fancy marketing terminology

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
2Hi2Fish

Re: fancy marketing terminology

Post by 2Hi2Fish » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:44 am

steeped in
This R Bad

burgerthumb

Post by burgerthumb » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:04 pm

leveraged
"...when it's your favorite stream, at some point...ya just gotta stand in front of the bulldozers." -Deerhawk

The Cape Fear Kid

Post by The Cape Fear Kid » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:18 pm

proprietary
"The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sage thicket. "Vámonos, amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintcraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight. "

chuffer

Post by chuffer » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:21 pm

RevolutionaryThe product of decades of research to make the best even better.
For me, I don''t mind a Korean...fish pole, but I sure as shit ain''t paying $700 for it, even if Harvard grads wove it from actual pieces of the space shuttle and hand-affixed flux-capacitor guides. ~ burgerthumb

Pat

Post by Pat » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:31 pm

walking across the pasture, after a day on the hunt for the weary and often mythical brook trout. he held is rod low, the loose line swaying from side to side with every step he took. it had been a long day but a successful one. moving further and further way from the stream that he loved so dearly, he watched a hawk drift across the sky effortlessly as though the hands of god was pushing him along. a common sight, but a magnificent one nonetheless. he took another puff of the fine hand rolled cigar he had been smoking since calling it a day on the edges of the river giving no thought to the talented hands that had tolled it thousands of miles away.continuing his walk, and following the hawk with his eyes, taking what would be his biggest misstep of the day, he felt the strange, but familiar feeling of one of the leavings from one of the cows nearby. yes, he had steeped in it.

<small>[ December 04, 2007, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Meat.On.A.Stick ]</small>
Well, I've got a colour telly, and a fridge. I've got some pork chops in the fridge, but the chops keep going off, so I have to keep buying more.

-Syd Barrett.

RT

Post by RT » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:36 pm

steeped is another one for my quiver. one must always have a loaded quiver.n (i guess it isn't really fancy, but I chuckled when I heard in relation to multiple strategies)

<small>[ December 04, 2007, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: RT ]</small>

burgerthumb

Post by burgerthumb » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:43 pm

articulated
"...when it's your favorite stream, at some point...ya just gotta stand in front of the bulldozers." -Deerhawk

Nemo

Post by Nemo » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:47 pm

with mountains LOOMING, where wildlife ABOUNDS, and your 9-million-dollar, Orvis-endorsed, Cabela's marketed, Big Sky Journal-listed ranch sits NESTLED, riverside, among the evergreens.
"Any mods on this forum or what? It's just a free for all of people being assholes to one another?"

Smithhammer

Post by Smithhammer » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:09 pm

Unprecedented.Traditional.Technologically advanced. Unequalled sensitivity.Best ___ ever made.Trout Bum.
"I expect more from the man who gave us all boobies and pie..." - epon

Buster Wants to Fish

Mouthful of Feathers

chuffer

Post by chuffer » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:20 pm

I think a new banner ad for the Drake on the Drake will need to be pulled from this thread. Something like:The Drake - A revolutionary and unprecedented approach to fishing literature. Steeped in the tradition of the past, yet grounded in the world of the world of the modern, technologically advanced trout bum. The Drake looms over your newsstand with unparalleled excitement and unequaled sensitivity. Simply put, the best magazine ever made. The Drake, for those who fish. Sort of.

<small>[ December 04, 2007, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: chuffer ]</small>
For me, I don''t mind a Korean...fish pole, but I sure as shit ain''t paying $700 for it, even if Harvard grads wove it from actual pieces of the space shuttle and hand-affixed flux-capacitor guides. ~ burgerthumb

BigGaTrout

Post by BigGaTrout » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:25 pm

BOSE !
Some people fish all their lives without realizing its not just about the fish.

Geezer

Post by Geezer » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:25 pm

Where only the toughest survive. When only the best will do.
And thus I clothe my naked villainy With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.

For the record, I don't hate anyone here. I just think that some of you may have had your soft spot pushed on when you were infants. Heero