Green mountain rod

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
User avatar
fly-chucker
Posts: 943
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:48 pm
Location: Frozen North

Re: Green mountain rod

Post by fly-chucker » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:17 pm

Josh doesn't like you, does he?
"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." -CC

"Get off the water you dumb asses…there is a shit storm coming." -Pancho Rancho

"Fucker compared my small stream trout weenie cast to an epileptic with Tourette’s Syndrome." -Carpe Tructa

User avatar
pbrstreetgang
Posts: 3221
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:57 pm

Re: Green mountain rod

Post by pbrstreetgang » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:31 pm

Josh sounds like a fucking jerk...all Joshes do.
Everybody knows this is nowhere...

User avatar
Average Joe
Posts: 2702
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:04 pm
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Re: Green mountain rod

Post by Average Joe » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:35 pm

Jeff_rito wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:44 am
Hello All,

Happy June!

I'm completely new to this forum. Josh at Gates Lodge (Grayling MI) recommended I try here for help to a personal crisis.

I've been a one rod man my whole life, being the proud owner a a humble 7'9 5 wt. Orvis Green Mountain. I received it for my 12th birthday in '93. This past Saturday evening I lost the top section while floating in a tandem kayak. We went into some brush, you know the rest.

Wondering if anybody out there has a green mountain of this vintage that they are willing to sell? Or better yet, anybody happen to have a broken butt section and a good top?? That part ultimately doesn't matter, but it'd make for a feel good ending.

Much thanks to all!
pm jhnnythndr

User avatar
Kfoxwyo
Posts: 566
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: Green mountain rod

Post by Kfoxwyo » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:06 pm

Butt and looking for a good top...sounds like a Craigs list missed connections sort of inquiry..
Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need-a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.
-Jerome K. Jerome, 1889

User avatar
mitch aka 2 fish
Posts: 1436
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:01 am
Location: a big sincere thank you to all of you who still participate, I'm still here, every single day.

Re: Green mountain rod

Post by mitch aka 2 fish » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:40 pm

Jeff_rito wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:44 am
Hello All,

Happy June!

I'm completely new to this forum. Josh at Gates Lodge (Grayling MI) recommended I try here for help to a personal crisis.

I've been a one rod man my whole life, being the proud owner a a humble 7'9 5 wt. Orvis Green Mountain. I received it for my 12th birthday in '93. This past Saturday evening I lost the top section while floating in a tandem kayak. We went into some brush, you know the rest.

Wondering if anybody out there has a green mountain of this vintage that they are willing to sell? Or better yet, anybody happen to have a broken butt section and a good top?? That part ultimately doesn't matter, but it'd make for a feel good ending.

Much thanks to all!
the so fucking (easy) gayness bits

so now tell me again how your fellow countryman isn't a total social retard.

another question one cannot answer for fear of the 'staring you in your fucking face' truth, hey.

four more years!
too soon? well pour a fucking sip then. twats.
9 out of 10 entomologists fucking well aren't.

User avatar
LTFI
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:47 am

Re: Green mountain rod

Post by LTFI » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:09 pm

fly-chucker wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:17 pm
Josh doesn't like us, does he?

User avatar
-G-
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: Green mountain rod

Post by -G- » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:02 am

mitch aka 2 fish wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:40 pm
Jeff_rito wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:44 am
Hello All,

Happy June!

I'm completely new to this forum. Josh at Gates Lodge (Grayling MI) recommended I try here for help to a personal crisis.

I've been a one rod man my whole life, being the proud owner a a humble 7'9 5 wt. Orvis Green Mountain. I received it for my 12th birthday in '93. This past Saturday evening I lost the top section while floating in a tandem kayak. We went into some brush, you know the rest.

Wondering if anybody out there has a green mountain of this vintage that they are willing to sell? Or better yet, anybody happen to have a broken butt section and a good top?? That part ultimately doesn't matter, but it'd make for a feel good ending.

Much thanks to all!
the so fucking (easy) gayness bits

so now tell me again how your fellow countryman isn't a total social retard.

another question one cannot answer for fear of the 'staring you in your fucking face' truth, hey.

four more years!
too soon? well pour a fucking sip then. twats.

Finally, you’re back to making me spit my coffee out again. Only took you 400 posts of finger diarrhea. :wink :cool
Maybe we haven't drank enough Busch- Nolan

User avatar
Nemo
Posts: 1654
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 1:01 am
Location: The Fort

Re: Green mountain rod

Post by Nemo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:10 pm

Mornin' fellas... (Where it is still mornin'...)

I haven't checked in here for... what? a year? Two years? Whatever, I know none of you fuckstains missed me anyway. But I had to share that I woke up to an email from Jeff, who posted here about his missing rod part: "Please delete my one and only post here... God, I was just looking for help with a problem. What a community..."

I shared with him in my own way that: A) This isn't a "community" it's a cell block. And B) This wouldn't be my first destination of choice if I was looking to solve a problem. If I was looking to GAIN a problem? Definitely. Come here for that.

Hope you all are doing shitty. Do any of you even read the magazine anymore? You DO know there's a magazine, right? I miss the golden days of this place, but I 'preciate you all keeping The Suck afloat. If nothing else, it gives all the podcasters a question to ask me that they never ask anyone else. Mitch, you definitely deserve some dickhead hall of fame trophy, for your longevity if nothing else. (IS there a Dickhead Hall of Fame? There should be. Who'd be in it? Now that's a great campfire-debate starter.)

FYI: We're actually launching a new Drake website here in the near future ("near future" at The Drake always being a relative term, of course), probably later this month. But never fear: This pisshole will remain the same worthless time-and-soul-sucking shitbox it's always been. This place is so old now that it'll probably become cool again, like, to hipsters or something, sorta like vinyl and record players.

Fuck off, all ya'll!!

Tom
"Any mods on this forum or what? It's just a free for all of people being assholes to one another?"

User avatar
Average Joe
Posts: 2702
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:04 pm
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Re: Green mountain rod

Post by Average Joe » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:25 pm

Nemo wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:10 pm
Mornin' fellas... (Where it is still mornin'...)

I haven't checked in here for... what? a year? Two years? Whatever, I know none of you fuckstains missed me anyway. But I had to share that I woke up to an email from Jeff, who posted here about his missing rod part: "Please delete my one and only post here... God, I was just looking for help with a problem. What a community..."

I shared with him in my own way that: A) This isn't a "community" it's a cell block. And B) This wouldn't be my first destination of choice if I was looking to solve a problem. If I was looking to GAIN a problem? Definitely. Come here for that.

Hope you all are doing shitty. Do any of you even read the magazine anymore? You DO know there's a magazine, right? I miss the golden days of this place, but I 'preciate you all keeping The Suck afloat. If nothing else, it gives all the podcasters a question to ask me that they never ask anyone else. Mitch, you definitely deserve some dickhead hall of fame trophy, for your longevity if nothing else. (IS there a Dickhead Hall of Fame? There should be. Who'd be in it? Now that's a great campfire-debate starter.)

FYI: We're actually launching a new Drake website here in the near future ("near future" at The Drake always being a relative term, of course), probably later this month. But never fear: This pisshole will remain the same worthless time-and-soul-sucking shitbox it's always been. This place is so old now that it'll probably become cool again, like, to hipsters or something, sorta like vinyl and record players.

Fuck off, all ya'll!!

Tom
Are you going to make it to the luau this year?

User avatar
LA Fly Guy
Posts: 499
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:40 am
Location: SELA

Re: Green mountain rod

Post by LA Fly Guy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:59 pm

Nemo wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:10 pm
Do any of you even read the magazine anymore? You DO know there's a magazine, right?

Fuck off, all ya'll!!

Tom
Whoa, wait a minute. There's a magazine?
... there are two kind of anglers, sight fishermen and the rest of you. If you don't see it first, it doesn't count. - Long Haired Dave

Bait fishermen and flatlanders that can't catch redfish spend more time fishing for specks - Redchaser

User avatar
Ruddy Duck
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: SE Lowsyanna

Re: Green mountain rod

Post by Ruddy Duck » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:49 pm

Nemo wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:10 pm
But I had to share that I woke up to an email from Jeff, who posted here about his missing rod part:
Jeff was being serious about the missing rod?

If I ever get interviewed on a podcast, I'll probably casually work it into all conversations.

"You were on a podcast? How cool...."

"I'm sorry, did I say 'podcast'? I meant 'podcasts'."

User avatar
Randall Dee
Posts: 3256
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: Cascadia

Re: Green mountain rod

Post by Randall Dee » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:03 pm

Nemo wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:10 pm
Do any of you even read the magazine anymore? You DO know there's a magazine, right?
You should rename it the Tom Bie Journal since you seem to write most of the stuff in it. After my subscription ran out I never renewed it. Like this web site, it just got kind of stale.

Have I missed some really fresh stories about Clyde? :coffee

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], EML, Google [Bot], LA Fly Guy, Majestic-12 [Bot], stratabass and 82 guests