FFM selling out to Beaver and Co....

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
TroutDirt

Re: FFM selling out to Beaver and Co....

Post by TroutDirt » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:45 pm

AaronOtto wrote:So what if I'm gay -- what are you gonna do about it, beat me up? Fucking closet cases...

nllaeder

Post by nllaeder » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:11 pm

Jamespio wrote:
CharlieJenkem wrote: If that makes me a douchbag and a leech in your eyes, I guess that's something I'll just have to learn to live with...
Charlie, I've never said an angler has to be involved in TU to be a sportsman.

See, but that's what we're all reading. You know why? That's because you actually said it. You've also challenged everyone who has had anything negative to say about TU by saying, "What are YOU doing for the resource?" As if we have to have our credentials vetted by some anonymous douchebag on the interwebs.

TU has lost touch. I was part of a Nature Conservancy/TU day on a killer stretch of a great river that is owned by TNC, and closed to fishing. At least, that's what the public is lead to believe. When you get there, you're split into groups of two anglers to one TU member "guide". We got down to the river, and the guide told us that he'd been fishing this stretch of river every weekend for a couple of years. Turns out, they aren't trying to protect it as much as they're trying to protect it from everyone else. Fuck that.

And as for credentials, I'm an engineer, and I worked for several years (pro bono) while in grad school on a watershed improvement project that covered over ten miles of the stream where the last Michigan greyling was reported. Fuck you and your credentials.
"...you''d have a scratch-tagging heroin hooker giving hummers and running an illegal craps game while roosters fought pitbulls in the toilet bowl" Mark Driver

jerome

Post by jerome » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:27 pm

AaronOtto wrote:
Fuck TU, fuck NASCAR, and fuck NAMBLA, too.

But leave James Pio out of it, he's a good writer.
hey now..... Nambla supposedly does alot of good things for little boys.

like the outreach or is it the reach around program ... :coffee
"Being tossed from The Drake for excessive assholery is a bit like being thrown out of the Rolling Stones for profligate abuse of drugs and booze." - Ajax

nllaeder

Post by nllaeder » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:29 pm

AaronOtto wrote:Naedler, you said it much better than I -- as a writer -- ever could. Thank you for your concise summary of what can only be called complete, utter bullshit.

Fuck TU, fuck NASCAR, and fuck NAMBLA, too.

But leave James Pio out of it, he's a good writer.
This guy's like that guide joke. You know how to tell who's a guide? No need, they'll tell you within the first twelve words they say.
"...you''d have a scratch-tagging heroin hooker giving hummers and running an illegal craps game while roosters fought pitbulls in the toilet bowl" Mark Driver

Kinni

Post by Kinni » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:15 pm

so many things in this thread have been taken out of context.

Jamespio

Post by Jamespio » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:20 pm

bye
Last edited by Jamespio on Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elmagneto

Post by elmagneto » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:43 pm

Kinnickinick wrote:so many things in this thread have been taken out of context.
Aside from the glaringly obvious, what else has been taken out of context? Stuff like;
Donny Beav sucks - OK sure
Whore guides? - Yup...
Private water? - Really sucks
TU accepting donations from organizations that promote Private, Pay To Play water? - Hmmm, check...
TU Haters - A bunch of em

Seems to me, it's all there...

Missing anything?

Kinni

Post by Kinni » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:53 pm

elmagneto wrote:
Kinnickinick wrote:so many things in this thread have been taken out of context.
Aside from the glaringly obvious, what else has been taken out of context? Stuff like;
Whore guides? - Yup...
TU accepting donations from organizations that promote Private, Pay To Play water? - Hmmm, check...

Missing anything?
yeah. the problem is folks respond to a post without understanding how/why that post was made and what it was responding to. nobody reads the whole thing anymore. they take bits and pieces so they can make some jackass statement to sound hardcore. poser bullshit if you ask me.

elmagneto

Post by elmagneto » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:46 pm

Kinnickinick wrote:
elmagneto wrote:
Whore guides? - Yup...

Missing anything?
yeah. the problem is folks respond to a post without understanding how/why that post was made and what it was responding to. nobody reads the whole thing anymore. they take bits and pieces so they can make some jackass statement to sound hardcore. poser bullshit if you ask me.
If there were any winking emo-ticons here, I would have used one to let you know that I was adding a little sarcasm, but there isn't so - Don't give yourself a heart attack over 10 pages of malarkey there Kickinindanads

InTheDrift

Post by InTheDrift » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:01 pm

I had a good laugh when I saw this. Donny Beaver's head steelhead guide in the new issue, in an article that mentions Spring Ridge Club and their stealing public access in the same breath. Hopefully the Summer issue will have a centerfold of Lefty and the Becks gill-fucking stocker rainbows.

Page 96 for those playing along at home. What the fuck is the world coming to?
Attachments
IMAG0890.jpg
Nice mustache...
IMAG0890.jpg (250.05 KiB) Viewed 448 times

D-nymph

Post by D-nymph » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:33 pm

InTheDrift wrote:I had a good laugh when I saw this. Donny Beaver's head steelhead guide in the new issue, in an article that mentions Spring Ridge Club and their stealing public access in the same breath. Hopefully the Summer issue will have a centerfold of Lefty and the Becks gill-fucking stocker rainbows.

Page 96 for those playing along at home. What the fuck is the world coming to?
I know, it's a bit fucked up, eh?

I wonder if The Drake was offered a free trip with that particular guide for the magazine? If so, did they even know who they were fishing with?

Tom Bie should probably start editing his editor.

Not only Beaver's head guide, but the one who was his point of contact to even get that water leased in the first place. Not to mention that some of it being private now prevents fishermen from accessing water that would be open since you can't cross the property without tresspassing.
"The devil's pourin drinks and his daughter needs a ride" - III

Yard Sale

Post by Yard Sale » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:48 pm

I was a bit thrown off y how casually N.Emo mentioned throwing down $50 to get access. Kinda weak sauce....
[quote="locogringo"]I used to wear those Skagit shorts but they were too loose and sometimes would expose my d loop and my perry poke would fall out.[/]