This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
well yeah
stories time bishes
Ya either takes the Xmass wongas and plays rec.gov or permits powers that be river lotto or ya hires a outfitter and pay to play by their rules these days.
Powers in numbers and I gots my office pool ducketts in every year for decades
bout mid ski season well in non global pandemic years ya find out if your gittin paid or donated to get played by a system
Youll either git and sends emails texts or a phone calls of winners or losers
never sucks to be on the poundkeywinnersmessages
so my hudgebro who was a bro before the hudgesocialmediainfluencers stuffs
send the scores fores ladores squawfish or brolorado pike minners quest round 2's on
and well fuck might as well tie it all togather with the annual ethopian parental unit dob and family floats
and do er right
nobody else wanted to put in at fonts and row the gorge so my version of what would buzz do gots vetoed
shit plans kept falling apart my crew was stuck in vt fixin a yota to drive home and everyone else I asked to float the 1st non permitted 1/2 had blown the load over labor day had to work or had plans
Its a struggle for me to roll without my god as me copirates and id rather had floated the first 40 sumthins into ladore in the hog insteads of rubbers
We had a resupply day built into the schedule before our ladore launch , but the logistics of the probably 4 hours and 20 minutes with a tailwind and leadfoot one way to swap boats and ditch the god then deadheading back and the spansers eye rollin look at that option was enuffs
I had no idea if my crew would even make it to ladore
I did know I was floating the whole happy quseydillya ehcholadorado comes hell or high waters
well cept the part I got to swim but that like day 7 and I functional stoner em one at a time
so you know loaded up the raft and the plethora of essential and non essentails shits I do the doing of the thing with
and pulled into scorched earth camp greeted the crew I bets there was safty practices adult beverages and a soundtrack of good tunes
slept along side the raft woke boke pooped got our shuttles done and its all starts at a put in
at times it was a hudge, well sum of us only flyfish:fm:, trip
there are rapids to be run
at some point you float into a camp
gear explosion occurs
there are chores to be done
shelter and substance stuffs
sumfukinmores to be consumed
daylight comes

the rituals of consumption, shelters, shits and
well yeah day 2 what cha gonna do
cept puts all the shit back on the floation devices

and git the float back on
you float into another camp
and shit both figuratively and literally gets unloaded
"when the child was a child"
nap time never hurts
daylight wanes and activities of night commence
daylight comes again and the cycle continues
there are signs of the season
casts of piscatorial pursuits to be made
success
failures
there are life skills of river propulsion to be learnt
miles float by you leave a canyon
and float to another take out
it'd been mo betters had I got my add laden ass to the gorge and floated the res for poopers the morning before or the photofuckit could git it act right on
but thanks
in the end a simple unedujumacted gas station attendant and river rat sums er up
the last bad one above me--the Bad Rapid--Lava Cliff--that I had been looking for, nearly a thousand miles--I thought: once past there my reward will begin, but now everything ahead seems kind of empty and I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing. The stars, the cliffs and canyons, the roar of the rapids, the moon, the uncertainty and worry, the relief when through each one the campfires at night, the real respect of the rivermen I met and others.
i can honestly say the blessins of being able to do the doing of such things are probably way more than my underachiever ass deserves, and this ginger bastard stepchild of nemos beloved mag ,filled with joes of mere averages to pros who piss pure excellence to the tweeners, has afforded me more of the good
damn right them kids aint reading about river life theyre livin breathing touching floating it
I can tell you about
https://www.blm.gov/learn/interpretive- ... oric-ranch
but it aint the sames as being there
pretty sure this groms got the river rat thing in the young soul
the trips a blending of young and old and a passing on of a way of life
her parents are salt of the earth river folk
my old mans made a trip and if he listens to my wife and if his stuburn 77 yo peckerhead old man ass quits going shopping
during a global health pandemic for shit that really aint essential, he might not git dead and float another
the god that watched ethopian thing 1 take his first river poops on the otherside of that multi colored bridge
but I got new copirates
Wifes never made one yet
I passed on a bucket list 5 big ones grand canyon trip to luau float, git a new trailer, and doing the thing of this one
her trip was awesome and it isn't coincidence that 5 of the 6 guides were chix on the sticks
and there are peeps here that haz received or will mutherfuckin win bucket list shit notifications
should life as we used to know it in 2024 allow
the jarvie sites a national treasure props to the blm and those who keep such good going

there are signs and lessons of life and death
only on the river will a custy old bum of river travel read you mr jarvies words of potential widoms
likewise touch a tombstone
there are stops for substances of sustainment
this day held a religious ceremony of merit
im stoked to have a godson
and I wish the best for all them groms may the flowing waters of rivers be an essential part of their lives be it in piscatorial pursuits or just soul cleansing
The return of Stolen Hours

Almost caught up with the backward time travel... […]

whatcha tying?

I’m working on a little gift for the lady...[…]

Rock curry

That could be our final destination on the Tour […]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Yellow Owl Muddler https://live.staticflickr[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine