This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
I think I killed one on Saturday, Little fucker jumped when I was removing the fly with my forceps and I ended up giving him a tracheotemy. Hell I guess the Ospreys gotta eat too.
Attachments:
blood waders.jpg
blood waders.jpg (3.13 KiB) Viewed 710 times
HFD, obviously without c&r our fisheries would be wiped out. And doing it properly is extremely important so if i come across as not giving a shit about proper c&r that's my mistake. I'm just hypersensitive to the judgmental attitude that is so prevalent in our sport so i got on a soapbox. Sorry for the revisionist history and not properly judging the size of Lenny's scrotum. But you didn't speak to my other point: since you fish the henry's fork you have obviously played large trout on light tippet, yes? and I'm sure you've netted a few of those fish and removed some slime. If this is not true please let me know.
Brookwookie wrote:You know who hated azaleas? Hitler. Why do you love Hitler, HFD?
A + 0.437/garden hose = anchovy pizza
RedFeatherAngler wrote:
I hate to split hairs here, but wouldn't the correct metaphor be having an enormous, saggy nutsack? The lectures would have to go that much higher for a tiny scrotum. I would guess that Lenny has a 80 year old man nutsack, something like a pillowcase with two mandarin oranges in it.
I think I might be able to create a position for you in my organization. Interested? We need detail men like yourself.
truteya wrote:HFD, obviously without c&r our fisheries would be wiped out. And doing it properly is extremely important so if i come across as not giving a shit about proper c&r that's my mistake. I'm just hypersensitive to the judgmental attitude that is so prevalent in our sport so i got on a soapbox. Sorry for the revisionist history and not properly judging the size of Lenny's scrotum. But you didn't speak to my other point: since you fish the henry's fork you have obviously played large trout on light tippet, yes? and I'm sure you've netted a few of those fish and removed some slime. If this is not true please let me know.
Been fishing the HF every season coming on ten this year, pretty much only the ranch. So yes, big fish, light tippet. I net them with a wet mesh net and keep them in the water at all times. The fish on average are too big to handle purely with your hands and most veterans on the ranch use nets. I'm able to play them quickly even on light tippet. Have they all survived? Well they have all swam away. After that it's anyone's guess but I make every effort to reduce the risk of mortality. The only way to absolutely reduce risk is to not fish at all, but I'm pretty sure we all agree that's not an option. But I'll be fuckin' goddamned if someone thinks beaching a fish or putting them in the grass is good practice or even necessary, except to get a snap shot to show friends. And that really is the point of my disagreement. It doesn't compare to using nets, light tippet, and the like. That's part of the sport. Beaching fish for a kodak moment is about ego, that's all.
By SLSS
There is some really funny shit on this thread - I was thinking Mr. Discharge had it wrapped up with any number of witty rejoinders, untiI Red Feather dropped, "Lenny has a 80 year old man nutsack, something like a pillowcase with two mandarin oranges in it".

Everybody fucks up sometime.
Attachments:
Floppy.jpg
Floppy.jpg (61.29 KiB) Viewed 663 times
SLSS wrote:Everybody fucks up sometime.

No shit dood. A blue shirt? Sweet jeebus.....

I cannae believe you cunts let me back in. wanna […]

Continue Sir, this is all good🤜🤜

mini jammer

tsk. maaan... I thought this was about peebs. […]

Western Snowpack 2020

Our snowpack was at .5 inch this morning in the Oz[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine