This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By steelrain202
TX. wrote:
Aguirre wrote:Holy mother fucking goliath beastly monster of the depths, that is a haus!!!
Good shit.
I'm gonna buy that musky DVD now.
Been thinking about it.
Where's fucking T.X.?
Dude, gimme a holler when it's time, I miss that place.
When I see massive fucking musko's I think of that whoring bitch that ate your fly.
I haven't even checked in here in months...I haven't fished since I moved that big girl about two weeks after we fished together and I landed that 52". The rivers have been fucked, start to come down and then we get blasted again. I've lost about 3 feet of riverbank at my place and some deep scouring in the field down there as well.
Just trying to keep my head above water and stay on top of things. Back filling,seeding, then another flood, lose it all and start over.
I can actually see the bottom of the river now, I think that's about the third time this summer.
It seems like we're getting about 3" of rain every other day. That little trickle that's a foot and a half wide before you drive up my mountain was over a hundred yards wide a couple of weeks ago...and a couple of weeks before that as well.
I've been focused on getting the house addition finished.
I might have to suck it up and make the long haul w/ Knox.
I need a break (the mowing and weed eating has been kicking my ass this year).
S
(Nice fatty's Vito's Brother)
we should i just bought a gheenoe. you dont happen to have a 10hp tiller youd like to get rid of do ya?
By TX.
steelrain202 wrote: we should i just bought a gheenoe. you dont happen to have a 10hp tiller youd like to get rid of do ya?
Nope, but I have a 9.9....that's not for sale.
Check CL EVERY day, you'll find one and that boat will fly, it will take a 15hp and run near 30.
Check the Custom Gheenoe classified site as well.
Hope the family is well, haven't seen you in quite a while.
By steelrain202
TX. wrote:
steelrain202 wrote: we should i just bought a gheenoe. you dont happen to have a 10hp tiller youd like to get rid of do ya?
Nope, but I have a 9.9....that's not for sale.
Check CL EVERY day, you'll find one and that boat will fly, it will take a 15hp and run near 30.
Check the Custom Gheenoe classified site as well.
Hope the family is well, haven't seen you in quite a while.
new baby shitty weather lots of overtime ill come visit
By AftonAngler
Endemic wrote:
AftonAngler wrote:Image
Is that homo Shane? Sigh.......
Yup...in all has gheyness

Fellows! Life's been good...

Lots of these

Been beach combing when I can...

Got a new whip!

Been practicing a different way...

Of course I've been helping plenty of friends get into these sorts of poses;)

Got one of these now!

Went here...

Fished with these guys...

Learned a few new things...

Caught a bunch of these...

Honestly got BLANKED on the muskyfish! That being said had the Time of My Life up there doing that!! Raised almost 40 fish but could not get them to eat. Had several 45# class animals waddle in and make turns...nada. I'll be back!

Downhome been having a great summer!

Lots of these!

And LOTS of happy clients this season!
I even manage on every now and then;)...(I'm no Vito's brother though!)

Don't forget this!

:cool

C-Ya

By fatman
AftonAngler wrote:
(I'm no Vito's brother though!)
yeah, but who is, right?

nice vignette, AA :cool
By Adams
Sweet photo dump AA. Cant wait to hear more about Rowan. I have a client with a camp there. . .
By Adams
It would seem weird going to Canukistan and flying into a lake I've never fished when there is so much productive water this side of the border. Client keeps trying to get us up there though.
By AftonAngler
Adams wrote:It would seem weird going to Canukistan and flying into a lake I've never fished when there is so much productive water this side of the border. Client keeps trying to get us up there though.
Think of Rowan as you would Pebble Beach if you were a golfer.

I don't know too many duffers who'd turn down a turn to beat it around that cow pasture;)

It's A+ game water though Adams. You might want to send me and yer wife...
By Maniac
Went with V Wake & Chidester to the local river a couple weeks back. We got there early, and while they were running the shuttle I thought I would try my luck in the big eddy at the put-in. I rowed up about a hundred yards & began to cast...my wrist hurt already as I tried out flies that are just too big to throw on a 10-weight, but I wasn't really looking forward to trying some of them on a 12-weight either...I tried a couple water-pushers, no luck...tried a big-ass Fluke Fly, no love...in about 10 minutes I realized that the water was already dropping; we had rain the previous couple days and the water was somewhat colored but it also looked like it was clearing a little...or was that my imagination?

I had about a hundred crazy-looking flies that I had never tried, from big Airheads to jointed Wiggle Minnows, to 10-inch string leeches tied on furled 80-pound to Change-Gamers (yeah the Game's been Changing for a long, long time...) to noise-makers...hey a NOISE MAKER! This might work well in the stained water. I put on the original gold Chatterbait fly that I posted on here a couple years ago. I knew that this one wiggled & made noise, as my son had helped me make an underwater video of the fly in action in the pool years ago (see Chatterbait Fly post). For some reason I had not tweaked this fly much or tied any more of them that I could find, so I put on the gold prototype.

I was immediately rewarded on the 2nd cast with an eat right by the boat that was just an epic, aggressive eat!! She made a big jump and I saw that she was hooked on the rear-hook...note to self, make more of this fly...then she bulldogged me down deep, and I realized that she wasn't a dink...then she jumped 3 more times before I got out TX's lucky net & got her!! Just then I heard a repeated blast of the horn, as V Wake & Chidester are crossing the bridge above me...they're gonna be jealous!

Well I got her! I was pretty stoked, as we hadn't even left the put-in...I yelled out for some help taking photos; I snapped a quick one on my phone but it was ugly...I'll post it anyway though. V Wake made an underwater release video that I'm waiting on, will post when it comes online.

Photo taken on phone....

photo taken by V Wake

video to come
By Adams
AftonAngler wrote:It's A+ game water though Adams. You might want to send me and yer wife...
This made me laugh. . .

I blame Covid. When that hit, RV sales went throug[…]

2021 Smalljaw Swap

I'm sending in a piece of marabou on a toothpi[…]

Luau 2021

If I’m not on a Caribbean cruise or lake Pow[…]

https://nypost.com/2021/02/13/feds-arrest-man-du[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine