This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Redchaser
flashback wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:33 am Beautiful!
Thanks for the note on cypress mulch.
Good spare writing.
Funny, when I was writing it and the word counter clicked over 900 I thought "this is too long, nobody's going to read this crap"
By fly-chucker
Now that's how it's done. :Roll Eyes
By Carpcrusha
Changing my name to humble pie in bama. Thanks for checking my ego, and showing how to make a good post. Lesson learned, don’t mess with redchaser.(I know you weren’t even thinking about me when you crushed this one)
By Obie
Nice work Red, glad to see everyone's doing well. Like 421 said we've all but lost our half-million acres of cypress to cotton in what was one of the biggest "reclamation" projects ever undertaken.

It's good seeing special places protected.

Thanks.
By Redchaser
Obie wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:59 am Nice work Red, glad to see everyone's doing well. Like 421 said we've all but lost our half-million acres of cypress to cotton in what was one of the biggest "reclamation" projects ever undertaken.

It's good seeing special places protected.

Thanks.
While the logging has stopped, other dangers to the basin lurk. In the greatest of irony, here in Louisiana where one of our most pressing issues is the coastal portion of the state washing away, the Basin is filling in. Hydrological changes caused by pipeline canals that haven't been properly maintained, combined with increased flow of sediment coming into the Atchafalaya from the Mississippi is turning areas that were historically open water and true swamp into high ground. This is also posing danger to communities that were once somewhat protected from flooding by the "catch basin" effect of the Atchafalaya basin, now seeing regular flooding. Sometimes people really suck.

And Ruddy, I think that boogie man is called the Rouga Rou.
By fatman
fukkin' Drake. strong work, Red :smile
By TidewateR
did anyone else read this in Red’s radio voice?

just me?

Beautiful use of time with your daughter, Red, contributing to what my dad and I - like many others - called “the good old days”. Time that is gone in the blink of the eye, but stored in a little treasure box forever.
By TX.
Nice work Ron. Glad you guys are safe and well.
The return of Stolen Hours

Almost caught up with the backward time travel... […]

whatcha tying?

I’m working on a little gift for the lady...[…]

Rock curry

That could be our final destination on the Tour […]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Yellow Owl Muddler https://live.staticflickr[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine