the last ride of the starcraft.

Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
Transylwader

Re: the last ride of the starcraft.

Post by Transylwader » Mon May 02, 2016 8:47 am

Well played Sir.

Looks like that rug really tied the pop up together.
If assholes could fly, Raleigh would be a fucking airport - my Mum

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Mon May 02, 2016 9:54 am

oh yeah!!
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

chadroc

Post by chadroc » Mon May 02, 2016 5:04 pm

there truly ain't kindness that i've experienced in my life that runs as deep as drakian goodness. you don't get it until you get it and give it back. a new era indeed, and a bunch of blessings come through the mail. thank you so much my friend, you are nothing but a good man.

too damn big to set up in our bedroom, too damn rainy to pop it up outdoors. but this weekend, you best believe me and my boy are sleeping out in the back yard.

so so good. you are the man, you know who you are.
holding it down on the other side of the border

enjoy your catch (it died)

MaineDrifter

Post by MaineDrifter » Mon May 02, 2016 6:45 pm

Boo yah ! Awesome words Chadroc, cheers to the tent supplier.
"Lovingly massage your hog leg with olive oil, and then cover it with the spice mix." _Average Joe

chadroc

Post by chadroc » Mon May 02, 2016 9:54 pm

friday

yawn.

poked my toe out of the bag and used my gnarled and sharp big toe nail to flip on the coffee machine. gotta love that electric. it was 78degrees in the camper. i stayed cuddled up until the percolation had slowed, poured my first cup, donned my slippers and stepped out to greet the day.

i woke up only slightly hung over, took my medicine in the form of medicinal. then i made a sick breakfast. fried eggs, fried ham with cheddar, maple syrup, coffee, and a raspberry danish. damn, it was a great breakfast.

it was still early and the campground was quiet. it was really nice to put my feet up, tie a new leader on my glass, have a third cup of coffee and take a bunch of deep breaths. i wanted to go fish an old stretch of river we used to hit up all the time back in high school. but first i wanted to fill my cooler with more troutcorpses. so i fished the campground for a couple hours. i caught a bunch of stockies and dispatched my 2 fish limit.

i kept nymphing the honey hole, and got a bump that turned into a hard run. i thought i had a big brown trout for a minute, but then realized it was a just a sweet teh sukr. it fought valiantly, and i released her after she besmirched my landing net with a copious amount of eggs.

i headed back to my camp with a limit on a forked stick, as you do. thanks, bob.

camp was quiet, none of my friends or family would be around until early afternoon. so i headed to a place called diana's pool. when i was younger we would swim in the river here, and there was a rope swing and cliffs for jumping into the river from. daring people would climb trees on top of the outcroppings and jump to the water from there. supposedly, the area is named for a jilted young woman who jumped from the rocks to her doom in the water below. some say you can still hear her weeping from the cliffs on full moon nights. it has an old feel to it, this land used to be hunting grounds for mohegan, pequot and nipmuc indians.

here is what the area of diana's pool looks like.

i got a wee perch on a nymph. hmmmmm. i thought. wheres the 5wt?

nobody wanted to eat a streamer, so i went back to nymphing and got a few stockies. i was happy.

i hiked up to the cliff for jumping and had a nice sit down soda pop for a break. it was a nice morning.

this flowers been hanging in there so long it is finally well hung.

i retuned to camp to do some squaw chores. the rug does indeed tie the room together.

i surpsingly had a lunch of ham sandwitches.

my friend stated coming in to camp. me and t bag went down to the river to catch a couple more fish.

i gave the bag a nymph, said cast over there. he did, he caught a trout.

when dark fell, we sat around the campfire talking and bullshitting. after a while, i went back into the 78degree camper and fell into a deep deep sleep.

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Mon May 02, 2016 10:19 pm

My name is Yardsale and I absolutely love this message. As much as I love my overnight floats the luxury of a camper next to a river is pretty special.

But that said, 78 degrees? Fer fuk sakes man. Does your lady push sheets into your side of the bed?
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

chadroc

Post by chadroc » Mon May 02, 2016 10:27 pm

i highly doubt tis actually 78degrees, but such is what is said on the sweet ghetto heater the dude left in the starcraft. that fucking thing is money. it dropped into the thirties all 3 nights, but ossilate the heater did and i slept the sleep of the dead. it felt so damn good.

FormerlyChaseChrome

Post by FormerlyChaseChrome » Tue May 03, 2016 6:44 am

You done the early season in style my friend...as you say..."sickness"
:cool

Bigguy

Post by Bigguy » Tue May 03, 2016 9:12 am

If that's the starcraft's last ride, your doing up in style! :cool

MTgrayling
Location: ...down river from you when steelheading; releasing a whitefish above you when the trout are on...

Post by MTgrayling » Tue May 03, 2016 10:39 am

Quality. :cool

FyI: Weasel urine is a great mice deterent.

...and that is why I smell like weasel piss. Yah.
Ryan found his way out; your escape awaits...

Let there be HIGH water!

chadroc

Post by chadroc » Tue May 03, 2016 3:10 pm

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Tue May 03, 2016 5:13 pm

Plumbers everywhere are envious.