This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Gremlin
I've been here (Bay Area) for 4.5 years now. Hardly touched a rod in 4 years, b/c of .... well, that is another topic.

if anyone has any suggestions for wadable waters in about a 2.5 to 4.5 hour drive on North San Jose, please PM me.

I need some sanity. I literally dream of fishing about every night. Dog I miss CO, and Willi.

for your trouble: Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - S.O.B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iAYhQsQhSY

can't remember how to embed, sorry.
By yard4sale
3 hours from north San Jose won’t even get you out of the Bay Area. That’s why I moved to Oregon.

Putah
Lower sac
Lower Yuba

Buy a boat and learn to striper fish the forebay

Surf perch on la selva beach
By Gremlin
mitch aka 2 fish wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:05 pm
Gremlin wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:44 pm Hardly touched a rod in 4 years, b/c of .... well, that is another more innerestin' topic.

Oh, the stories I could tell.....
By Gremlin
yard4sale wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:47 pm
Surf perch on la selva beach
Have you done well on the perch? That is something that I am looking to already. I know of a good spot in Marin, but that's about it.

Would love to have perch ceviche....
By The Wandering Blues
Putah just below Lake Berryessa. A good tailwater. And 4.5 hours could get you into the Sierra foothills.
By flashback
Many years since I lived in the Bay Area, but I used to do a lot of surf casting for stripers on some beaches. What I do remember is using very long surf rods since the sand was very high close by, best guess is now using a double handed rod, with full overhead cast. Not sure if this is still a reality, remember this is the Bay Area.
By flytrap
I'm a mile from the convergence of the Yuba and Feather in case you need a base camp. Fishing has been a bit meh, but not the worst. At least there's a flow. Just a warning about the current striper and the coming salmon goons.
By flytrap
I'm a mile from the convergence of the Yuba and Feather in case you need a base camp. Fishing has been a bit meh, but not the worst. At least there's a flow. Just a warning about the current striper and the coming salmon goons.
By B.M. Barrelcooker
I'd head up around Chico but the google says it 5.5 hours away.
By yard4sale
flashback wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:41 am Many years since I lived in the Bay Area, but I used to do a lot of surf casting for stripers on some beaches. What I do remember is using very long surf rods since the sand was very high close by, best guess is now using a double handed rod, with full overhead cast. Not sure if this is still a reality, remember this is the Bay Area.

Pretty much. The most fun way to fish it is with a 12’ 8-10# rod, a 3/4oz egg weight and a little motor oil grub. If the wind and waves are down a switch rod with mono running line, about 20’ of T25 and any olive or rusty fly you want works well. The edges of the rips will put up numbers of nice fish but they will be right at your feet too. This only works at beaches without structure for obvious reasons.
By Lando
I miss Willi, too.
Roughfish swap (Heero backed out)

Mine are inbound via US post :wink

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Reece’s Surface Assassin (variation) h[…]

it took you that long to come up with this? ni[…]

Few days late, but I'm pouring a sip for ol' Charl[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine