SaltSpace

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Wholetmygoatsout

Re: SaltSpace

Post by Wholetmygoatsout » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:02 am

That pic should go straight to the things that piss me off .... only cause it wasn't me mind. Nice shot.
"..I made my living on here drawing dicks for the last 4+ years". RFA

"Sometimes you are the dog, sometimes you are the tree". Mario Gotze

Bears Fan

Post by Bears Fan » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:56 am

Great shot Josh!
"Some days you win, some you lose, and some get rained out." - Outcast

overbrook

Post by overbrook » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:34 pm

He forgot to tell you it did'nt make it to the boat.....he's still a fucker though! :wink
"Enjoy these times before you get married and ruin your life." Fat Tire

"this place is full of very sweet, nice, kind gentlemen. You will like them, just don't sit on their laps." Vaku

I like everybody up here.
If I go down there... that's gonna change. I'm here for the fishin'... Fallen513

The Volfish

Post by The Volfish » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:25 pm

Despite the cold temps we powered through after sunset and found some fish along an island's lee shore.
Do I pay full price for every place I get to fish? Fuck no. - nemo

redfin89

Post by redfin89 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:29 am

The Volfish wrote:Image

Despite the cold temps we powered through after sunset and found some fish along an island's lee shore.
Very chilly in the cHill that night.....

southernstrain

Post by southernstrain » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:50 am

Looks much nicer and fishier than when I was up in December!

Pell-Mell

Post by Pell-Mell » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:41 am

After taking care of a bunch of stuff that had eaten away all my spare time I made it out to the marsh to knock the rust off. Plenty of schoolies around. With clear sailing ahead of me I'll be getting out regularly now.

TidewateR

Post by TidewateR » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:48 am

[report]I miss this thread

Image[/report]

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:53 am

TidewateR wrote:I miss this thread

You know you might be in Louisiana if........ Just got mine out of the shop getting the results of that kind of activity taken care of.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

The Volfish

Post by The Volfish » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:25 am

Its been a while. The lagoon continues to produce, despite what seems to be another summer of "the bloom". The net effect has been reduced viz, but it effects the fish as well, so some close quarters eats have been going down & that's been fun.

As usual, the backcountry, out of the way places have been filled with happy fish, so effort is rewarded & trolling motor pussies are a distant distraction.

For those of you interested in local history; the namesake of JB's Fish Camp, John Adam “JB” Bollman III, passed earlier this summer after a bout with cancer. For now it seems the restaurant will remain in operation for some time to come. There had been worries that it would fall and be replaced with condos.

*no san juan worms were harmed in the making of this report.
Do I pay full price for every place I get to fish? Fuck no. - nemo

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:52 am

The Volfish wrote:Its been a while. The lagoon continues to produce, despite what seems to be another summer of "the bloom". The net effect has been reduced viz, but it effects the fish as well, so some close quarters eats have been going down & that's been fun.

As usual, the backcountry, out of the way places have been filled with happy fish, so effort is rewarded & trolling motor pussies are a distant distraction.

For those of you interested in local history; the namesake of JB's Fish Camp, John Adam “JB” Bollman III, passed earlier this summer after a bout with cancer. For now it seems the restaurant will remain in operation for some time to come. There had been worries that it would fall and be replaced with condos.

*no san juan worms were harmed in the making of this report.
Nice,

There are some flats I have been fishing for a very long time that have gotten popular in the last few years. Now there are almost always boats on it when I arrive, but they too are trolling motor pussies. This weekend Lurgee and I simply pushed into the shallower back water off of the flat, where trolling motors can't go, and found our fish in grassy ponds with gin clear water. Back at the launch at the end of the day, One of the trolling motor pussies was complaining that he had only caught 2 fish "because once the wind got up he couldn't see them". I'm glad he doesn't know what he's missing. What's also funny is that there will always be a poling skiff on the flat, complete with poling platform and push pole secured to the gunwale of the boat, but the operators using the trolling motor instead. This weekend it was a Mitzi skiff, sometimes it's a Maverick or a Hells Bay, I still can't figure out why someone would buy a $40,000 poling skiff if all they are going to do is fish off of the T.M.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

Long Haired Dave

Post by Long Haired Dave » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:46 am

Redchaser wrote: This weekend it was a Mitzi skiff, sometimes it's a Maverick or a Hells Bay, I still can't figure out why someone would buy a $40,000 poling skiff if all they are going to do is fish off of the T.M.
Or use it as a jon boat to get to a flat and then get out and wade
My best efforts at casting looked like a retard skipping rope.

--Redchaser