Green mountain rod

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Ruddy Duck

Re: Green mountain rod

Post by Ruddy Duck » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:05 am

BetterthanU wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:50 am
Jesus... do any of you have a life worth living??

Being part of an internet community is about the same thing as walking into a fly shop and thinking you're part of a "elite fraternity" of fisherman... you aren't, you're just a slobbering moron failing you're way through life.

TLDR: nobody gives a shit about what you have to say (directed at pretty much all shitposters)
Being part of an internet community means fishing roughly 15 different solid guys on your skiff from 7 different states.

Being part of an internet community means having a friend row you and your 9 year old kid down the Colorado throwing streamers.

Being part of an internet community means meeting up with local friends on the mountain when a misplaced Lowsyanna family goes skiing.

Being part of an internet community means having people willing to share information when you plan a fishing trip away from your home waters.

It's kinda fun. You should try it.

Somewhere else.

mitch aka 2 fish
Location: a big sincere thank you to all of you who still participate, I'm still here, every single day.

Post by mitch aka 2 fish » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:08 am

I feel I have a life worth living more than anyone else... but hey, that's just me.

and I'm just gonna put it out there... I don't think this fella is a doctor.
hey! everyone entitled owns a right opinion, buddy.

RFA

Post by RFA » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:56 pm

Mitch, you definitely deserve some dickhead hall of fame trophy, for your longevity if nothing else. (IS there a Dickhead Hall of Fame? There should be. Who'd be in it? Now that's a great campfire-debate starter.)
Mitch would get the #2 spot. There just is no topping Tailing Permit, although the guy has a mouth the literal size of an aquarium goldfish.

Also, I think Mitch just types random words into a sentence generator app for 95% of his posts.

Maybe there should be a douchebag sublist to the dickhead one. Benji should get on that one, for flooding Instagram with the same 4 videos 3 times a day. Get a real job, hippy.#Boosted

Maybe I would make the list, but it is highly unlikely. I like to think of myself as the philanthropist of the Drake, donating knowledge and wit across the community.
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

mitch aka 2 fish
Location: a big sincere thank you to all of you who still participate, I'm still here, every single day.

Post by mitch aka 2 fish » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:51 pm

make josh great again.
hey! everyone entitled owns a right opinion, buddy.

stillsteamin

Post by stillsteamin » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:39 am

RFA wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:56 pm
Get a real job, hippy.#Boosted
hippie.PNG
hippie.PNG (14.99 KiB) Viewed 417 times
RFA wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:56 pm
Maybe I would make the list, but it is highly unlikely. I like to think of myself as the philanthropist of the Drake, donating knowledge and wit across the community.
charitydick.jpg
charitydick.jpg (34.17 KiB) Viewed 417 times
I still like to explore new water, but these holes and drifts and slots are like the books and records I have carried around for decades. They are not only places of affection - they are the fabric of my life. - Doug Rose

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:06 pm

Lando wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:38 pm
Average Joe wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:25 pm
Nemo wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:10 pm
Mornin' fellas... (Where it is still mornin'...)

I haven't checked in here for... what? a year? Two years? Whatever, I know none of you fuckstains missed me anyway. But I had to share that I woke up to an email from Jeff, who posted here about his missing rod part: "Please delete my one and only post here... God, I was just looking for help with a problem. What a community..."

I shared with him in my own way that: A) This isn't a "community" it's a cell block. And B) This wouldn't be my first destination of choice if I was looking to solve a problem. If I was looking to GAIN a problem? Definitely. Come here for that.

Hope you all are doing shitty. Do any of you even read the magazine anymore? You DO know there's a magazine, right? I miss the golden days of this place, but I 'preciate you all keeping The Suck afloat. If nothing else, it gives all the podcasters a question to ask me that they never ask anyone else. Mitch, you definitely deserve some dickhead hall of fame trophy, for your longevity if nothing else. (IS there a Dickhead Hall of Fame? There should be. Who'd be in it? Now that's a great campfire-debate starter.)

FYI: We're actually launching a new Drake website here in the near future ("near future" at The Drake always being a relative term, of course), probably later this month. But never fear: This pisshole will remain the same worthless time-and-soul-sucking shitbox it's always been. This place is so old now that it'll probably become cool again, like, to hipsters or something, sorta like vinyl and record players.

Fuck off, all ya'll!!

Tom
Are you going to make it to the luau this year?
He bails every year. Hashtag big time.

And steamin’......I’ll punch you for that TFO comment.
DHHOF member here.
Tom do you need Clyde driven to Minneapolis by chance...?
I know a guy.
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

Fishwater

Post by Fishwater » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:29 pm

Last I heard Clyde was up on blocks way south of the Mason Dixon.
The famous are rarely relevant, the relevant rarely famous.

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:21 am

blumpkin wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:06 pm

DHHOF member here.
I know a guy.
Shotgun !!
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

Lando

Post by Lando » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:17 pm

B.M. Barrelcooker wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:21 am
blumpkin wrote:

DHHOF member here.
I know a guy.
Shotgun !!
:needs_pics
If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

fly-chucker

Post by fly-chucker » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:24 am

B.M. Barrelcooker wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:21 am
blumpkin wrote:

DHHOF member here.
I know a guy.
Shotgun !!
Clyde can stay at my house.
I hate one of my neighbors :wink
"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." -CC

"Get off the water you dumb asses…there is a shit storm coming." -Pancho Rancho

"Fucker compared my small stream trout weenie cast to an epileptic with Tourette’s Syndrome." -Carpe Tructa