Friends.

Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
Woolybug25

Re: Friends.

Post by Woolybug25 » Tue May 30, 2017 3:15 pm

There's a can collector dude that hitchhikes between my town and the next collecting cans from dumpsters and generally snearing in everyone's general direction. I used to give him rides to the highway intersection because I knew most people hated the old bastard and he's really just is battling mental illness. One day I picked him up and he saw I was wearing a Notre Dame hat. He told me "fuck them Irish, my Nole's are gonna fuck you guys up". I larfed, but then the Noles beat ND the very next week in heartbreaking fashion.

Haven't given that old bastard a ride since. Ftg...
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

www.hiptothesip.blogspot.com

RFA

Post by RFA » Tue May 30, 2017 6:05 pm

Woolybug25 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 3:15 pm
There's a can collector dude that hitchhikes between my town and the next collecting cans from dumpsters and generally snearing in everyone's general direction. I used to give him rides to the highway intersection because I knew most people hated the old bastard and he's really just is battling mental illness. One day I picked him up and he saw I was wearing a Notre Dame hat. He told me "fuck them Irish, my Nole's are gonna fuck you guys up". I larfed, but then the Noles beat ND the very next week in heartbreaking fashion.

Haven't given that old bastard a ride since. Ftg...
So, you don't have any friends either?

What are you doing this weekend?
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

Mad_Mike

Post by Mad_Mike » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:26 am

I don't know how I just found this.. but I dig it. The quality of our time on the water is usually a direct result of the people we are fishing with.. shitty company can ruin an otherwise great day.. and quick...

I guess i'll tell yall about Tucker.

I met tucker about 11 years ago. I had just moved to Charleston for school, and Tucker was a student at the Citadel, a Military type school with uniforms and strict rules and all that shit. Well they could only leave campus one day a week if they didn't have classes. Tucker decided to spend his off days hanging around the shop I was working in at the time.. Now Tuck is a large human.. 6'4" probly around 250lbs and solid.. but he's also one of the goofiest bastards i've ever met. To the point of making people around him physically uncomfortable, but I mean what are you going to do, the fucker is huge.. So anyway, he comes in like clockwork every wednesday to just hang around the shop, usually making jokes or weird noises. The other guys in the shop thought he was just too strange, but I thought he was funny so we would talk and be weirdo's together. We've been best friends ever since. We've traveled all over to fish together, and helped each other through alot of messy "life" bullshit. He's the guy who will tell me to my face when i'm being a dick, or talk me out of doing something self destructive.

I had a shitty girlfriend once, like life destroyingly bad. It took Tucker telling me to get rid of her ass for me to see it for myself... I dumped her the next day, tuck helped me roll in with my truck to load all my shit.. I was a groomsman in his wedding this year, and he will be the best man in mine next year. I'm not a very good friend when it comes to keeping in touch with people, I don't mean anything by it, but I just don't call or text people unless I have a reason to.. But Tucker is that friend that I can go months without a word to, and we will always pick right up like nothing ever happened.

We fish well together, and sometimes we fight like an old married couple.. But when it comes down to it, I know that If I put him in front of a fish, he will do his job.. thats important shit on a flats skiff.

I've thoroughly enjoyed hearing about yalls friends.. but reading some of these stories about losing or almost losing friends makes me think I need to be better about keeping up with my people.

To tucker and good fishing buddies everywhere..

Mad Mike
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. - Hemingway

Leonardo DiCaprio wins at life! - Row vs. Wade

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:33 am

austrotard wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:26 am
austrotard wrote:that was good. real good.

my mate dave's a pain in the ass.

cons:

sometimes he baits up... sometimes he won't even bring a fly rod.
catches waaay more fish than I do.
never has any wonga.
constantly fucking owes me wonga.
always gives me the small 'half'.
if there's two beers left in his fridge they're both his.
talks incessantly about his late teens and early 20s. fuck me... I think I know what happened to him every fucking day for eight years.
his missus just had a stoopid baby interrupting our faithful humpday celebratories... prolly six years running.

pro:

he will drop everything to be by your side when things get proper fucked up.

dave is gay.
we fished a still water yesterday arvo.
I took him a choice of a 4 or 5wt graphite and a 5wt boo... he fished his spin rod.
he caught some 7" reddies. I caught fuck all.
he fed them (whole) to benson.
I worried all night that the little bastard was gonna puke up in the ute or later, on the carpet.
therefore benson had no tea.

dave fucks everything up for every cunt.

benson is fine. and strangely enough, bleck.
dave is the father of my only godchild and today I am honoured. and somewhat jrunk.
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.

fatman

Post by fatman » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:24 pm

austrotard wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:33 am
austrotard wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:26 am
austrotard wrote:that was good. real good.

my mate dave's a pain in the ass.

cons:

sometimes he baits up... sometimes he won't even bring a fly rod.
catches waaay more fish than I do.
never has any wonga.
constantly fucking owes me wonga.
always gives me the small 'half'.
if there's two beers left in his fridge they're both his.
talks incessantly about his late teens and early 20s. fuck me... I think I know what happened to him every fucking day for eight years.
his missus just had a stoopid baby interrupting our faithful humpday celebratories... prolly six years running.

pro:

he will drop everything to be by your side when things get proper fucked up.

dave is gay.
we fished a still water yesterday arvo.
I took him a choice of a 4 or 5wt graphite and a 5wt boo... he fished his spin rod.
he caught some 7" reddies. I caught fuck all.
he fed them (whole) to benson.
I worried all night that the little bastard was gonna puke up in the ute or later, on the carpet.
therefore benson had no tea.

dave fucks everything up for every cunt.

benson is fine. and strangely enough, bleck.
dave is the father of my only godchild and today I am honoured. and somewhat jrunk.
fukkin hypocritical sumbitch :wink
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:29 pm

shhh. don't tell the cc.
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.