This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Kelly/Curtis,

I'm putting an 8/9 reel (Battenkill Large Arbor) with an 8 wt line on it in the mail today. The line isn't new but it's still got some useable life in it. Sorry for the delay, but I'm just a little slow.
Gents,

I rolled back into town after nine days with my newborn granddaughter.

After all that bliss, I went "Who's Curtis?" :coffee

Oh yeah--CURTIS!

All kidding aside, some boxes and envelopes and promises have arrived. I'll get the inventory up to date in a day or two and bring you all up to speed.

I'm wrapped around a three and a half week old's tiny, beautiful finger...

All the best,

KP
K_P wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:50 pm Gents,

I rolled back into town after nine days with my newborn granddaughter.

After all that bliss, I went "Who's Curtis?" :coffee

Oh yeah--CURTIS!

All kidding aside, some boxes and envelopes and promises have arrived. I'll get the inventory up to date in a day or two and bring you all up to speed.

I'm wrapped around a three and a half week old's tiny, beautiful finger...

All the best,

KP
Can she double haul yet?
Okay gents, so here's the skinny as of tonight (Wednesday, January 29th):

This is a pretty cool development. Curtis is a member of another, smaller fly fishing forum based out of SoCal. He has friends there.

No really. He REALLY has friends. Over there.

Those guys have been pooling some money and they contacted the guy who built Ms. Nona. Turns out, he's got enough of the original wood from Curtis's grandmother's walnut tree that he can build Ms. Nona II. Better yet, he has discounted his price for this project.

They raised most, but not all, of the funds necessary to pay for the (discounted) rebuild. Some of you miscreants have been sending money in my care for Curtis, mostly through PayPal. (Although one of you sent me a hundo, cash, via the USPS. Another guy sent me a check with the payee blank--such trust!)

Anyway, I contacted all of the PayPal guys and they were cool with a percentage of their donation going toward the net and the balance to Curtis to fill in the gaps on his missing gear.

Drum roll: Ms. Nona II is paid for. At this moment, there's a substantial wad of cash accruing, and I'm still awaiting some pledged reels and lines to arrive.

The updated spreadsheet is below. If it's green, it has been received. Pledged but not-yet-received are in yellow. White items have yet to be spoken for.

The most pressing need I can identify is for flies. I have received one nice box of of nymphs, but nothing else as of yet. Trout flies, bass flies, and saltwater flies are all needed!

The last pic is the growing pile of stash. I'd like to get all of this (and what is yet to come) in the mail by February 14th at the latest.

You guys suck.

KP
Last edited by K_P on Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kelly, some salty flies left yesterday VIA UPS. Thanks for heading this up.
Enough

I hope he's in heaven eating a happy enchilada

CarpSpace

Embracing the suk

Anybody home? Want to ask ....

fuck chinese women, jed.

I thought we needed 10, but what do I know? No[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine