Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
By gankadank
We love you all. Right back atcha. There's a place for you here. Flyover country will remain and we hope we're still doing this. Feeding this odd addiction while we're physically able. Not to go dark, but the stroke folk and handicapped refer to us all as 'temporarily able bodied'. T.A.B. Until then, here, and tickled when you visit. Bring some of that maker's 46, LTFI

It's not proper hip to the hop, but it makes me smile. I played some soul coughing for Red Bess, and she said, "They sound like a good Smashmouth...if they didn't suck so much"

By fly-chucker
outstanding Gank :cool
By gankadank

This is old stuff. Fuk it :gun

Our water rarely freezes up. Some of the best outings are done in fall, winter, and spring. In the spirit of overnight trips there was a weekend, maybe two years past, with and old friend and a fella i'd never floated with before.

the big guy had solid stickies and he could cook. steak lobster tail beans and shrooms

we ate well and made ourselves comfortable

we'd float with that guy again. he holds his own and doesn't need to be propped up

about this time, in one of my first smallmouth swaps, there was the attempt to send the best possible bugger off to a weird corner of the innerwebs

we had an unusually warm February day. we spent it in the tripper

it was nothing special. the sandwich and actual sunshine were the highlights to the day

she packed us up for the weekend and obliged a request for a squeeze shot

options were offered for class II water. tandem in the bow or solo

her choice. and it took her some back and forth. she didn't fall out of her boat or tip it over. but she did pin on a rock and partially swamp it. she lost a tube of lip balm and there was a brief dip in her good cheer but after a little dump out and a change of clothes she was right as rain

this river's been medicine for us as we've learned the basics of paddling and camp craft. you'll see when you get here, it's a special piece of water

you can walk up there, where you see the indentation of the bluff

folks can't help themselves when it comes to cairns

she did allow for one squeezy duck face pic

after that, there were strip pits out of a jon boat. testing a swap fly is hard work. please savor the fine photog work

cf clousers and red's simple shrimp

we had a sunday float by our house. some vandal left a fish on the rr bridge

may this fire find you well and make you smile a bit

cheers

[/fish_report]
Last edited by gankadank on Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By stillsteamin
Good stuff gank. Beautiful country
By 421sd
gankadank wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:06 am about this time, in one of my first smallmouth swaps, there was the attempt to send the best possible bugger off to a weird corner of the innerwebs
I fucked up at Taneyhomo a couple weeks ago, and broke that fly off on a porkenstein of a trout. So feel free to tie me another.
By FredA
yo gank... did you hike all the way up there? dang.

p.s. diggin the doggie bag.
By augustwest
YO.jpg
YO.jpg (138.46 KiB) Viewed 112 times
The return of Stolen Hours

October 6, 2020 #44?? Gas $1.99 Started later […]

Shakedown: TR

Most excellent! Thanks for sharing, KP

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Watten Warrior Muddler (variation) https://l[…]

deliberate fuel

I’m glad this got bumped. I missed it the f[…]