This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Jacknasty
My daughter will be a year old in a week or so. i went through the cool stage for a while. I was bragging my ass off about how I can do whatever I want. Then I stayed at the bass pond a little too late one evening when I was supposed to take her to dinner. All hell broke loose and I have been treading on thin ice ever since.

I still go fishing though. Like RFA said, don't budge on your favorite hobby and she'll get used to it eventually.

Godspeed
By SOBF
Having been married 22 years I agree that you have to break them in properly. We got back from our honeymoon and I took off for a week of Steelheading. She knew what she was getting when she said "I do".
By shunned
I'm a marriage noob (9yrs) but I buy what I like and go fishing when I want to, here's why: (lists are needed)

1. I don't spunk cash on anything else, it's my main aim
2. I'm not out most nights anymore, rather come home to miss aka 2 fish
3. I'm fairly successful with it; still get the humble skunk, mind
4. I'm much happier after skiving off for a few days and a fish
5. I'm on a pretty good wicket, bills are paid, she wants for nothing
6. She was 21 when we clamped and I've got 6yrs on her so... pretty much been doing what I like for the last 11yrs
7. I don't take the piss, she get's plenty of notice
8. I never ask. This is crucial.
"Would it be okay if I.../The fellas and I were thinking..." that's just yoko ono gay.

anyway, nice rod mate. I'm after a 7wt next year straddling an Abel, she won't say a word.
Hearing this all i have to say is i had such a fucked up childhood when i was 7 my parents wanted to split and for the next ten years they threw fists over the money. At one point they had the longest battle in Chicago I know now that i have no one to look up to on raising kids and for that i will never have any of my own. Salmon when i was 13 my father and i started to split i was mad into fly fishing and skipping family dinners to fish at dusk for bass but at least when i got home one night to tell dad that i broke my only rod on a big fish he said we need to hit the fly shop and get a new one. Great pics on a family outing that i never had. :cool
This place is turning into sap central. My parent's fought for the first 10 years of my life; until they finally went their separate ways. They would beat the crap out of each other. They even had a bloody skirmish on x-mas day in '66. You can't let that kinda' of crap hold you back. Salmo, nice rod. I've got a Z-axis 9'5#, but I keep leaning towards my old Scott's.
By RFA
[quote="Crick Addict"]This place is turning into sap central.

Dude, you're fucking on. Laughed again.

I hope my posts weren't misconstrued as being sappy. I was just warning the marriage/kid noobs of the storm clouds on the horizon. I think that it's fun to complain, but shit, I have a lot of high end shit for my hobbies and do make it out AT LEAST once a week, not even counting the pond 1/4 mile from my house. I also pound about 40 beers a week without getting shit for doing it, the wife is pretty cool.

Speaking of 40 beers, I think that I attempted to drink them all last night.....my head hurts. :cool
By Highsticken
Welcome to the lemming club . Nice report .
By Ajax
Good luck with your new rod! Gotta love those family trips to the toy store.

Traded some cane for a new rod a few years back, and sent out birth announcements along with the pic below. My bride was not amused when she started getting phone calls. After nearly 32 years of suffering my silly shit, you'd think she'd know the drill.

By RFA
Ajax wrote:Good luck with your new rod! Gotta love those family trips to the toy store.

Traded some cane for a new rod a few years back, and sent out birth announcements along with the pic below. My bride was not amused when she started getting phone calls. After nearly 32 years of suffering my silly shit, you'd think she'd know the drill.

Rio Selective Trout line?
By Veetch
Salmo,
Nice report...I hope you like the rod! I got one last year and I think its a great stick, but like Crick Addict I find myself leaning towards my old standby XP. I might take the dive here when I finish clinicals and drop the question, so I'm taking notes on all of this.
By RFA
Veetch wrote:Salmo,
Nice report...I hope you like the rod! I got one last year and I think its a great stick, but like Crick Addict I find myself leaning towards my old standby XP. I might take the dive here when I finish clinicals and drop the question, so I'm taking notes on all of this.
Don't do it. Run away...as fast as you can.
A Confession

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc

The return of Stolen Hours

1-22-2020 - 2 Between five or six doctors&rsq[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Hare’s Ear Hedgehog https://live.stati[…]

Fu@#&^# Drake

the photofuckit assholes are holding my shit hosta[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine