Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
By Lando
My daughter has a Life Sports class where she is learning activities that she can do when she gets old.........canoeing, bouldering, hunter's safety, etc.... her performance assessment for the course is to teach an adult the skills they have learned. She decided to take her old man fly fishing.

We got on the drink just before the crack of noon.........

The Brookies are doing their thing at the boat ramp...........

It was a glorious day..........

Too glorious.

Image[

Dad caught one dink...............he had a fine instructor.

My buddy and I wanted to fish below town in the worst way.

However, the powers that be decided to pinch the flows from 536 to 350-no big deal, but when the flows no longer go over the dam, shit gets ugly.

I guess I could always go chase elk up in those hills............

Ahhhh............Plan B.

Busted some huns at take-out while running the shuttle. See them about 3 o'clock from the Russian Olive?

I got a fish right at the boat ramp......

This guy needs a fishing consultant.

For mid-October, no complaints when one gets to fish in shorts.

The river was finally looking good and the fish were acting stupid.

This is Hicks.........he can catch fish, but can't hold them for a photo. After five fish with no photo, I decided to just take a picture of his ugly ass.

This is Cottonwood Creek. It shit the river up for the rest of the day.

We still fished............

Let me hold that for you...........

There you go...........

Boat ramp fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck, of course.

By Lando
Well, things finally are turning and things are looking up. I still haven't gotten a new camera and it seems as if I am taking shittier and shittier photos. Oh well, I keep trying.

Last weekend was pretty good. I took out a noob and hooked two during a casting lesson.

I went downstream a ways to check things out. I was pretty nice........

I played out at the lake a few evenings.............still couldn't manage a good photo.

It blew like a SOB today......but it was worth the effort.

By Lando
It kind of looks like the McDonald's arches.

The log dam wind won't let up, so I headed down to a place that it kind of tucked away.

It was pretty fun. I turned a bunch of fish, stuck some good ones, landed some here and there.

These little fuckers were everywhere.

By Lando
My old boss got back into town last night. He stopped by the place and we devised a plan that entailed a little exploration. The W was still around, but fuck it.........what's the worst that could happen?

I'd rather be out on the drink bitching about the wind than sitting inside wondering how the fishing was......

Had a bit of a drive...........

Down this way..........?????

Right or left.............??????

The take out.....??????

Sounds good......let's find a place to dump the boat.....

Twas a fun day..........a bunch of dinks, turned some nice fish, stuck a few good ones.........

There was just too much good water........we have to go back.

Slipped the boat down that dump to the right of the car..........

DO NOT MISS THE TAKE OUT!!!!!!!!!!

By Lando
Well, stayed down low this weekend. It was pretty cold starting out, but water temps warmed quickly. Some nice fish were turned, some lost, a few touched.

Cold start to a Sunday morning.........

Hopper eat in November.............

There were a bunch of chukkar up there......

Losing light sucks.........

By stratabass
Your fall is shaping up better than mine. I saw my mother-in-law's skivies on the towel rack yesterday.... In any case, keep fighting the good fight. :cool
By Lando
I was supposed to visit the boys down south for the Great Roll-Over, but some folks were in need of help Saturday and I can always use a little dose of Karma. That meant that I had one more day to take the boat for a ride before the snow flies.

Mine's the pretty one.

Fishing was ok-it got better towards the end of the day once the water warmed a bit.

It was a beautiful November day.

The snow came and I decided to go chase some elk. Saturday was spent down low going after some Beaner had seen the day before. Of course I forgot a camera, but you will get to see the sagebrush in later photos. Rico ran into the elk path that scooted up into the timber. We devised a plan for the next day and wandered on out. Rico would go back to the truck and pick Beaner and I would wander through the ponds. The radios died (thanks, son), and Rico thought we were going to end up higher than we actually did, so Beaner and I got to walk a couple of miles back up the road. Fuck me.

Sunday we rolled up high to get into the timber and we drove the Tundra as far as we could.

We walked up to the ridge and split up to cruise the timber. I took time to glass below.......

Did my best impression of AJ sans booze and a chair.

No tracks, but by the time we got off the mountain, the temperature had gotten quite pleasant. A quick bite and a change of clothes and I went exploring. They are doing some work on a little dam downstream. I wanted to go check on the progress......the water was a bit off, but I fished anyway.

I was tempted.......

WIth no luck, I ran back up stream to save the day. On the way to a run I busted two different covey of huns........should have brought the 12 gauge.

Oh well, armed with only a 6 wt., I did the best I could.

RIP Croaker.

Here's to Croaker. RIP dude.

2021 Smalljaw Swap

Your flyties look great. Way to go. We have the […]

UV stuff

Just got some uv stuff in the other day. Was putt[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

3/25/2021 60 clouds turning to drizzle to dow[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine