Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
By medbow
I have an Orvis Battenkill V Large Arbor reel for 8-10 weight lines, $150 obo. It is spooled with an 8-wt intermediate sinking line. I forget the line manufacturer, but can say that it has hardly been fished. I have owned the reel for 6-7 years, but only used it a handful of times. Great condition. I am looking for a new 5/6 weight reel to fish the Rio Indicator nymphing line, so am also interesteded in a trade. Please call Phil at 970-404-zero-one-seven-two in Lincoln, MT.
medbow wrote:I have an Orvis Battenkill V Large Arbor reel for 8-10 weight lines, $150 obo. It is spooled with an 8-wt intermediate sinking line. I forget the line manufacturer, but can say that it has hardly been fished. I have owned the reel for 6-7 years, but only used it a handful of times. Great condition. I am looking for a new 5/6 weight reel to fish the Rio Indicator nymphing line, so am also interesteded in a trade. Please call Phil at 970-404-zero-one-seven-two in Lincoln, MT.
Phil, sounds like a great deal. A have a few questions thought.
1. How many times is a handful?
2. What color is the backing?

Thanks and tight lines!
This is....not going to go well...at all.
You wouldn't happen to be Ernie's brother would you? Hell of a bowler he was.
Is the backing distance backing?

Is this reel compatible with the rexfly fish losing system?

Is your mom's name rain?
I'll trade for both reels and the Rio line. I don't use backing, so could you post pics of the reels w/o backing.
And, how used is the Rio line?

And, who the hell is Phil??
I am concerned now. I recently bought a rio indicator nymphing line. Will it not work on Orvis reels or an 8wt?

Please advise as I still have the papers and will return it or put it up for trade for an appropriate bobber line that is compatible with my 8wt.

Thanks! :cool :Roll Eyes
four0four wrote:At least he left his number
Pretty chatty for a newb. :coffee
Hey Phil
Can I borrow your car first? It helps me establish trust with people wanting to sell or trade things on the internet. Also - do you have a passport you aren't using?

Let me know as I just booked my flight to MT and will call you once I land.
Thanks

Mitch
Friday Cheer Through Pics

long time coming, busting out like latarian to do […]

Woven Hair Flies

I don't tarry with "mere mites" Mine ar[…]

Spring in the SE AK

hell yeah Po, the goodest of goods. https:[…]

Roughfish swap (Heero backed out)

Wait, it’s Thursday today. Next week’s[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine