This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By TX.
Way to spoil him on a mid forties fish right out of the box!
By AftonAngler

This is the week!

4th Annual Musky Ball...started as a DrakeBake:)

Yes we are having a two day musky fly fishing contest(for charitable causes)...but mainly this is about fishy fellowship and celebrating a World Champion fish - The Mighty Musky and the lifestyle required to go about fooling these bastard fish into taking our humble offerings.

Hope to see all the familiar faces up here once again...and some new ones too!

Fishing has been Grand!

By B.M. Barrelcooker
What is it about this thread .... Man

Great peice of writing vwake! The pictures were superb but with words out together like that we really didn't need them. .

Goodness !
By TX.
So I thought today was gonna be the day...that we stopped just getting looks and started getting eats.
Franzen made the trek over the holler, although the sun was quite warm upon his arrival, and I was hoping for an earlier start with the upper 30 degree morning we saw.
I'll cut to the chase and spare the details. We sight cast to 8 fish today all in the upper 30" to mid 40" class, mostly on sand flats, I had one good follow thought was gonna eat (then there was a noise distraction on the bow of the boat, she left). I managed 2 more follows from the timber, one really hot fish that I put into the "8" until she lost interest and sulked on the bottom, I told Chris to show her something different, get his fly down there and she came on it hot, he sped the fly up and she charged hard and flared....then left.
We were working down another flat (and had been calling out carp and suckers all day to each other, validation thing), and he calls out a carp..."No! Shit! Shit! It's the biggest fucking smallmouth I've ever seen!!!" we both hauked big flies at it and it showed some interest, so I spin the boat around, make a quick fly change, make a cast, tease it a bit and it pounces like a kitten on a ball of yarn. The fish was a solid 5#r (you know, Bob White stylin'). I just about have her to the boat when she does the head shake/ jump combo and comes unbuttoned...damn. But it was cool.
So that was pretty much our day. We saw a pair of bald eagles and some otters.

Chidester, Bufud, and Socks hit a different river today w/ a better outcome....looking forward to the TR (damn kids were texting more than fishing).
By V Wake
Yeah, TX, I was flying back from Denver and every time I looked at my phone I'd have ten new messages from both boats. Crazy action everywhere it sounds. Glad the local fish are starting to get into a fall pattern.
By Meatwad
AftonAngler wrote:Image

This is the week!

4th Annual Musky Ball...started as a DrakeBake:)

Yes we are having a two day musky fly fishing contest(for charitable causes)...but mainly this is about fishy fellowship and celebrating a World Champion fish - The Mighty Musky and the lifestyle required to go about fooling these bastard fish into taking our humble offerings.

Hope to see all the familiar faces up here once again...and some new ones too!

Fishing has been Grand!

This looks amazing. Next year I'll have my shit together in time, and I've already recruited a rower and a caster...
By Socks
im adding you nxt time TX, southern musky BS and fishing thread, lots of collage aged humor.

Waiting on Chi this is his report I was happy just to be in the boat on the oars.
By slapshot
[report]Just got back from AA's hood. I shoulda timed my vacation for this week for the festivities.

Did a repeat of last year with my buddy. Same cabin, same rivers, same bars.
Ever since I was a child I've had a thing for muskies. My grandfather would tell me stories of fishing the Wisconsin flowages back in the 50's thru the 70's. He had a mount on the wall of his workshop and as a kid it both terrified me and amazed me. I talked to him yesterday afternoon, he wanted to know how my trip was. He can't get out to fish anymore, but I could hear him light up as I described the trip. That excitement about fishing I remembered up until a few years ago was back in the timbre of his voice.

Kind of fitting for my tattoo artist to want to tattoo a musky on my arm right after a successful trip on the same waters my gramps floated 50 years ago.

If it wasn't for my grandfather introducing me to fishing who knows what I'd be doing with my life. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be as awesome as it is now.[/report]
Thumbing Through Some SBSs

that doesn't dye away from photos and you fucking […]

WTF, Hieronymus

He’s too busy on the run from Sasquatch afte[…]

A Confession

okay, I got a good one. jose, mars and kyle get o[…]

Does anyone want to do a Pike/Muskie swap?

sorry. I thought we were playing nazi tennis.

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine