Selling my artwork. Pretty Cheap

Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
TPeak

Selling my artwork. Pretty Cheap

Post by TPeak » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:56 am

I'm selling some of my artwork. We have our 3rd baby on the way in as many years and with a teacher's salary, I have to be able to support my fishing habit somehow!!

Brown Trout
Oil Pastel
14"x22"
Signed Print $75
Internet copy TPeak Brown Trout.jpg
Internet copy TPeak Brown Trout.jpg (124.21 KiB) Viewed 4100 times

Da Ax

Re: Selling my artwork. Pretty Cheap

Post by Da Ax » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:01 am

As a guy raising more than 3, it's cheaper to use a condom...

Before you're piled on, you should read this:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21108

Some of the residents artist MIGHT come to your aid...but it might be too late when then do.

Ye hath been warned...
The difference between decency and indecency is opportunity...

One could search their entire lives for the perfect drift, and it would not be a wasted life.

"If I owned this place and Hell, I'd rent this place out and live in Hell." -Toombs

TPeak

Post by TPeak » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:18 am

I appreciate the help....I think. I guess I dont get your message. I have read that before, long ago. As an avid reader/subscriber to The Drake, I get on this website a lot on my down time and occasionally jump on the message boards to read. I figured this was a "classifieds" and it was where people sold things. Maybe I'm crazy?
Or im just new to posting, so I'm about to get some shit?

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:20 am

So you are a teacher who can't read?
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

Lando

Post by Lando » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:16 pm

TPeak wrote:I appreciate the help....I think. I guess I dont get your message. I have read that before, long ago. As an avid reader/subscriber to The Drake, I get on this website a lot on my down time and occasionally jump on the message boards to read. I figured this was a "classifieds" and it was where people sold things. Maybe I'm crazy?
Or im just new to posting, so I'm about to get some shit?

No.

Just fuck off.
If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

TPeak

Post by TPeak » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:21 pm

And you must be one of the jerks who like to raz the new guys??

Ok, I get it. I think. I got to earn some respect around this place in order to get some attention? I have no problems introducing myself. I read the part in the classifieds and it basically said, if its not for sale, dont put it on here. I figured if you wanted to buy something you came here and if you had something important to say or something to cry about, you went to the general discussions page.

Well here ya go.
I am from Wyoming and grew up fishing, camping and playing sports. I was never a fly fisherman until about 4 years ago, but I'll get into that in a second.

I went to college in Nebraska on a wrestling and art scholarship. I finished off a successful wrestling career and came away with a teaching degree and four teaching endorsements. One in k-12 Art, another in K-12 PE as well as another in K-12 Health. The fourth, not that spectacular, is in coaching. I then went off to teach for a year before getting a phone call asking me if I wanted to come back to graduate school and coach wrestling at the college level while they paid for my master's degree. That was a no brainer. So, I have a master's degree in Organizational Management as well (just in case teaching didnt go well with me). Through all of these years, I fished at local lakes and such catching things I have never caught back in Wyoming like bass, pike etc. I barely got into fly fishing here an there.

While in graduate school, I missed competing so badly that I did some MMA. I had a very successful ammy career and turned pro in 2009. If you want to know more about that go ahead and look into it. I can assure you that, in real life, you wouldnt speak to me the way you type. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10huvPI1UXM

I was a head wrestling coach in Nebraska for 5 years and a middle school PE teacher. While driving through Jackson, Wy one Christmas vacation, I told my wife that one day I would own a rod from that place. I pointed to the Orvis shop. She must have paid attention because that next March, I got a rod for my birthday. Ever since, I have been a flyfisherman fool. I suck but I try hard.

I moved back to Casper, Wyoming last year when I took a job as a head wrestling coach/ HS Art teacher. I now have time to get in some art work and do some fishing. We had our first baby the summer we moved here (2014). We had another 370 days later. We are now due again this coming September. So, 3 baby that are less than 27 months APART!! Family is my first priority. Fishing comes second but I still get a chance to go out and get some in. I still suck but I'm getting better every time. I drive my wife absolutely crazy with how much I love fishing yet she still buys me things!! It also finds its way into my artwork. She even hates most of my artwork because its so fish oriented but I created this Brown Trout piece so that it would be "pretty" enough to hang in the living room. Until just recently, I have had a pair of handmedown waders and shitty used/ebay cloudveil boots that were on their last leg. She just got me my first pair of Simms G3's for my birthday, so I was pretty stoked.

So, I love to hang with the family, fish, camp, workout, kickass, create art, drink beer and whatever else you can throw my way that is competitive. Here are some pics to go along with the story.
Attachments
IMG_3314.JPG
IMG_3314.JPG (109.41 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
IMG_3173.JPG
IMG_3173.JPG (81.71 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
IMG_2222.JPG
IMG_2222.JPG (116.44 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
IMG_2191.JPG
IMG_2191.JPG (144.31 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
IMG_1398.JPG
IMG_1398.JPG (102.12 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
IMG_0426.PNG
IMG_0426.PNG (1.03 MiB) Viewed 4026 times
Last edited by TPeak on Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:46 pm

cool.jpg
cool.jpg (50.27 KiB) Viewed 4055 times

upshitscreek

Post by upshitscreek » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:50 pm

Topeka, I am quoting this shitpile so when you bitch out and delete all of your posts in a hissy fit there is still a record.

TPeak wrote:And you must be one of the jerks who like to raz the new guys??

Ok, I get it. I think. I got to earn some respect around this place in order to get some attention? I have no problems introducing myself. I read the part in the classifieds and it basically said, if its not for sale, dont put it on here. I figured if you wanted to buy something you came here and if you had something important to say or something to cry about, you went to the general discussions page.

Well here ya go.
I am from Wyoming and grew up fishing, camping and playing sports. I was never a fly fisherman until about 4 years ago, but I'll get into that in a second.

I went to college in Nebraska on a wrestling and art scholarship. I finished off a successful wrestling career and came away with a teaching degree and four teaching endorsements. One in k-12 Art, another in K-12 PE as well as another in K-12 Health. The fourth, not that spectacular, is in coaching. I then went off to teach for a year before getting a phone call asking me if I wanted to come back to graduate school and coach wrestling at the college level while they paid for my master's degree. That was a no brainer. So, I have a master's degree in Organizational Management as well (just in case teaching didnt go well with me). Through all of these years, I fished at local lakes and such catching things I have never caught back in Wyoming like bass, pike etc. I barely got into fly fishing here an there.

While in graduate school, I missed competing so badly that I did some MMA. I had a very successful ammy career and turned pro in 2009. If you want to know more about that go ahead and look into it. I can assure you that, in real life, you wouldnt speak to me the way you type. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10huvPI1UXM

I was a head wrestling coach in Nebraska for 5 years and a middle school PE teacher. While driving through Jackson, Wy one Christmas vacation, I told my wife that one day I would own a rod from that place. I pointed to the Orvis shop. She must have paid attention because that next March, I got a rod for my birthday. Ever since, I have been a flyfisherman fool. I suck but I try hard.

I moved back to Casper, Wyoming last year when I took a job as a head wrestling coach/ HS Art teacher. I now have time to get in some art work and do some fishing. We had our first baby the summer we moved here (2014). We had another 370 days later. We are now due again this coming September. So, 3 baby that are less than 27 months APART!! Family is my first priority. Fishing comes second but I still get a chance to go out and get some in. I still suck but I'm getting better every time. I drive my wife absolutely crazy with how much I love fishing yet she still buys me things!! It also finds its way into my artwork. She even hates most of my artwork because its so fish oriented but I created this Brown Trout piece so that it would be "pretty" enough to hang in the living room. Until just recently, I have had a pair of handmedown waders and shitty used/ebay cloudveil boots that were on their last leg. She just got me my first pair of Simms G3's for my birthday, so I was pretty stoked.

So, I love to hang with the family, fish, camp, workout, kickass, create art, drink beer and whatever else you can throw my way that is competitive. Here are some pics to go along with the story.

Lando

Post by Lando » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:53 pm

TPeak wrote: If you want to know more about that go ahead and look into it. I can assure you that, in real life, you wouldnt speak to me the way you type. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10huvPI1UXM

I am sure I'd still tell you to fuck off.

:cool
If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:55 pm

Odds:

Lando's kid 2:1
RandyD 5:1
Mitchy 7:1
Tbag 100:1
Catshit 1000:1

Bookiematt.com

Ramcatt

Post by Ramcatt » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:11 pm

TPeak wrote:...She even hates most of my artwork...
i like her already...
"Ramcatt is the origninal cuntry fishing troubadour, and the youngest dirty old man to fish these waters"
- Al Goldstein (c.1973)

Randall Dee

Post by Randall Dee » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:30 pm

How's yer single leg ride guillotine?