1st Annual assifieds Photo Contest.

Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Re: 1st Annual assifieds Photo Contest.

Post by Average Joe » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:17 pm

CarelessEthiopian wrote:I skied in the dorado shirt today. The sun was shining and the sky was that deep blue that you can only experience at high elevation. I found myself on a run called El Dorado, which is far off the beaten path and seldom visited by me. I enjoyed the deepest and most sublime turns of this season. Right there, for a few minutes everything in the world was perfect.
You and your crazy dog live a magical existence that always brings a smile to my face. You are both truly blessed because of the life you've chosen to live.

:cool

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:38 pm

[report]
0814131544.jpg
0814131544.jpg (435.69 KiB) Viewed 575 times
[/report]
boy in long pants

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Holy shit that's a cool pic.

I'm surprised the bird stuck around long enough on that cable to get entrapped into the mechanism.

Must have been a retraded bird.

Like many of us here...
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:29 am

Hogleg wrote: I'm surprised the bird stuck around long enough on that cable to get entrapped into the mechanism.

Must have been a retraded bird.
Yeah, something doesn't add up. I didn't take the pic, but the story was related to me. The carcass was discovered after it tripped a grip attach switch on the departure side of the terminal. There were 5 other switches it could/should have tripped before that one, which leads me to believe that the bird got crushed somewhere near the outgoing end of the terminal. But once the rope leaves the horizontal deflection sheaves (near the bullwheel) there isn't really anything on top or to the side of the rope to smash the bird like that. And the way it's pressed into the side of the rope suggests that it was the horizontal sheaves or the bullwheel that did the bird in. So, I don't fucking know how it happened, but thought it was worth sharing.

He was either retraded, or already dead. We see birds ride a moving rope all the time, but only for a few feet before they take off. More often than you might think, we find dead birds still perched. Just standing there with their little feet gripped around something, fully upright but dead as shit. It happens more with smaller birds like hummers or juncos. I've never seen it happen to a gray jay (the mess in the pic).

They said when they found it there was just enough wind to make the wing flutter like the bird was still struggling. Humorous.
boy in long pants

Kylemc

Post by Kylemc » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:05 am

"And sometimes both is required. We; the three of us were rather like the willow. Nothing broke us...Fucking Nothing..."

I forgot the rest.... your mom is a whore...WB25

Trucha Del Mar

Post by Trucha Del Mar » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:06 am

CarelessEthiopian wrote:[report]
0814131544.jpg
[/report]

This is why I stopped napping on lift cables. Sooner or later, something bad is gonna happen.
Goin' back to Houston, do the hot dog dance. Goin' back to Houston, to get me some pants.

The sheepshead fish has human teeth, but it's OK because it won't give you a psychedelic crisis.

bring your own lampshade, somewhere there's a party...

Lando

Post by Lando » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:29 pm

If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:40 am

Lando wrote:Image
I feel sorry for #23.
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

locogringo

Post by locogringo » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:34 pm

He deserved it. He probably did something stupid like run with the ball in his hands.

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:43 pm

[report]
IMG_0978.JPG
IMG_0978.JPG (390.08 KiB) Viewed 927 times
[/report]
boy in long pants

fatman

Post by fatman » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:01 pm

you're never going to work again, are you?
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:19 am

you're never going to work again, are you?
He's been busy playing plumber.