Openly Reggae.

Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
foureyedgeek

Re: Openly Reggae.

Post by foureyedgeek » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:53 pm

Month old, its summer and I need real reggae suggestions bump.
some people like Rocky Mountain Oysters... the rest wonder why they are eating balls. - Woolybug

#SavetheDace20XX

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:43 pm

Got ya covered.

boy in long pants

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:06 pm

This thread is hard. There is just way too much. In due time.

boy in long pants

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:15 pm

Glad you joined the party. I wondered when you would help with this thread. We got some good stuff- but I just knew you'd bringit. Thanks. With all that sun it seems silly to even talk about watching Bruce Campbell movies.

Are you pretty sure you think you will be at the luau?
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:16 pm

boy in long pants

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:21 pm

jhnnythndr wrote:Glad you joined the party. I wondered when you would help with this thread. We got some good stuff- but I just knew you'd bringit. Thanks. With all that sun it seems silly to even talk about watching Bruce Campbell movies.

Are you pretty sure you think you will be at the luau?

Yeah, Bruce has fallen off my radar lateley.

Man, I'm a little pissed about the Luau. I had my plans all set, got the time off work. Then my folks, not my wife mind you, informed me the inlaws will be visiting us for the entire duration of the ManJam.

I was sad.
boy in long pants

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:02 pm

That sucks. Big time. Maybe you 2 should come up here in august for 3-5 day float. No need to pack the guitar. I got us covered with a Couple. or just you come up leave your cares behind. Catch lots of fish. It's nice like thAt. And they are big too
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:25 pm

Sux CE.

Maybe some Toots will help-

Just like in real life, you always feel better after some Toots.
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:14 pm

Cliff, I see your Toots and was going to raise you one, but apparently there is no video of "Funny Ways" on the whole entire information supernet. So you know it must be a good one.

Jhnny, double dang brother. Thanks for the offer. Really. I will consider it. I ain't never been up there and I have a few friends up that way that I need to visit.

And everyone else. Come on, you can do better. As Thndr would say, THIS IS THE ASSIFIEDS! There isn't a song on this thread that I didn't know already. I want some shit I've never heard.

And I feel a little weird about it, but I'm gonna do it anyway: this is the ONLY Bob song I will be posting in this thread. Hopefully you don't know it yet.

edited for a vid that seems to work better
Last edited by CarelessEthiopian on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
boy in long pants

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:55 pm

I guess I feel the need to purge. But there are so many good songs without youtube videos.

boy in long pants

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:03 pm

This one is really good for fishing trips, if you guys are into that sort of thing.

Ok, enough for now. Gotta go to trivia night now. Our team is called Nuts and Bolts. We are mechanics. On our answer sheets we draw various illustrations of nuts and bolts rather than writing our team name.

It's likely I will post more after the many High Lifes that are destined to be in my belly in the immediate future. I'm kind of working alphabetically here so....lots more to come.
boy in long pants

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:39 pm

Well, we didn't win shit this time, even with a bonus round. That's what we get for taking a month off. But hey, after the ski hill closes everyone peaces out for a while and it's hard to get together. No worries, we're back in action.

So anyway, I'll start with this since it has been requested.

Walky Walk Tall

And some Gregory, recently passed, RIP. Check out the movie Rockers. It's got him and a few other big names, all in their youth.

I can't believe no one has put up any Israel Vibes yet.

I know it sounds silly but it's really tough for me to post in this thread. I don't want to put up shit that everyone knows, although that's kind of unavoidable. Ahh well, it's just reggie music.

And where the hell is Upsetter? I'm assuming he can contribute here.
boy in long pants