8 Years later: The Tree (conclusion on page 4)

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
pink squirrel

Re: 8 Years later: The Tree (conclusion on page 4)

Post by pink squirrel » Fri May 17, 2019 2:13 pm

K_P wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:35 pm
[/blank stare]
KP, well done on finding the bridge! What an epic tale. You mustn't tell anyone where that tree is, but come back in the winter for the steelhead.

One more pic
Attachments
IMG_0418.JPG
IMG_0418.JPG (316.55 KiB) Viewed 428 times

K_P

Post by K_P » Fri May 17, 2019 10:51 pm

pink squirrel wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:13 pm

KP, well done on finding the bridge! What an epic tale. You mustn't tell anyone where that tree is, but come back in the winter for the steelhead.

pink squirrel

Post by pink squirrel » Sat May 18, 2019 11:28 am

Just lurking... Call me when they make a movie about this :cool
K_P wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:51 pm
pink squirrel wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:13 pm

Streamer

Post by Streamer » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:22 am

Just when I thought there was nothing to come back to.
Thanks, Kelly. And congratulations on finding at least two trees.

Yer Pal,
Streamer
"Because I was born in the South, I am a Southerner. If I had been born in the North, or the West, or the Central Plains, I would be just a human being." - Clyde Edgerton

Tragedy and comedy in fishing are practically synonomous.It depends on who is doing and who is looking.

peetso

Re: 8 Years later: The Tree (Part I-IV)

Post by peetso » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:41 am

stillsteamin wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:31 am
K_P wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:08 pm
Some of my friends felt that it had been nothing short of rude for the original poster to not share with me the location of The Tree.
To be honest, I don't think anybody owes anyone the location of such a thing. Too much is given away these days. Instant gratification denies people the journey, as you've acknowledged. A simple "no" brought you to the coast, and it brought us all this story. Thank you, and I suppose, PS as well.
I've been thinking about KP's beautiful story and this response for sometime now . . . they are both perfect in every way,

I cringe every time someone asks "Where was this?" I don't want to be rude, I mean its not like I own these places and many aren't secrets at all or anything . . but mostly I just don't want to devalue the place by offering it on a platter. i want them to go and to experience it, sure . . . but you're only getting half the magic, if you aren't doing your own searching.
"Cheer up. You are not on fire." - jhnnythndr

the borealist