Sage Z-Axis for sale

Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
loeber74

Re: Sage Z-Axis for sale

Post by loeber74 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:46 am

"and asian food is four dogs."

$5.00

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:01 pm

Average Joe wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:56 pm
yard4sale wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:06 pm
Yellow Limes?
Yes. From the lime tree in the backyard.

They turn yellow like lemons when ripe, but taste like limes.
fry.png
fry.png (187.6 KiB) Viewed 3475 times
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:19 pm

I haven't had much to do lately, so I've been re-reading the old Asian spam that slipped past Jed. Turns out some of those posts were actually recipes.

Mitch's friend (...) helped me to translate one of them , and so today I give you, "Koren fried meat, btices!"

Step #1. Get some meat. Apparently any kind of meat will do. That gives you lots of options if you live in, say, Kentucky. I went with chicken.

Step #2. Cut up the meat and marinate it with some grated garlic, ginger, salt, pepper, and rice wine.

1.JPG
1.JPG (175.24 KiB) Viewed 3135 times

2.JPG
2.JPG (152.92 KiB) Viewed 3135 times

It seemed like it could use more liquid, so I went off-script and added some beer as well.

Put that in the fridge and let it do its thing.

The recipe called for a sauce made from ketchup, sugar, water, chopped garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, berry jam, and some of this shit.

3.JPG
3.JPG (124 KiB) Viewed 3135 times

Heat all of that in a pan until it thickens.

4.JPG
4.JPG (189.29 KiB) Viewed 3135 times

Mix together some flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, white pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, curry powder, and sugar.

Throw a handful of that into a bowl with the meat and mix it up.

5.JPG
5.JPG (129.52 KiB) Viewed 3135 times

Heat some oil to 375 and fry up the meat. Do this in small batches so it doesn't all stick together.

6.JPG
6.JPG (120.73 KiB) Viewed 3135 times

7.JPG
7.JPG (192.2 KiB) Viewed 3135 times

After all of the meat has been cooked, bump up the heat until the oil reaches 400 and then put all of the meat back in the pan for a minute or so. This will make the outside very crisp.

8.JPG
8.JPG (234.58 KiB) Viewed 3135 times

Add the fried meat to the pan with the sauce. Stir until the meat is thoroughly coated, and then sprinkle with sesame seeds.

9.JPG
9.JPG (316.58 KiB) Viewed 3135 times

If you really want your kitchen smelling like a shithole country, serve with some curried rice.

10.JPG
10.JPG (170.05 KiB) Viewed 3135 times

"So how was it?" you ask.

Well, it was good.

But given the number of inexpensive Asian restaurants in this area, it was no better (and actually more expensive to make) than what I could have ordered at the joint down the street.

It's unlikely I'll make it again, but if I do, I'll use fewer ingredients.

11.jpg
11.jpg (31.58 KiB) Viewed 3135 times

12.jpg
12.jpg (91.79 KiB) Viewed 3135 times

For yard...

https://www.fourwindsgrowers.com/solver/color.html

ironman

Post by ironman » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:51 pm

Dracula's chicken. Muy Limo.

That grower's site - I want potted fig, lemon, and lime trees. You growing trees from them?
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin

LTFI

Post by LTFI » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:23 pm

Think i'll grab some Thai for lunch.

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:55 pm

ironman wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:51 pm

That grower's site - I want potted fig, lemon, and lime trees. You growing trees from them?
Yes. One orange, two lemons, one lime. All in pots. All from that grower. All at least twenty years old.

Had a fig in the ground that I cut down. It was two stories high - too big to net - and only served to feed the rats and the starlings.

Potted citrus trees wouldn't survive the winter where you live, unless you have an orangery.

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:22 pm

yet I get (triple) onion soup. and there was probably beer in it.
if you find yourself needing to be among like-minded people to feel safe your[sic] a moron, josh.

-anonymous mtice

ironman

Post by ironman » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:50 am

Average Joe wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:55 pm
ironman wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:51 pm

Yes. One orange, two lemons, one lime. All in pots. All from that grower. All at least twenty years old.

Had a fig in the ground that I cut down. It was two stories high - too big to net - and only served to feed the rats and the starlings.

Potted citrus trees wouldn't survive the winter where you live, unless you have an orangery.
If they are potted, could they no be brought inside?

Fresh figs are almost never available here. They are my favorite. Especially, wrapped in prosciutto with manchego and a chili-balsamic glaze.
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:54 pm

STUFFED SKRIMPS

I wanted something good for dinner but didn't want to go to the store, so I was making do with what I had on hand. I decided to make stuffed skrimps. I pulled out a pack of shrimp that I froze about a month ago and some blue crab claw meat. While the skrimps were thawing I diced half an onion and a stalk of celery pretty fine. I picked out the 10 biggest shrimp, them would be the ones I stuffed. I peeled them leaving the tails on and deveined and put them in the fridge. I peeled and deveined the rest of the skrimps.
I put about 3 tbsp butter in a pot over medium heat and put the onions and celery cooking down in them.
IMG_0844.jpg
IMG_0844.jpg (65.42 KiB) Viewed 244 times
I make stuffed shrimp with shrimp and crab stuffing the ratio I use for the stuffing is 2 shrimp in the stuffing for every stuffed shrimp I plan on making, plus an equal volume of crab meat. I prepared 20 shrimp, setting the excess shrimp aside, thinking I would fry them and toss on the plate too.
IMG_0846.jpg
IMG_0846.jpg (68.58 KiB) Viewed 244 times
Then I chopped them up pretty fine
IMG_0847.jpg
IMG_0847.jpg (61.53 KiB) Viewed 244 times
I seasoned the chopped shrimp with a little Tony's creole seasoning and hot sauce and put them aside for a minute. I added a couple cloves minced garlic to the pot then I added the crab claw meat
IMG_0848.jpg
IMG_0848.jpg (80.25 KiB) Viewed 244 times
Then I added the chopped shrimp. On thing that really pisses me off is when I order stuffed shrimp (or stuffed crab or anything else) and the stuffing is almost all breading. I don't make it that way.
IMG_0849.jpg
IMG_0849.jpg (77.8 KiB) Viewed 244 times
I added a splash of white wine, a good bit of oregano, thyme lemon juice and adjusted seasoning, then I started adding breadcrumbs stirring the in until the stuffing was starting to hold together
IMG_0851.jpg
IMG_0851.jpg (54.43 KiB) Viewed 244 times
I checked seasoning again, then killed the heat and added a beaten egg.

I pulled out the larger shrimp I had prepared for stuffing and seasoned them. Then I would take a shrimp and form a ball of stuffing around the top meaty part of the shrimp to form sort of a shrimp drumstick
IMG_0853.jpg
IMG_0853.jpg (56.07 KiB) Viewed 244 times
I placed the stuffed shrimp in a pan layered with bread crumbs then put them in the freezer for a bit so they would firm up so that I could handle them more easily.
IMG_0854.jpg
IMG_0854.jpg (85.03 KiB) Viewed 244 times
I planned on making a burre blanc sauce to serve with the shrimp. To make a burre blanc sauce you put about 1/4 cup white wine and 1 tbsp red wine vinegar in a sauce pan along with some shallots or garlic and reduce until it's almost completely gone, basically just a syrup in the pan. I would normally then add a couple tablespoons of cream, reduce by half, then slowly whisk in a bunch of butter, being careful not to let the butter separate (the purpose of the cream is to stabilize the butter and keep it from breaking). I didn't have any cream in the fridge so I was going to do without. You can make a burre blanc sauce without cream but you have to make sure you let the pan cool enough that the butter won't break.

I reduced the wine and vineger
IMG_0856.jpg
IMG_0856.jpg (67.19 KiB) Viewed 244 times
Unfortunately I didn't let the pan cool enough and when I added the butter and it separated, so I called an audible, poured a good splash of Worcester sauce into the melted butter, then tossed in the excess shrimp I had and sauteed them. I added some more garlic and Italian seasoning and put them aside.
IMG_0858.jpg
IMG_0858.jpg (66.42 KiB) Viewed 244 times
I pulled the stuffed skrimps out of the freezer, they had firmed up a little bit and weren't so sticky anymore. I rolled them in breadcrumbs, then dipped in egg wash and then seasoned corn flour.
IMG_0859.jpg
IMG_0859.jpg (81.53 KiB) Viewed 244 times

Normally when I fry seafood I fry pretty hot, 375f or better, for this I had to go lower, they had to cook a while to cook the shrimp in the middle of that big ball of stuffing so I fried them at 325 for 8-9 minutes.

I plated up some of the sauteed shrimp and the butter with them and put the stuffed skrimps on top. They rocked
IMG_0860.jpg
IMG_0860.jpg (63.12 KiB) Viewed 244 times
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

Bigguy

Post by Bigguy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:50 am

:cool Good stuff, Red. The mark of a great cook is making do with what’s on hand and working around mistakes...you get an A+!

Ruddy Duck

Post by Ruddy Duck » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:29 am

That looks awesome Ron. I'm fortunate that we are geographically separated by a two hour drive. If we were neighbors, I'd be extremely fat instead of a little fat.

Five stars.

:cool

LA Fly Guy

Post by LA Fly Guy » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:39 am

Yummmmm