FS: Two tickets to Moss Vegas

Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
Lando

Re: FS: Two tickets to Moss Vegas

Post by Lando » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:06 am

If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

Kfoxwyo

Post by Kfoxwyo » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:19 pm

Nice, always a pleasure to see this post bump towards the top of the screen.
Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need-a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.
-Jerome K. Jerome, 1889

fly-chucker

Post by fly-chucker » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:42 pm

glad to see you got sunburned

fucker :cool
"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." -CC

"Get off the water you dumb asses…there is a shit storm coming." -Pancho Rancho

"Fucker compared my small stream trout weenie cast to an epileptic with Tourette’s Syndrome." -Carpe Tructa

Lando

Post by Lando » Fri May 04, 2018 9:08 am

Lou got attacked by a pit bull. I couldn’t believe that no blood was spilled.....

If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

stillsteamin

Post by stillsteamin » Fri May 04, 2018 10:51 am

Lando wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:08 am
Lou got attacked by a pit bull. I couldn’t believe that no blood was spilled.....
But pitbulls are such a gentle, misunderstood breed....
I still like to explore new water, but these holes and drifts and slots are like the books and records I have carried around for decades. They are not only places of affection - they are the fabric of my life. - Doug Rose

Lando

Post by Lando » Fri May 04, 2018 11:11 am

It could have been a lot worse. I was walking the dog (off leash) to the park to toss the frisbee. Lou was in the pit's yard and she chased after him. I called him and when he got near me, he turned on the pit, she grabbed him by the neck, and started shaking. I kicked and kicked the shit out the pit, slipped on the grass, and Lou was still in her mouth. I grabbed the pit by the neck and placed my knee down on her until she let go. Normally they either don't let go or bite what is grabbing them. I told the cops that Lou was good and they didn't need to come and take photos......just get that fucking dog off the streets.

~Average Joe

chadroc

Post by chadroc » Mon May 07, 2018 2:10 pm

dang. glad lou is ok. but nice shit otherwise.
holding it down on the other side of the border

enjoy your catch (it died)

Lando

Post by Lando » Tue May 08, 2018 10:38 am

I was helping with the move into the new shop this weekend, so I didn’t get out much. My daughter did want to go out and fish Sunday afternoon.....
Attachments
7304CDE7-5240-4912-BF18-F809FC76A57E.jpeg
7304CDE7-5240-4912-BF18-F809FC76A57E.jpeg (281.77 KiB) Viewed 608 times

~Average Joe

chadroc

Post by chadroc » Tue May 08, 2018 11:15 am

mule deer? don't laugh if they aren't, i live thousands of miles east of this. just focused on mule deer since i am reading about a fella named joe Bhutto.

holding it down on the other side of the border

enjoy your catch (it died)

Lando

Post by Lando » Tue May 08, 2018 9:07 pm

Dang, that is crazy.

No, those are tasty elk, not deer.

~Average Joe

flashback

Post by flashback » Wed May 09, 2018 5:06 am

Pit bull stuff is scary.
Wife and I were walking our two leashed terriers on a city street when a pit bull mix jumped a fence and broke through a gate to attack us across the street. Wife was bitten twice, female dog received over 50 puncture wounds and one laceration required 24 staples to close. The dog was behind in rabies vaccine and unlicensed, had to be quarantined to see if rabies vaccine was needed for my wife. I also messed up my right foot from football style kicks to the dog trying to get it to release our dog. The pit was eventually put down, our vet bills were incredible, owner reimbursed us. An example of rescue dog not vetted well, can't understand why people acquire powerful dogs and don't train or control them. We have had multiple cases of dogs killed or maimed in dog parks here, almost always one of the bully breeds. There was a meeting scheduled for this weekend with legislators lobbyists and interested dog people (I am a legislative liasion with AKC) that would have addressed this and other issues, but it was canceled due to lack of participants. One issue I would like to see is for rescue groups to have some responsibility for dogs they are placing in homes. If there had been a child around at the time of our attack there most likely have been a real tragedy. There were more than 1,500 dog bites on humans in our county last year.

Lando

Post by Lando » Mon May 14, 2018 9:25 am

The weather has warmed and the rivers are swollen to the banks with brown mud. Lake fishing is the only game in town these days, and the little puddles around town are getting a bit boring. My buddy invited me along for another 150 hp ride-along to the lake huge fly fishermen in Montana love and hate.

Fishing was pretty good with a mix of smallies, crappie, poopfish, and even a few trout.

I got my rod back from Joe and it seems to catch nothing but sticks.

We stopped for a piss break on the way home and ran into Abe Lincoln.

I want to head back next weekend.

~Average Joe