This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By wvangler
There are wild trout in Montana? Holy crap batman! This is big news. I'm calling in the next 5 mins to book a plane and taking my stringer and bucket of worms with me. All my bait chuckin poaching friends might try to come with me since so many of them read The Drake.

:vomit

"No waaaay, this is greaat" - Lloyd
By wvangler
Considering the population dynamics (i.e., growth rate, reproduction strategy, fitness level) of those bows, cuttbows and what cutts are left; I wouldn't worry even about the bubba brigade unless they were determining where to put their load of firewood, er, I mean housing development.
By Sewer Trout
LeeO wrote:Name one of the streams (other than the river pic - that one is too easy) and I'll delete the entire thread.
I'm just saying that posting the sign for the LMW, complete with unit, is not a good way of keeping a basin of small streams, within a noob's cast of an exploding fly fishing mecca, under your hat. If it was a pic of a Missouri River fishing access site that's way different. I figured that since you posted the picture of the sign you were in that drainage, if not, good move it will throw people off.

Whatever, I was just giving you shit, don't take it so personal. But how would you feel if I took a trip to WV, visited one of your favorite, relatively ignored, local small streams, and then posted a picture of a easily identifiable sign marking its location on a fishing site?

They were nice pic's though. Looks like a fun trip.
:cool
By LeeO
Honestly? Elkhorn Creek, McDowell County, WV

I have fished these streams every year for over 20 years and have been to MT every year that I have been alive. I don't think I have ever seen fewer people fishing in that area than I have the last 5 years or so. Now there are a shitload more houses and Big Sky has basically been turned into a dirty rectum, but as long as developers>fishermen that place is fucked just like in ole WV.
By Ramcatt
LeeO wrote:Honestly? Elkhorn Creek, McDowell County, WV

NICE
i got a place to fish this weekend
By LeeO
Sweet! Give it a shot. I can't imagine that you could do any more harm than the two active mines, or the looming possibility of new mines. After all the antidegradation rules were reduced on the stream due to "planned or ongoing coal development".

You need directions?
By LeeO
No. I just don't believe that fishermen can harm a stream as much as a bulldozer. Of course if there are no fishermen then the dozer operators really don't have much to worry about as far as killing trout. But you seem to know it all, I'd love to be educated on the threats to WV trout streams, so have at it. I'm all ears.
By Ramcatt
LeeO wrote:Sweet! Give it a shot. I can't imagine that you could do any more harm than the two active mines, or the looming possibility of new mines. After all the antidegradation rules were reduced on the stream due to "planned or ongoing coal development".

You need directions?

GPS brah... :coffee
By Ajax
Good work. That first pic is my kind of water.
deliberate fuel

very excellent, thank you. you find the right word[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Raymond Bumble (variation) https://live.stat[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

October 6, 2020 #44?? Gas $1.99 Started later […]

Shakedown: TR

Most excellent! Thanks for sharing, KP

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine