This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By woolly bugger
sweet baby jesus, dat'suh mighty fine bunch o' wack, ah hate ya all, just cuz ah didn't git ta jet, I double muh ma fuckin efforts next tyme an' be dere if possible. all ye damn hood ratz..
By troutphisher
Really nice colors on the fish! I goda make it west one day.
By RFA
fags. I recognize every single inch of where you Southerners invaded my turf, even the tire blowout....about a mile from the turnoff into the canyon. You passed very close to my house to get those sandwiches as well.

I caught 1 little grayling today, which was good considering I brought the 8.5 month preggo wife and 4 year old....4 year old was chucking rocks in the water in front of me the whole time. I fished the reservoir across the street from your pics....so we could "picnic" (excuse for me to go fishing without guilt). Grayling are incredibly easy some days, others they are ghosts, you won't even see them....looks like you guys hit it on a good day.

Looks like you guys had fun. Hit me up next year. I will have a Drake BBQ in my new guest house that Truteya and I spent 6 hours drywalling yesterday.

Oh yeah...coloration? Colorful Colorado!

You all prolly know this already, but diet affects a fishes coloration as much as anything. The browns in the North Fork are more silver, some up in the lakes by me are grey and white....I would guess diet. The browns in the Poudre are beautiful.

Here's one from only about 4 miles as the crow flies from where you camped, totally different:
steel brown.JPG
steel brown.JPG (87.13 KiB) Viewed 3037 times
And another from the same area, notice that it's a lot lighter than the browns on the Poudre:
White Brown.jpg
White Brown.jpg (80.56 KiB) Viewed 3029 times
Sorry, not a hijack, I just get excited when people post about my area...
By West Chester
woolly bugger wrote:sweet baby jesus, dat'suh mighty fine bunch o' wack, ah hate ya all, just cuz ah didn't git ta jet, I double muh ma fuckin efforts next tyme an' be dere if possible. all ye damn hood ratz..
Dude your from North Carolina not the ghetto... straighten up a bit.

Mighty nice looking trip and some good food as well.
By Bobwhite
Great post...

I wish I could have joined you.

Rain check!
By shutupandfish
Nice, Grant. It was good hanging out at Ansel Watrous. I got to who's who that bastard. His name is lodged in my head now and it's starting to bother me.

Wikeed. Now I can move on with my life...

AW was a U.S. newspaper editor and historian. A long time resident of Fort Collins, Colorado, he is noted for History of Larimer County, Colorado, published in 1911 as the first comprehensive published history of Larimer County, Colorado. A Forest Service campground in the Poudre Canyon in the Roosevelt National Forest northwest of Fort Collins is named for him.
By Hoover
thats the home waters...i missed them.

Was back over the same week, after a couple of days on the Madison, came back to the Fort, and decided to go fishing once or twice near the house, figured the Poudre would be pretty thrashy due to runoff, so we hit the Big T. Looks like I was right.

Looks like the bake was a good time!
The return of Stolen Hours

July 9, 2020 #29 $101/6 = $16.83 Gas $2.09 […]

whatcha tying?

EAFBF7A3-214E-43B7-B0FF-17DC654C1410.jpeg

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Opal Cormorant https://live.staticflickr.com[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Damn. Welcome back

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine