskibum » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:13 am

ifin i didn't no's better youd swears I was a adhd laden stoner slob softy
but you know
give the mrs. a 8 second chaperoning the rainbow bridge journies is the shitiest part of the unconditional luvs dealio hug from hr puppystuffs and I
and next year ifin the new furkid wants to luau well take 3 weeks and drive out to gits ya
and 3 months to do the tr
"To get high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else.And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe" -Jerry Garcia

Lando

Post by Lando » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:20 am

If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

fishskibum

Post by fishskibum » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:42 am

heres a few k words worth
i forgets how the thc ladened drivein smoothies tied the holes culinary experiance togather
i hopes her tootsies better

ImageImageImage

poundkeypolarizationmatters
poundkeyproductplacement
#sendfreeswag2fsb

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:26 pm

The next morning sarluminnow noticed that his dog was suffering from a foot injury, so he packed up his belongings and we bid him farewell and safe travels.

Lando had talked about doing a walk and wade all week, and now that there were only three of us left it seemed an opportune time to make the attempt.

Unfortunately I only had one wading boot in my possession, having lost the other back in June.

More info about that here for those who care.

http://www.drakemag.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 3&start=48

We led FSB to the local Verizon store so he could purchase a new phone and then headed to the shop.

We still had a cooler full of cheap beer, so we loaded up the shop fridge with all of the Natty Light, Coors Light, and Bud tall boys that Hagen somehow didn’t drink.

After that I approached the proprietor and said, “I need some felt -bottomed wet wading boots. Size ten.”

“We don’t carry felt.”

“OK. What do you recommend?”

Lando then interjected with, “Well, since you seem to have trouble tying your shoelaces, I’d recommend these.”
1.JPG
1.JPG (245.33 KiB) Viewed 364 times
“Fine. I’ll take them.”

The proprietor then screwed a bunch of bling into the soles and said, “Trust me. These are better than felt.”
2.JPG
2.JPG (210.89 KiB) Viewed 364 times
FSB joined us at the shop, and we decided to go in search of the roller that had disengaged from Lando's trailer earlier in the trip.
3.JPG
3.JPG (177.37 KiB) Viewed 364 times
Along the way we stopped at this lake and had meatloaf sandwiches while Sheldon and Louie did some swimming, and then continued on our journey.
4.JPG
4.JPG (255.32 KiB) Viewed 364 times
Afterwards Lando gave FSB directions to a good spot where he could throw streamers while we went hunting for the roller.

The roller wasn’t where Lando thought he’d lost it, but he found it just the same.
5.JPG
5.JPG (415.53 KiB) Viewed 364 times
We caught up with FSB and then despaired at the desolation surrounding us while we waited for Heero.
6.JPG
6.JPG (216.97 KiB) Viewed 364 times
7.JPG
7.JPG (193.18 KiB) Viewed 364 times
8.JPG
8.JPG (235.88 KiB) Viewed 364 times
9.JPG
9.JPG (171.18 KiB) Viewed 364 times
Heero never showed.

FSB really wanted to spend another day with us but he had other commitments, so we caravanned to a spot near the Montana border where even I could catch a fish if I so desired.
10.JPG
10.JPG (165.27 KiB) Viewed 364 times
11.JPG
11.JPG (181.37 KiB) Viewed 364 times
12.JPG
12.JPG (167.17 KiB) Viewed 364 times
Lando said, “We need to see if those new boots work,” so he took me to a river full of mossy rocks and I waded in.

I didn’t fall down, which is good, but I also contaminated the boots with a communicable fish disease.

Not so good.

FSB knew better than to get wet.
13.JPG
13.JPG (199.19 KiB) Viewed 364 times
After a bit of casting practice we said goodbye to FSB and Sheldon and made a promise to see them again sooner rather than later.

Once we were in the truck I said to Lando, “It’s getting late, so I can either join you on a walk and wade, or I can make pizza.”

“What do you want to do?”

“Make pizza.”

We headed back to town and stopped at a grocery store.

I still had the new boots on when I entered the store, and as I walked the aisles the noise of the studs making contact with the floor made it sound like a high-heeled hooker was pushing the cart.

We got back to the house, Ian came over, margaritas were made, and that night we dined on Thai chicken pizza, Chicago deep dish, and Ian's favorite dessert: angel-pussy-drippings-something-or-other.
14.JPG
14.JPG (120.59 KiB) Viewed 364 times
15.JPG
15.JPG (150.78 KiB) Viewed 364 times
16.JPG
16.JPG (147.3 KiB) Viewed 364 times
I had a (*) Caesar salad in the fridge, but nobody wanted it.

The next morning I packed up my shit and then Lando and I had some breakfast and went to the shop.

The shop was packed.

Mostly with customers, but also with a couple of characters sprawled on the couch enjoying Natty Lights for breakfast.

Lando then took me to the airport, and we vowed to do it again next year.

Side Note From Debbie Downer:

Before I left for the luau my wife’s dog stopped eating.

Never a good sign.

My wife brought him to the local animal hospital while I was away.

The diagnosis was cancer, and he was suffering.

I arrived home Tuesday evening, and the next day we took the dog back to the animal hospital and paid a vet to kill him.

He had a good life - better than most of the people on this planet - and that's really the best I can do for any animal I take into my home.

I’ll end this with some random photos of Louie and Hagen.
17.JPG
17.JPG (171.85 KiB) Viewed 364 times
18.JPG
18.JPG (256.48 KiB) Viewed 364 times
19.JPG
19.JPG (157.3 KiB) Viewed 364 times
20.JPG
20.JPG (224.18 KiB) Viewed 364 times
21.JPG
21.JPG (226 KiB) Viewed 364 times
22.JPG
22.JPG (189.89 KiB) Viewed 364 times
23.JPG
23.JPG (236.68 KiB) Viewed 364 times
Many thanks to Lando for hosting, and to FSB for rowing, and to Louie for playing Frisbee with me, and to Sheldon for not breaking my shit, and to Hagen for being Hagen and picking up the tab just about every place we went.

If Lando agrees to host this again next year, do your best to make it out.

Cheers boys.

fatman

Post by fatman » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:32 pm

:smile
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

Lando

Post by Lando » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:06 pm

Next year’s dates are:

July 23-26th.

Get your tickets early and they are a lot cheaper.

Oh, and Hagen wants to play “What’s Whiter??”

His ass or Joe’s legs.
If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe